Worth Waiting For

The Secret's Out

Is Her Eggo Preggo?

Pap friends snapped a photo earlier today of Joe Jonas and Melissa Douglas out and about. Where were they coming from though? Why it was an OB/GYN office. Now… why would they be at an OB/GYN office together if Mr. Jonas is proclaiming to be a virgin until marriage? I don’t think it’s necessary for him to accompany her on a regular gyno appointment. Is something going on that we don’t know about?

“Joe!” I called from the bed. “You have to see this.”

“What is it?” he asked, rubbing his hair with a towel and sitting next to me on the bed. He was silent for a minute as he read it. “Uh-oh.”

“I guess now’s as good a time as any to explain the situation.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

“I guess so.” He said. “I have to finish getting ready… we have our interview with Ryan Seacrest today.”

“Oh perfect.” I said, rolling my eyes. “I guess they were right in [i[RENT’.”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“No day but today.” I said, quoting one of the songs. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

****

Hey everyone, welcome back. Ryan Seacrest here and I’m in the studio with the Jonas Brothers, Kevin, Joe, and Nick. How are you guys doing?” I heard Ryan ask.

I was sitting at my desk at the office, working on a layout for a new book Lauren and I were working on about Jesse McCartney and I had the radio tuned onto the boys’ interview. This is going to be interesting, I thought as I only half paid attention to what I was working on.

Well Ryan, to be honest, things couldn’t be better.” Nick answered.

Alright well, I have a few questions to ask.” Ryan said.

Shoot,” Joe said.

Okay, Kevin first. Is it true that you are dating well known biographer, Lauren Patterson?

Yes I am.” Kevin answered and I could just picture the smile on his face.

Is it true that you are engaged to Lauren Patterson?” Ryan asked, a heavy amount of interest in his voice.

Yes, it’s true. I, Kevin Jonas, am engaged to Lauren Patterson.” Kevin said.

I heard Lauren laugh from her cubicle and rolled my eyes and I also heard everyone else clap their hands for Lauren. She stood up and bowed. I wonder what will happen when they hear I’m pregnant and engaged…

Congratulations!” Ryan said. “Alright Joe, you’re next.

Joy…” Joe said sarcastically but I could tell he was smiling.

So, are you still dating photographer, Melissa Douglas?

Yes, Melissa and I are definitely still together.” Joe said.

Can you confirm for us that you and Melissa are engaged?” Ryan asked.

Yes I can.

Sorry ladies, two JoBros engaged… I’m not done with you yet Joe.” Ryan said.

I didn’t think so.” Joe said, and I could picture him reclining in his seat with his hands behind his head.

Alright, something that needs to be cleared up. Is Melissa pregnant?” Ryan asked. It was silent for a minute as Joe let a dramatic pause ensue. Then I heard him sigh into the mic.

Yes Ryan. Melissa is pregnant.” He answered. I heard almost everyone in the office gasp and all noise stopped .

So… if you don’t mind my asking, what made you decide to go against your promise that you have. Everyone knows that the three of you wear purity rings.” Ryan said.

Technically…” Joe said. “I didn’t break my promise. Melissa and I secretly wed about two months ago, right after our family returned from Australia. I guess you could say we eloped although our families knew.

So you found a loophole.” Ryan said laughing. “So, why the whole public proposal?

Well, when we found out Melissa was pregnant we knew we had to do something publicly because there would be all the speculation about me breaking my promise and everything so we wanted the truth out. There would have been questions regardless but I think this will make the media and the fans more comfortable.” Joe said.

Well said. Thank you Joe… now your turn Nick. Is there a special girl in your life?

Well there’s a couple. My Mom of course, and Melissa and Lauren, I can’t wait to actually call them my sisters, and then a couple close female friends.

Well I knew that of course.” Ryan said. I could tell he was frustrated. “But do you have a girlfriend or are you single?

I guess it all depends on how you look at it.” Nick said, and I could picture that smirk of his and I smiled. I heard Lauren laugh.

Is that all we’re going to get out of you?” Ryan asked, chuckling.

Yeah, that’s all you’re going to get.

Alright guys, thanks. We’ll be right back with the Jonas Brothers in a few but right now here’s The Veronica’s with Untouched.” Ryan said, starting the song.

“Excuse me, Melissa?”

“Yes?” I asked, turning around in the chair.

“Congratulations!” Michelle said, bending down and hugging me.

“Thank you,” I said, smiling at her.

“How far along are you?”

