I'd Kiss You Goodbye If I Thought It Would Make You Stay

Resolution

“So let’s give it up for the new year. Did this party of two have you slightly confused?" - Motion City Soundtrack

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“3…2…1! Happy New Year!” Butcher and Sisky shouted at the top of their lungs.

William passed more drinks around. I wasn’t sure if that was such a good idea; I had already seen Mike and Suzie making out earlier in the night, and I had filed it away to remember in the morning for future opportunities to make fun of them, even though it's not that uncommon of an occurence.

The thoughts flew from my mind as I felt his lips on mine. I eagerly pressed my lips back against his, wrapping my arms around his neck and closing my eyes. His arms snaked around my waist.

“Hey! Get a room!” Butcher called. I pulled away to see mostly everyone staring on in amusement.

“That sounds like a good idea,” Michael murmured to me, grinning mischievously.

We left the room hand in hand, ignoring the suggestive phrases our friends were calling after us.

I shut our bedroom door behind us, giggling as his kisses tickled my neck. I stood on my tiptoes and he leaned down to kiss me on the lips.

He ran one hand through my hair while his other arm inched up my shirt and around my waist, deepening the kiss.

We were then oh-so-conveniently interrupted by a drunken Sisky stumbling into the room.

“Oh my God!” he yelled, shielding his eyes. “I just wanted to use the bathroom!”

“It’s the next door down, Adam,” I laughed, at his terrible timing.

He practically sprinted from the room with his hands over his eyes, the door slamming closed behind him.

I leaned up to kiss Michael again, but by then Sisky had ruined the moment beyond repair. He burst out laughing, causing me to pull away and laugh as well.

“Let’s go back out there,” I suggested, pulling him out of the room and back down the hall to where everyone else is.

“That was fast,” Jude teased, seeing us return to the living room.

We just laughed and I shoved him lightly before heading over to William and Jack to make conversation over drinks.

Besides, that was back when everything was perfect and I didn’t know there was anything to worry about yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I’m going to start replacing flashpacks with Michael’s POV instead, they’re more fun to write.

I kind of really love the next chapter way better than this one, so I will probably update tomorrow. I’m an updating addict. And I’m okay with that.

Thanks: To_Settle_The_Score, Shenanigans0803, ashgal19, do. the helenkelerr., HarperB82, pplckndrpt20, darkday15, hey-moon, kristabby, fatehathnomercy, & Cynically Jaded Fork.