Status: Updates when I can!

Lampposts, Demonic Siblings and a Broken Toaster. Can It Get Any Worse?

The Study Group

It was a Saturday morning. I wasn't really a morning person – especially on a Saturday - but I was behind in Calculus, and the schools Study Group was starting.
Not that I wanted to go, but yesterday Crystal had phoned my house (God knows how she got the number) and asked me to come along.

So I said Yes.

Stupid, stupid me! I thought, after she told me; “Great! Saturday at 10 am, don't be late!” and then promptly hung up. Damn it!

I sluggishly slurped my breakfast tea and crunched my toast, which was lathered in Philadelphia cream cheese. Nothing like a bit of pampering, right?
After tossing everything in the sink, I grabbed my books – not bothering with a bag – and stumbled out the front door.

Again, I was stupid enough to leave the house, in the middle of freaking June in California and I forgot my sunglasses! The sun nearly blinded me as I walked up the street, taking a look at all the neighbors' prim clean-cut garden hedges, all expensively shaped. Damn, there was even a molded hedge in the shape of a -

No way. Elton John, I kid you not. Someone's been idiotic enough to shape their hedge in honor of Elton John?!

Tearing my gaze away from the hedges – Christ- I hurried down the footpath and onto the main street.

Children were chases each other down the paved roads, while cars were replaced by pedestrians and cyclists, pedaling their way down the street. I spotted several stalls, where people were waving around over-sized fruits and ice-creams, enticing small, greedy children to part with their parents money. The smell of sweet ice-cream and sizzling hot dogs violently clashed, giving a mouthwatering sensation. I quickly wiped the dribble off my chin, how ladylike is that?

Finally I passed all the shops, and I came to to the library, where we were supposed to hold the meeting. I noticed all the group turn to stare at me as I went in through the entrance.

“Am I late?” I mumbled, feeling the blood rise to my cheeks.

Before the atmosphere became too awkward, Crystal cleverly chose to intervene. “You came!!” She beamed, her blond curls swishing round her hips. I took a moment to jealously gawk at her long, tanned legs beneath the turquoise denim miniskirt. I noticed that she also wore a beautiful white top that fitted her perfectly, bearing the words Little Angel in swirly silver calligraphy. You have to admit, anyone going round wearing something like that must have a lot of self-confidence.

She grabbed my arm, leading me to one of the cheap plastic chairs, and as I lowered myself in it I noticed that I was the unlucky newcomer that got the farting seat.

Everyone introduced themselves, and I found out that nearly all the them went to the same school as me, all except for three guys and a girl. The four each had remarkable auburn hair that shone red and gold in the sunlight that infiltrated the library, and brilliant green eyes that could put even the amazon rain forest to shame. Their striking resemblances shocked me; were they all related or something?

Moving my focus to the textbooks in front of me, I then studied for the rest of the morning and well into the afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler, and i wish I could've added more but to tell you the truth, I'm getting really tired and I really need a good nights sleep! ;)
And i noticed that the stars went up to two - im so happy!

Please leave a comment! Don't be a silent reader!