Sequel: In the End

It Started Off With Just A Trip To Oakland, California

A Drunken Kiss

For the rest of the night, I slept perfectly. I knew I was safe, which was good enough for me. I woke up a couple other times though, when Billie Joe had moved... But he never got up or anything. I think he knew how scared I was. I would hear Billie Joe mumble in his sleep every once in a while when I had woken up, but that only made me smile.
I never wanted morning to come... Because that meant we'd have to get up, and go to the studio. One minute I'm asking Billie Joe to go with him, the next I'm wanting to stay at the house.
I was waking up at the same time as Billie Joe. I really didn't want to wake up. Yesterday had gone from dream, to nightmare, back to a dream... In a way...
I put my hand to my neck, and felt my necklace still there. I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened last night if my mom hadn't showed up.
Billie Joe rolled over onto his side, putting his arm around me, and burying his head in my hair. I smiled, and I heard him snore.
I wanted to put everyone and everything that ever happened to me at home behind me, and well... Just leave it. That would have been perfect... Right? Yeah, well, except for the fact that I had to go back there when the summer ended... I had to go back there...
I just shook my head, trying to get that thought out of my head. I really didn't need to think about that right now... But I couldn't help it... Why had my mom left yesterday? He told me she left, and that was obvious... But knowing my mom she didn't leave without a fight... So why had she left?
I kept asking myself that, I knew my mom too well to just leave, especially when it had to do with me being really happy. It got to the best part of me, making me want to wake up Billie Joe and ask him.
"Billie Joe?"
He just grunted, making me laugh.
"Billie?"
"Hmmm?"
"What did you say to make my mom leave yesterday?"
I sat there for a moment, waiting for him to answer, but all I got was a snore. I rolled my eyes, and just laughed.

It was a couple of hours later when he had finally woken back up. I must admit, I fell asleep for a while, too.
Billie Joe woke up, and looked around quickly, before dropping his head back on the arm of the couch, making a thud.
"Great job, asshole" he mumbled to himself holding the back of his head, making me laugh even though I tried not to.
"You just love it when people get hurt, don't you?" he asked, smiling
"Nope... Just you"
"Oh, thanks, I can feel the love" he said sarcastically
I laughed at him, and sat up. He sat up too, and rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes, before turning to me, and smiling, making me laugh.
He climbed over me to get up, but ended up falling off the couch, making me laugh even harder, so I was crying.
He grabbed my arm, and pulled me down on top of him, while I was laughing. He grinned at me, and held me down so I was squirming as he began to tickle me.
"Billie... Joe! NO... This... Is... Torture!" I managed to say in between breaths. My stomach was hurting I was laughing so hard.
I couldn't take it anymore, he was going to kill me I was laughing so hard. I flipped him over, and sat down on his stomach. He looked up at me, laughing as I pinned him down on the floor. We were both out of breath... And of course... Tre walks in.
He stopped, and stared at us, a huge smiling spreading on his face, as he saw me sitting on top of Billie Joe, who was still in his boxers, and we were both out of breath.
"Don't even say it" I said, standing up, brushing myself off, and then helping Billie Joe up.
"Fine... I won't" he said, still smiling
Billie Joe looked at him, and sighed. "You're such a perv, man" he said
"I'm not the one-"
"Don't say it!" I yelled, closing my eyes, and putting my hands on my ears "Cuz I'm so NOT listening to you!"
Billie Joe started laughing at how I was reacting to Tre, and Tre just stood there with a confused look on his face.
"Tre, what do you want?" Billie asked, breaking the silence
"Just wondering why you didn't come over last night"
"Oh... We just wanted to stay home..." Billie Joe said, not mentioning why
"Oooh... Ok, I figured since you weren't there."
Billie Joe smiled, and I laughed.
"I gotta go though, I told Frankito I'd be right back" Said Tre, with a smile
"OOk, see ya later. Tell Frankito I said Hi" Said Billie Joe, sitting down
"OOk" Said Tre, and then added, "Tonight we're gonna hang at Mike's place, so I'll see you there"
"Ok"
"I'll see ya later then" said Tre
"Yup, See ya later!" I said, sitting back down on the couch.

