A Second Heartbeat

Dr. Feelgood?

I woke up a couple hours earlier so I could see Dr. Neil,after straightening my hair and slipping on Brian's Eighteen Visions shirt, my beat up converse and some jeans. I Left a yellow sticky pad sheet stuck on the coffee table in the living room where I knew Brian would see it. It read: “I had to get to work early, Matt needed help, doing stuff =]”. The bus shortly arrived after the ten minute walk to the bus stop. I rested my head on the window and started thinking...

What If I lose the baby? I don't hate this baby but I sure as hell don't want it. Abortion is out of the picture of course.

Even though it would be better; I am trying my best, well with all the knowladge I have about pregnency. I don't smoke or do drugs and I've stopped drinking for the most part.

The bus stopped and I got up dropped seventy-five cents into the fee dispenser before stepping off and walking into the doctors office. Everyone looked so happy in there; I turned very slowly and seen all the pregnant mothers with there husbands, boyfriends...friends, family with smiles they didn't have to fake. There was some empty seats in the back of the the white painted walls and fake plants in all the corner...where I sat, alone; quietly trying not to make eye contact or conversation with any of the others. Some would smile and make me flash one here and there.

“Katherine Haner?” A beautiful nurse standing in the doorway with a clip board questioned. I got up from my uncomfortable chair and walked towards her. Boy did I have a weird felling that everyone's were glued at me, it made me walk faster.

“Just follow me please.” She took me to a room where I sat on the bed in the ugliest fucking white gown with random blue patterns over it. I had to have her tie the 'hospital gown' in the back. It was now 8 and I had to be at work at 8:30. I was getting angry knowing Matt was gonna chew me out for being late.

The posters, diagrams, charts and fake models of babies inside the whom every where in the room I patinetly sat began to terrify me.

Knock,Knock

“I'm dressed, Dr. Neil” I said to my doctor.

“Hello um, Katherine Hanesr..I'm Dr. Feelgood.” The man held out his hand in front of me with a smile from ear to ear. He had his ears pierced and bark brown hair that went a little below his cheeks and had beautiful eyes.

“It's Haner. Your not my doctor.” I pleaded pulling my hand back after the hand shake.

“Yes well um, Dr. Vince Neil semi-retired last week and I happen to be the replacement Dr.”

“B-but, I really liked and trusted Vince very much.” I looked up at him.

“Well,maybe you can like and trust me.”

“Dude. I've never even seen you before in my life.” Dumb ass.

“What was your name again?” I asked.

“Dr. Feelgood, Dr. Tommy Lee Feelgood” He flashed me a smirk showing a few of his pearly white teeth.

“So what seems to be the problem today, Mrs. Haner?” He questioned looking down at the clip board he was holing in his right hand. The name 'Haner' I bit down on my teeth, ugh...

“Well,...I seem to be pregnant.” I looked down at my stomach, can't tell yet; then back up at him.

“Well good! Good for you” He said loudly.

“I don't want this baby,though.”

“Oh,well we don't perform-”

“No, I know...I mean I'm having the baby but I'm not too happy about it.” He arched his eyebrows at my reactions.

“So please...every time you see me don't make a huge fucking deal about it...I'm having the baby, and thats that.”

“Umm...Alright, you got it. No problem.” A huge smile was on his face. Gorgeous man by the way. The same blond nurse walked in from before to assist.

“Well If you can just lay back here so I can start your ultra-sound.” I laid back onto the bed and pick my gown up (wearing shorts of course!!) to my stomach he turned off the lights.

“This won't hurt one bit, just a little cold.” After the nurse handed Dr. Feelgood a pair of plastic gloves he squeezed a huge amount of clear gel onto my stomach spreading it all over with the 'remote' for the ultra sound. Maybe there's a chance the pregnancy test was wrong, that would be wonder-...

“Well you are absolutely, one hundred percent pregnant.” He said pointing at the little screen.

“UNCONGRAGULATION.”

“Well Un-thank you.” I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds.

“Do you see that flicker?... Right there in the middle?” He looked over at me. I sat up to observe.

“yeah.”

“Thats the heartbeat.”

“Congratulations Mrs. Haner.” She blurted, I gave the blond headed nurse a death glare.

“Oh, Mrs. Haner doesn't like to be congratulated.”

“Sorry.”

“Well, thank you nurse Pamela.” She walked out.

“Watch your eyes.”

“Okay Mrs. Haner please get dressed and meet me in the front clinic, so I can write you a prescription". He closed the door behind him.

“It's Kat.” I growled to myself grabbing my clothes and my black messenger bag.

...

“Um,..Where's the front clinic?” I asked a woman standing in the hall.

“Right over there hon.” She pointed a few rooms down from where mine was.

“Thank you.” I knocked before walking in.

“Please take a seat, Kat.” He looked up from his huge stack of papers that laid in front of him. I placed my bag on the seat beside the one I was sitting in.

“Um,well I'm gonna write you a prescription for some pain killers and calcium tablets.” I nodded as he handed me the paper and the first pictures of my baby. He looked very nervous when he handed it to me and dropped it onto the desk twice before I finally reached my hand. I just gave him very weird face and took the papers before throwing them in my bag.

“Um,do you have any questions or concerns?”

“Well um.. what kind of questions?”

“Um..things not to eat, things to avoid,...Sex?” He stuttered on the last one.

“Just eat healthy right? Fruits...vegetables. I don't do much of the other thing.”

“Oh...um, and yes lots of fruits and veggies and No coffee.” I put my bag over my shoulders again and began to walk out.

“The nurse will schedule your next appointment.”

“Ok, goodbye.”

“Good bye Kat.” I rushed out, he was acting sorta nervous, strange...real shaky and hesitant on some words.

“Weird.” I mumbled to myself and started walking to the bus stop.

...

“Oh,shit!” I sat down on one of the open seats.

“It's 8:20.” I noticed as i looked up from my watch, great I'm going to be late.

“Your late!” Matt yelled as I walked in the tattoo shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are y'all liking it so far?...
Leave a comment or question. hehe
:001: