A Second Heartbeat

Miscarriage

I escaped the restroom trying not to make it obvious towards the others.

Phone Call

“Hello?..This is Katherine Haner, can I speak with Dr. Feelgood?” I had to wait a while for him to finally get paged to the phone.

“Yes Mrs. Haner.”

“Well, doctor...I'm felling fine but today, well earlier when I went to the restroom there was a little um...stopping, I-I mean um..spotting.”

“Do you think you can get over here tomorrow”

“Is the office opened before 8:30 so I wont be late to work?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, goodbye Dr.”

End Phone Call

Amanda walked over to me just as I put the work phone on the hook.

“What was all that about?” She asked leaning against the wall.

“Nothing...I'm not gonna tell you my secret, because you won't tell me yours.”

“ouu, so this is a secret huh?”

“No, not really, I just have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. So can you please tell me YOURS!?”

“Nope!” She snickered a bit walking over to Tabitha, who sat tattooing her patient.

...Next morning

The bus Stopped in front of the Dr.'s office once again. As door opened I paid the fee before pulling down my dress a bit.
For some reason the office was silence, not one person sat in the waiting room and none of the nurses were behind the main desk bull shitting behind the see threw window that separated them from the patients.

“Hello?” I questioned.

“Oh, good morning Katherine.” He reached his hand at for a shake. I accepted. He's the only doctor I have seen with tattoos, we have that in common. Although most of his were covered by the hideous white trench coat he had to wear, I could see a few on his hands and neck where he's collar shirt and tie stopped.

“Where is everyone else?” Dr. Feelgood looked around the office.

“Yes, well...I came in a little early to see you.” As if that's not weird at all.

“Right...and when is this office suppose to open?”

"Eight O'clock." It's seven O' 5.

...

“Were you afraid of having a miscarriage?” I sat on the bed in the room I was assigned to as he rolled around in a chair asking me questions.

“Nope! Not really.” A big white smiled arose.

“Well, spotting is a normal thing during pregnancy.” I looked at him as if he was the stupid man on the earth.

“Do you have any other questions or..”

“Yeah...I do. I don't think I want you to be my doctor anymore.” I stood up looking down at him.

“What do you mean?”

“I don't know...your very strange, doctor.”

“I-I'm sorry, I'll try not to do what ever it is I do anymore.”

“You see, right there again.”

“I'm sorry.”

“I'm leaving. I don't understand why you made me come all the way out here just to hear that “spotting is a normal thing during pregnancy.” I barged out of the office and outside.

“Fuck, my bag” As I reached the concrete outside the office.

“You forgot your... .” I pulled his lips onto mine.

“Bag.” He finally got the chance to continue before trying t kiss me again. Fuck these out of control pregnancy hormones.

“Wait, WHOA!”

“What?...What is it?” He asked.

“I have a Very strict and controlling husband, if he were to see this he would kill the both of us.”

“Is he big?”

“...He's big enough.”

“Well, lets go inside.”

“Alright...wait, NO! I have to go to work. Matt's so close to firing my already!”

“Let me give you a ride.”

“No. YES!”

...

I slammed the door to his big black and yellow hummer without a word. I can't have an affair, Brian will kill me...and it's WRONG!..I'm married, he's married. I sat on the steps outside the shop thinking to myself.

“Hey, what are you doing out here?” Mick Mars growled down at me.

“What?”

“Are you out here because you have no home to go to?”

“No, Mick. I have a home.” I stood up brushing off my ass and fixing my dress.

“Oh yes, and the horrible husband I remember...So who's the other man?”

“What?”

“You know...the Sancho?...The guy on the side.”

“I am not having an affair Mick.” I snapped.

“Then explain the lipstick smudges all over your mouth and cheeks.” Fuck, are you serious! I grabbed the compact mirror from my bag then wiped it all away.

“I'll be waiting in you station.”

“Another tattoo?” I asked spreading a new layer of bright red lipstick onto my plump lips.

“No, just observing today.” That old man pisses me off sometimes...How does he find out about everything? First the baby and now the “affair”....
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's short.
Comment if you like please!!!