Owl Eyes

Alesta was born into being a half vampire and half human, which means that her father was a vampire and her mother was a human (obviously). But just a few months after she was born, someone killed her parents. So after that she was put into the care of her grandparents. Her grandparents were also vampires. Though one was Half human like her.
They taught her the ways of a vampire as she was getting older. They told her that she only aged up to nineteen and that she would mature a lot too. They also told her that she would be just about the same as a fully vampire, just as strong and fast and that she could survive off of blood or human food. Though she preferred animal blood and not human, since she WAS half human. The only difference would be, that she had a beating heart. And when she was eleven. some person that had killed her parents had killed her grandparents. She just knew that this guy wasn't mortal. When they read a will that her grandparents left behind, they said that it stated that they were giving everything to her and that she would inherit it when she turns eighteen. It also stated that she was able to visit the house anytime she wanted to. There was people there that took care of the house till it was time for her to inherit it.

So, after that she was put inot foster care. Over time, she had learned to care and love these people, just as they did with her. When she was fourteen, someone had addopted her. He was police man and his name was Andrew. When they told him what she was ,so that he would know information just incase anything happened, he wanted to kill her. But he never could kill her whenever he had the chance. So he decided to give her chance at life. But that doesn't mean that he treated her right either. Every time that she was cought drinking blood from and animal, Andrew would chain her up in the attic for two days.

So when she was seventeen, she decided to leave him and try to run away.