Status: Completed.

I'm the Kind of Human Wreckage That You Love

Chapter 2.

Beep… Beep… Beep… I reached out and slammed my hand on the beeping machine before falling back to sleep.
Only to be awoken seconds later…

“Adeline” whispered a voice I knew too well. Brian’s voice. I groaned and turned the other way, burying my face in what I thought was the pillow, it fact it was Brian’s chest. I gripped the T-shirt with both hands.

“I know you don’t wanna get up but please at least let go of my T-shirt, I like this one!” he said as he was playing with my hair once again. I let it go and tangled my fingers in his hair instead.

“Adeline” he sighed, “Get up or you’ll be late for school!”

I ignored him, pretending to be sleeping. He stopped playing with my hair and moved his hands to my side.

He wouldn’t dare…

He started tickling me. I squealed and jumped off the bed, landing on the floor with a ‘thud’. Brian leant across the mattress and smiled down at me. I got up, trying my best to ignore his laughter and gathered some clothes before heading to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and then get dressed with some clothes I always keep in Brian’s closet for all the time I’m staying here. It’s like half of my clothes are in his closets… When I walked out of the bathroom, and to the kitchen, Brian was sitting at the table, only wearing some boxers and a T-shirt and drinking coffee. I bit my lip and made my way to the counter, grabbing an apple.

“Ready to go?” he asked as he got up to put the cup in the sink. I nodded and went to the hall to put my shoes on and grab my backpack.

I sat on the passenger sit wile Brian sat on the driver seat.
“Brian, you could have put some jeans on or something…” I said as I saw that he was still in his PJs, he just put some shoes on.

“Why? I’m only dropping you and then I’ll go back to my room, with my oh-so comfy bed, and I’ll snuggle under the warm blankets, thinking about you, bored as hell in Maths.” He said with a genuine smile. I slapped his arm playfully.

“That’s not nice!” I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest. He parked the car in front of the gates. I quickly kissed his cheek and left the car, it was his turn to pout because I didn’t gave him a proper Goodbye.

With no surprise, the day was horrible.
I was alone most of the time, not that I minded… But it was still funny to see some guys trying to talk to me, and as soon as I said my name they’d back away and never speak to me ever again. It’s funny how a simple name can scared someone… Just say: Adeline Sanders and no one wants to mess with you… For some people I was known as Brian’s girlfriend or Matt’s sister but never as Adeline. It was getting on my nerves sometimes, but I couldn’t do anything about it…

The bell announcing the end of the day finally rang and I ran to my locker, before heading to the parking lot. Brian’s car was there but he was still inside. I sat and buckled my seatbelt. Brian was dressed now. He had his sunglasses on. He quickly kissed me and then started the engine. The kiss felt weird, like it was one of the last we’d be sharing… It tasted like he was going to break up with me or something of the kind. I frowned and didn’t say anything during the drive, I didn’t ask to change the music. He didn’t try to break the awkward silence and neither did I. I made my best to shake those thoughts out of my head.

What could have possibly gone wrong in a matter of one day? I mean, this morning everything was fine, and then it’s so weird… Or maybe I’m just over-thinking.

The car stopped but not in front of Brian’s house like he usually did. We were stopped in front of my parents'. I looked at him with a questioning glance,

“We have band practise” was his reply to my silent question. I opened the door, grabbed my backpack and waited for him to get out of the car. I stood in front of him, as he was looking down at me, probably wondering what I was doing. I took a step forward and wrapped my arms around his waist and resting my head against his chest. I was waiting for a reaction.

He wrapped his arms around me and stroked my hair. I pulled away and looked at his handsome face. “I love you” I said. He looked at the garage, we could here some guitar riffs.

“I know” was his reply before he locked his car and went straight to the garage. I stood there, in the middle of the driveway. I sighed, made my way inside the house and dropped my bag on the first step of the staircase. I knew something was up. Brian had never acted like that, never. And I was stubborn. I could have just let him be you know, going to my room and leaving him with my brother and their friends to jam but no, I decided to watch their practise. Maybe I shouldn’t have…

I made my way over to the couch and sat on the right side, facing Brian. Val was already here, along with Kate, Jamie and Lea. Kate was Zacky’s girlfriend, Jamie was Johnny’s and Lea was Jimmy’s. They all gave me a sympathetic smile like they knew something I did not and I really hated that feeling.

Brian barely made eye contact with me, which was something he never did either. He was always smiling and winking at me or mouthing ‘I love you’ or stuffs like that but today, nothing. None of them were looking at me. It felt like I was invisible. Halfway through the practise, I gave up. I had enough. I got up and left the garage, slamming the door behind me. I hurried to my room and threw my bag next to my desk before I threw myself on the bed and then reached for the little remote on my bedside table so I could put some music on. I listened to Sassafras Roots from the ‘Dookie’ album. I switched from this song to When I Come Around and then back to Sassafras Roots I kept switching from one song to the other until I heard voices from the corridor. I got up from the bed and stood behind the door, trying to listen to the voices.

“I can’t stand this Matt! Really, just let her come with us! I can’t stand it!”

“Dude, it’s the only way!”

What the fuck was going on? I tried to lean closer to the door but I accidentally hit my elbow against the door, they stopped talking and there was a knock at my door. I threw myself on the bed and took the nearest book I had and opened it on the bed.

The doorknob twisted and Brian came in. He stood by the door, not coming and sitting on the bed like he always did. I looked up.

“Yeah?” I asked, smiling at him. I couldn’t help it, I had to smile every time I saw him.

“Hum, I'm heading back home. Just wanted to let you know.” He said. I put the book aside and made my way over to him. I leant in to kiss him but he turned his head at the last moment and ended up kissing his cheek. He took a step back and left the room, closing the door behind him.

I starred at the door, not moving, for what seems like ages.

Something was definitely wrong…
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you guys wanted to read the rest of the sequel... I'll try my best to do the re-write as fast as I can so I'll be able to post the sequel soon, ^^"
Thanks for reading/subscribing and commenting =)
and thanks for putting up with me^^"

A <3