Status: Completed.

I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love

Chapter 16.

“We are goooiiiiing to San Francisco!” I sang loudly from my spot on the couch. It was late in the night or early in the morning, it was up to you to decide which one you liked better…
It was around 2 a.m, I was dying for a good night of sleep but couldn’t sleep… My dream was about to become true in less than 5 hours. I had been waiting for this day my whole life! Okay… maybe not my whole life but you know what I mean.
I was sitting on the couch, next to the window, in the GC’s bus. Billy was sitting next to me, he was trying his best to keep his eyes open. We were the only ones who were trying not to sleep…

“Billy! Make your girlfriend shut up! We’re trying to sleep!” yelled Benji from his bunk.

“I’m not his girlfriend!” I argued and then started jumping around, singing ‘Barbie Girl’ by Aqua just to annoy them.

“Shut up!” yelled both Benji and Joel while I saw a shoe flying in my direction. I ducked it and kept singing while getting up. Its sister flew across the room and was about to hit me, it was too let for me to avoid it. I closed my eyes, waiting for the blow but it never happened. After a while I opened my eyes and saw with Paul’s shoe in his hand. He threw it back in the bunk area and the launch was followed by a whined. I guess Billy was better at throwing stuff than Chris was.

“I’ll make her shut up, just don’t throw stuff at her!” muttered Billy in a threatening tone. I grinned and wrapped my arms around him from behind and stuck my tongue out at Chris who was the only one out of his bunk, probably because he was the one who throw the shoes. He glared at me and closed the door.

“Listen, I know you are excited and all but you know, normal people wants to sleep at this hour, well most of them are already asleep… So we should do something less noisy than screaming and jumping. Okay?” he asked, turning around and smiling down at me.

I could have protested but I didn’t. Instead I unwrapped my arms from around him and sat on the couch. He took his laptop and placed it on the table.

“I know how to keep you entertained…” he said with a small smile as he opened it and clicked on a file: ‘Lyn’. I frowned but then grinned when I saw ‘Green Day.’ He clicked on it and sat comfortably on the couch, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and bringing me closer to him. ‘When I come around’ appeared on the screen. We watched the video and the others that followed. We watched for about one hour and a half of Green Day’s videos and gigs. It was awesome!

“Do you wanna watch a movie?” he asked when the Green Day marathon was over.

“No, I’ll probably fell asleep during the movie…” I replied yawning. He nodded understandingly and got up. He walked over to the fridge and grabbed two cans of Red Bull and a bag of Skittles from the cupboard and sat back down. He handed me a can and the bag of Skittles then put a DVD in the player.

“What are we watching?” I asked after I took a sip from the energize drink.

“Because of your awesomeness, I decided that you deserved to be one of the first person to watch our videos for our last record. Some of them you already know but some others you don’t, like the videos for ‘We believe’ and ‘Predictable’… Did you see the one for ‘I just wanna live’?”

My mouth was slightly opened as he said that.

“Oh my god…” I whispered before I launched myself at him, hugging him tight and kissing his cheek.

“Okay, I take that as a ‘yes’.” He replied with a smile. I swear my cheeks were hurting from smiling so much.

We made ourselves comfortable on the couch once again before he started the DVD. The first video was the one for their song ‘The Chronicles of Life and Death’, I liked the video but it wasn’t my favorite. The next one was for ‘Predictable’. I adored the song but watching the video was even better. Then it was ‘We believe’, I snuggled closer to Billy and rested my head on his chest. The last one was ‘I just wanna live’, I couldn’t restrain a giggle when I saw Billy in the strawberry costume, but he looked handsome with his black suit.

“The end, so what did you think?” he asked with an anxious smile as he took the DVD out of the player.

“That was brilliant! Like, seriously! The songs are awesome but the videos are even better if that’s even possible…” I replied. He gave me a breath-taking smile and then shook his head at me when I yawned.

“You should get some sleep, I’ll wake you up in two hours and a half…” he said, kissing my temple. I wanted to protest, but I deep inside I knew he was right, I needed sleep if I wanted to fully enjoy my day in San Francisco. There were so many things I wanted to see, but we didn’t have much time so I knew that sleep would be proscribed for the next 24 hours, at least for me. I sighed and got up, stretching my arms above my head while letting out yawn. Billy chuckled and mimicked my actions. I just ignored him and grabbed the small bag I had brought from my bus as I made my way to the bathroom to get changed in my PJs. Once I was changed, I shoved my clothes back in my bag and dropped the bag just next to the door and closed the door behind me. Billy was nowhere to be found. I assumed that he went to sleep in his bunk so I grabbed my pillow that I had brought and my hoodie. I laid on the couch, in a fetal position as I placed my hoodie on top of me, using it as a cover.

“What are you doing?” asked Billy as he closed the door from the bunk area behind him. “I leave you for less than 5 minutes and there you are, lying on the couch! Did you really thought that I was going to let you sleep on the couch and that I’d sleep in my bunk?”

I nodded, not looking at him. He slapped his forehead, walked over to the couch and pulled me up, sitting me on the table.

“You wait here!” he mumbled as he went to get changed in the bathroom. When he came back, he laid two sleeping-bags on the floor.

“What are you doing?” I whispered from my spot on the table.

“Making our bed…” he said as he laid a cover on top of the sleeping bags, then placed two pillows and then more covers.

“I could have slept on the couch ya know!” I said as I watched him busying himself with the making of our bed.

“Done!” he said with a proud smile. I shook my head at him and hopped down the table.

“Why use covers when we got sleeping bags?”

“The sleeping bags are acting as mattress and please don’t ruin my fun, I’ve always wanted to sleep in the middle of the bus…” he said as he slide under the covers, patting the spot next to him. I switched off the light and lay under the covers, next to him.

“Don’t you think it will scare the guys when they’ll wake up?” I asked as I rested my head against the pillow.

“That’s the point…” he replied. I couldn’t see his face but I knew he was smiling.

“Night Billy…” I mumbled as I got comfortable and turned the other way.

“Night Lyn…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and commenting =)
I love all your comments!