"We have no studio today, I guess" Said Billie Joe once Tre left
"That's kewel"
"Yup. Wutcha wanna do? We're not gonna go over Mike's until later... I seriously doubt he's awake, anyway"
I smiled, and nodded. "I don't know, but I'm gonna go change" I said, getting up.
"Yah, me too" We both headed upstairs and into our rooms.
I changed into my black shirt, and black jeans.
"Oh shit... I forgot my tie" I mumbled, searching my suitcase
I smiled to myself, and opened my door, walking out, the same time as Billie Joe. He had pretty much the same thing as me, but he had a white tie, and the jeans and shoes weren't the same.
"Billie?"
"Yah?"
"Can I borrow one of your ties?"
He smiled to himself, and nodded, letting me into his room to pick one out. I ended up picking out his polka dot tie, and putting it on.
"Oh, now I'm stylin" I joked
He laughed, and we both went downstairs, out the house, and into his car. I turned on the radio, to hear American Idiot come on, and started singing along with it... I couldn't help it.
Billie Joe laughed at me, and sung it to himself, in almost a whisper.
American Idiot finished, and Billie Joe and I got out of the car like we always did, and walked into some place.
In every store I did something to Billie Joe, making us both laugh... And I always got dirty looks from the Teenies. I didn't care though... After all, they were freakin teenies.

***

It was about 5 when we got back, we had obviously been out for a while. Tre had called us up to go over to Mike's I took a quick shower, and then we left.
We got to Mike'shouse, to see Tre, Jason, and Mike all there. Me and Billie Joe sat down next to each other.
I got up, to get something to drink, and walked into the kitchen. It took me a while to find where the hell the glasses where... Well... Actually, I didn't find them... Jason had to come in to help me find them.
"Yah, I knew they were in that cabinet... I was going to look there RIGHT before you got in here" I lied, smiling
Jason just laughed at me, and handed me a glass. "I'm sure you were"
"What?! I was!"
"Mhm"
"I take it as you don't believe me"
"Believe you? What? No, I believe you"
"Jason, that sounded like me trying to tell you I knew where the glasses were" I laughed
He laughed, too, and then saw my necklace.
"Hey, I like your necklace, it's nice" He said, pointing it out.
"What? Oh, thanks" I said, smiling, and looking down at it, "Billie Joe got it for me" I added, quickly
"That's cool-"
"We're playin shots!" I heard Tre yell from the other room, cutting Jason off.
Jason just laughed, and we headed back into where Tre, Mike, And Billie Joe was.
"All right, who am I playing against?" I asked, sitting back down
"I bet I could beat you!" Said Tre, jumping up
"Don't do it!" Said Mike, looking at me.
"Yeah, don't do it! Tre pretty much never loses" Warned Billie Joe
"I know, but I'm still gonna play" I said
"Against who?" Asked Billie Joe
"You" I simply said, grabbing his hand, and bringing him over to where Tre was with the shots.
Billie Joe laughed when I said that, and I sat him down, and sat across from him.

20 minutes later, and tons of shots later, Billie Joe and I were piss ass drunk. I would say who won, but I can't remember. We both stumbled over to the couch, and Mike, Tre, and Jason all went against each other... And of course, Tre won.
"Do you wanna go home?" Billie Joe whispered into my ear, as I watched the three of them compete.
"10 more minutes" I slurred
Billie Joe nodded, and went back to watching them.

I shouldn't have stayed for the extra 10 minutes... I really shouldn't have...

All three of them got up, when Tre had won, and went back over to the couch... Well... Not Jason. I got up, to see where Jason was going, and followed him.
"Hey" I said, stumbling, and almost falling, but Jason caught me. He was a little more sober than I was.
"Heyy" He said, helping me sit down next to him.
"What are you doing?" I slurred, looking at him
"Nothing, I just came here to call someone"
"Oh, okay" I said, still looking at him.
By then the 10 minutes had passed...
By then, I was so drunk I could thin "What could one kiss do?"
We closed in on each other, and our lips touched for a second, before I quickly stopped the kiss because I had heard someone in the doorway.
I looked up to see Billie Joe... Wide eyed, mouth slightly open... Fuck...
Without saying anything, he turned around, and walked out...