Status: Completed.

I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love

Chapter 18.

I grabbed my bag from the backroom and my messenger bag before I hurried out of the bus. I met everyone in the lobby of the hotel and snatched my key out of Cha’s hand, kissing her cheek quickly before I ran to the lift. As soon as I found my room, I dropped my bag next to the bed. I made sure I had my wallet, my Ipod, my sunglasses, Oreos, my phone, my camera and a map of the city before I ran out of the room, locking the door behind me and made my way to Cha’s room.

“Cha? I’m going now, I’ll see you later okay!” I called out, staying at the doorway. I heard the shower running and giggling so I guess she was in the bathroom with Zacky. I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind me. If she needed me, she could always call me.

I got on the lift, and was counting down the seconds until I’d be walking out of the hotel. Exactly 45 seconds later, I was out in the sun. I looked up at the sky, smiling before I grabbed my sunglasses from my bag and put them on. I shoved my hands in my pockets. I started walking down the streets, looking at everything I could, taking everything in. I couldn’t explain my love for this city, it’s just that one day I saw the name and I fell in love with it, I didn’t even knew what it looked liked… And then I started listening to Green Day.

I looked at the buildings, the shops, the walkers, everything. I took the map out of my pocket and saw that I wasn’t far from the cable cars. I turned around the corner and started my exploration of the city…

**

It was around 2 in the afternoon when I accorded myself a break, I bought a sandwich and sat on a bench on Fisherman’s Wharf, looking at the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. I was thinking about taking a walk on it but my thoughts were interrupted when my phone went off, ‘Unholy Confessions’ blasting from my bag.

“Yeah?”

“Lyn? It’s Benji.”

“Benji? Why are you using Brian’s phone?” I asked, a little worried.

“I forgot my phone in my room so I borrow his… Anyway, I hum, we were wondering when you’ll be back.”

I let out a sigh of relief and glanced at the bridge.

“In about four hours or so… Maybe more, why?”

“She’ll be back in four hours” I heard him speaking to the others. Gimme the phone!

“Lyn! You can’t wander in San Francisco for four hours! Come back to the hotel!” said Cha, I knew she was worried.

“I’m fine Cha. Please I’m just visiting the city, I won’t jump off the bridge or anything, don’t worry about that.”

I heard her muttering something about getting lost and kidnapped but I ignored her.

“Listen, I still have plenty of things to see, so I’ll see you later okay? Bye!” and I hung up, putting the phone back in my bag. I sat there, eating my sandwich and admiring the view. After a while, I decided to make my way in direction of the Golden Gate Bridge because I wanted to take a closer look. My feet were hurting so I took a cab to the Golden Gate Park. I sat on the grass underneath a tree, resting my back against it and looked through the pictures I had taken with my camera. I swear, my face was hurting from smiling so much. It was exactly how I imagined it, if not better. I sighed happily and yawned. My eyelids felt heavy and decided to close my eyes for just a few seconds.

I woke up in a fright, holding my hand over my heart. Have you ever had the feeling that you know you have to wake up, and you wake up suddenly and you’re afraid it’s too late for whatever you had to do? Yeah, that’s it. I looked around and saw that the sun wasn’t high in the sky anymore. I don’t how it happened, but I still had my bag with everything in it. I bit my lip and rummaged through my bag, in search of my phone. I found it and saw that the battery had died. I let out a frustrated sight as I got up from the grass.

Cha was going to murder me… I thought as I hurried towards the gates. I needed to find someone who would be nice enough to let me borrow their phone for a second… I had no idea of the time.

I started searching for the nearest bar or something when I spot a Starbucks. I made my way into the shop and looked at the people sitting there. I shook my head and walked out. I decided to go to the shopping center I had spotted when I was walking down Market Street. I hurried there, not bothering to take a cab and tried to make it as fast as I could without getting lost.

I finally made it to the shopping center about 20 minutes later, and I was out of breath. I spot two girls getting out of Hot Topic. I decided that I needed to try it. I made my way over to them and took the sunglasses of my eyes, putting them in my bag. I ran a hand through my hair and bit my lip in anticipation.

“Excuse me…” I said, trying to control my voice. I had always hated to ask people things, I was always afraid they would tell me to fuck off or anything… Stupid I know.

“My battery died, and I have no idea of the time and I need to call my best friend to let her know that no one kidnapped me…” I rambled. I was expecting them to laugh at me, or something of the kind. But they both handed me their phones at the same time. I starred at the two phones.

“Hum… aren’t you supposed to tell me to fuck off or something?” I asked, rubbing my neck. That’s when I saw the T-shirt one of the girl was wearing. Perfect Nightmare was written in purple across her T-shirt. I let out a sight of relief and took her phone.

“You sure you don’t mind?” she shook her head, looking at me with wide eyes. I smiled and quickly dialed Billy’s number.

“Yo Billy?”

