Status: Slow updates; getting faster XD

Just Stay With Me Awhile

Change of Heart

Lili was watching the guys’ performance from the side of the stage, Nikki standing beside her and watching as well, a smile on his face. He was happy that Lili was back together with Zack, in spite of everything that had happened to them in such a short amount of time. He thought they would be good for each other; more good than Vince thought, definitely.

Her father still hadn’t come to terms with the fact that she was seeing Zacky again, especially after the jail incident. But he begrudgingly accepted it because he didn’t want her to feel as though she had no control over her life. He had yet to speak normally to Zacky though, Lili thought with a frown on her face. She needed to try to get them to get along if their relationship was going to work out in the long run.

As she was watching their show, she couldn’t help but avert her gaze to Brian every so often. He looked stiffer tonight than he normally did; tonight, he was playing as Brian Haner rather than Synyster Gates. He was playing as the brokenhearted man rather than the heartbreaker. It made Lili feel all that much more guilt when she realized that she was what had caused this change in him; a change the fans would definitely be blogging about tomorrow.

“So,” Nikki started. “What made you choose Zack?”

“Huh?” Lili asked, bringing herself back to attention. She’d been spacing Nikki, completely focused on Brian and Zack as they played their guitars.

Nikki chuckled. “You can’t really think that no one but Tommy noticed, right?” He asked her. “I think the only one as clueless as you is your Dad. He still doesn’t know.”

“Know what?” Lili bluffed. Nikki sighed, a serious look in his eyes now.

“You know what I’m talking about, Lili. And what you did…Well, it’s not exactly right, but none of us are exactly saints either, so we aren’t going to judge you for it. But I hope you realize that his heart’s on the line. A boy doesn’t look like that unless he’s serious, Lili. Look at him. It’s almost pathetic, the way he’s watching you.”

Lili looked back towards the stage and sure enough, she saw Brian looking over at the side of the stage, seeking her out. She sighed, knowing that Nikki was right. “What am I supposed to do, Uncle Nikki?”

“That’s not an answer I have.” Nikki told her, looking at Brian again. “And if you don’t know the answer, then maybe you haven’t made the right decision.”

“Hey,” Vince’s voice said, walking over to them. He smiled when he saw Lili and gave her a hug before looking at the stage. “They’re doing a pretty kickass job.”

“Yeah,” Lili smiled. “Yeah, they are.”

“Are you comin’ on stage tonight?” Vince asked her. Lili sighed and shook her head. She hadn’t been planning on singing tonight; she had too much on her mind to concentrate on it.

“No, not tonight.” She told him. “I’ve got some stuff I’ve got to get done.”

Vince nodded, and Lili knew he could tell that something was off about her. Ever since she’d gotten the record contract, she hadn’t turned down an opportunity to sing yet. This would be the first time since he’d told her that she was.

“You okay?” He asked casually. She gave him a smile and nodded.

“Yeah,” She told him. “I’m fine.”

She heard the guys’ final song start, and knew that within a few minutes she’d be going out to dinner with Zack. He’d asked her before the show if she’d go with him to a restaurant, just the two of them, and she’d agreed. Now she wasn’t so sure she wanted to. Right now, she was worried about Brian and what Nikki had said.

She just hoped that she’d made the right decision by choosing Zack.