I heard one of the girl gasped. I smiled. “Sorry I didn’t call you before but I kind of fell asleep on the grass in a park and when I woke up my battery was dead. And I had to borrow someone’s phone so I’ll be really quick: what time is it?” I asked, putting the phone away from my ear as I heard screaming coming from the other end.

“Wow! That late? Sure, I’ll be there in thirty minutes!” I said as I hung up. I ended the phone back to the girl and smiled. I could have just walked off, but it would have been rude.

“So, thanks a lot for letting me borrow your phone.” I said, “What’s your name?”

“Vanessa.” She said, with a shy smile. “Nice to meet you Vanessa, I’m…”

“Lyn from Perfect Nightmare.” Said her friend. I nodded and shook her hand, then Lily’s hand.

“Listen girls, I would love to stay and chat with you but I need to go back to the hotel before Cha come to get me…” I explained, “Maybe I’ll see at the show tonight?”

“Unfortunately, we can’t go.” Mumbled Vanessa.

“Really? Why?”

“The tickets are all sell out, because of the Avenged Sevenfold’s fans and the Good Charlotte’s ones…” explained her friend. I frowned.

“Well… I don’t have any backstage passes with me…” I mumbled, looking through my bag. “You know what? You still have Billy’s number in your phone. Just give him a call when you are at the venue and I’ll come personally to get you backstage. Does that work for you girls?” I asked, looking at them.

“Sure! But we have an other one of our friends who wanted to come…”

“Call her and tell her to get ready okay? I’ll see you there but I really need to go now!” I said as I waved at them, before I hurried out of the mall and hurried to get back to the hotel.

**

“Lyn!” shouted Cha as soon as I got out of the lift. “Where were you? I was worried sick!” she yelled throwing her arms in the air. I just smiled at her.

“I called Billy a few minutes ago…”

“That was about an hour ago!” she argued, as she walked over to me and dragged me to my room. “Now you go and get ready! The boys are already at the venue! And so are Jess and Ash!” she said as she pushed me in the bathroom and rested her back against the door as I undressed and stepped into the shower.

“You know, Billy was worried…” she said randomly as I squeezed some shampoo in my hands.

“And so were you…” I said, rolling my eyes as I massaged my scalp.

“Brian was worried too…” she added.

Everyone was worried…” I muttered. “I told you I would be gone for a while and you all freak out! I’m a big girl and I can walk in San Francisco by myself!” I ranted as I got under the water, rinsing my hair.

“Lyn… I know I’ve been spending a lot of time with Zacky, but you’re not mad at me right?” she asked after a few seconds of silence. I grabbed the body wash and squirted some into my palm. I sighed.

“Of course not! I don’t blame you for spending time with your boyfriend… I’d do the same, I guess… If I had one…” I muttered as I rinsed myself and then turned off the water. I opened thee curtain a little and grabbed the towel, I wrapped it around my body before I stepped out of the shower and looked at Cha.

“Cha, you have to understand. I’m a big girl, you don’t need to be there for me all the time, I can take care of myself, really…”

“But I’ve been completely neglecting you!” she argued, looking down at her hands. I shook my head.

“No you didn’t. Otherwise you wouldn’t be there. Just because I don’t have a life means you can’t have one. And I don’t care if it’s with the rhythm guitarist of Avenged Sevenfold. You deserve some happiness and you need to think about yourself for a bit, you have to stop stressing for me. I’m completely fine. I swear! And your relationship with Zacky won’t change the way I see you, you’re my best friend and I’m glad I’ve met you…” I said truthfully as I hugged her, being careful that my hair wouldn’t soak her T-shirt.

She sighed but wrapped her arms around me, kissing my forehead.

“You’re like my little sister, you know that right?” she asked as we pulled away and she gazed into my eyes.

“I know.” I said with a smile.

“You would tell me if anything was bothering you, right?”

“Of course I would!” I said with a smile. She nodded. I kissed her cheek and headed back to my room to grab some clothes. I didn’t even to look at what I was wearing, I mean I would get on stage, rock out, get all sweaty and then go back to the hotel, shower and then go to sleep. No need for me to get dressed.

“Lyn, you should try to dress up a little bit…” she said as she pointed at my plain black T-shirt and my grey jeans which where ripped on the knees. I rolled my eyes, grabbed my GC hoodie.

“I’m serious Lyn…” she said, blocking the way. I sighed, took off my T-shirt and threw it on the bed before pulling down my jeans and throwing it across the room. I grabbed my black skirt, my green and black stripped socks, the ones that reached over the knees. Then I grabbed my neon green tank top and grabbed my leather jacket.

“And now?” I asked, running a hand through my still damp hair, trying to make it look decent.

“Awesome! Now let’s go.” She said as she opened the door. I grabbed my shoes and put them on in the corridor while Cha closed the door behind us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a lot for the comments on the last chapter =) and for putting up with me.
I know you guys want Brian to found out, but like I said a few days ago, he will but it won't be like in the original version... And the re-write will be longer than the original one, which was about 20chapters long... Just wanted to let you know =)

Thanks again.
A <3