“About ten and a half weeks,” I said smiling.

“Aw, I can’t wait.”

“Me either.” I said.

“So, you and Joe got married?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I lied. “But don’t worry, Lauren, Kevin, Joe, and I will be having a double wedding and you and the rest of the office will be invited.”

“When will it be?” she asked excitedly.

“Before the baby comes. I’m not exactly sure when though.” I said, glancing at the calendar on my desk.

“Well, if you need any help with anything, let me know.” She said, smiling and walking next door to Lauren’s cubicle. Just then my phone rang and I reached over and answered it.
“This is Melissa,” I said, returning my attention to my computer screen.

Melissa, Mr. Herrmann would like to see you in his office right away.” Karen, Mr. Herrmann’s secretary said.

“I’ll be right there. Thank you Karen.” I said, hanging up. I walked to Mr. Herrmann’s office, past Karen’s desk and knocked on his door.

“Come in.” he called. I closed the door behind me and sat in front of him. “How are you doing today Melissa?”

“I’m fine,” I answered. “Thank you.”

“That’s good,” he said smiling at me. “So, I’d like to talk to you about what’s going to happen in a couple of months. Would you want to come back to work after you have the baby?”

“Of course,” I said, my eyes open wide. “Why wouldn’t I?”

“Most mothers tend to stay at home for a few years.”

“Well, I would like to stay home for a few months of course but I would definitely love to come back.” I answered.

“Alright,” he said smiling. “I want you to stop working in September and you can come back next May. Is that alright with you?”

“That sounds reasonable enough.” I said, nodding my head.

“Very well,” he said. “For now, I will just assign you and Lauren to interviews that will keep you in town. No more travelling until next year.” He said and I nodded my head. “That’s all.”

“Thank you.” I said, standing up. I walked over to the door and turned the handle.

“Oh and Melissa,” he said.

“Yes?” I asked, turning to face him.

“You better bring that baby around here on your days off.” He said smiling.

“Of course I will.” I said, smiling and walking out back to my cubicle.

“So what did Uncle Chris want?” Lauren asked. She was sitting in my chair and twisting her hair around her finger.

“We were discussing how long I will stay home after the baby is born.” I said.

“And what’s the verdict?”

“I have to stop working in September and I can come back next May.” I said, pulling her out of my chair.

“Wow, I’m not going to work with you for a whole eight months?” she asked. “Bummer.”

“You’ll manage.” I said laughing.

“You ready?” Lauren asked. It was nearing 5:30 and everyone else had left already.

“Yeah, let’s go.” I said, grabbing my purse.

We talked as we walked to the elevator and across the lobby. We said goodbye to the buildings receptionist and stepped outside into the cool air where we were met with flash after flash.

“How far along are you?”

“When’s the wedding?”

“What does Joe think of all this?”

“What about your parents?”

Question after question after question. It was an endless downpour as Lauren and I ignored them and shoved our way past to the car. Lauren pulled me close to her and kind of pushed the paparazzi out of my way.

“This is ridiculous!” she exclaimed once we were in the car. They surrounded us and she blared the horn and they still kept flashing. I put my sunglasses on and tried to ignore them.

“Lauren just go… please.” I begged as I buckled my seatbelt. She slowly backed up and they still weren’t moving so she hit the horn again. They still didn’t move. She opened her window a crack.

“Get the fuck out of my way or somebody is going to lose the feeling in their feet!” she shouted and closed the window again.

That got them to move but they didn’t stop flashing. I laughed as she sped away from them and maneuvered her way through the streets trying to lose any that might be on our tail. Finally she pulled into the driveway and we rushed inside and she slammed the door behind us.

“What’s wrong?” Kevin called from the kitchen.

“Meeting. Living room. Now!” Lauren fumed, storming her way in there. I calmly set my stuff down and waited for Joe to come down the stairs. He gave me a concerned look and kissed my forehead.

“What’s going on?” he asked quietly as we walked to the living room, our arms around each other.

“You’ll see.” I said. He sat down on the chair and pulled me onto his lap. Lauren was pacing in front of the fireplace and Kevin slowly sat down on the couch, shooting me a look.

“Babe, what’s wrong?” he asked calmly.

“Paparazzi!” she exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

“What about them?” Joe asked.

“They swamped us. We left work and there they were. Waiting for us. It was insane! They crowded around the car and I almost injured a few but then I yelled at them and they moved and I sped out of the parking lot and I took a long way home and that’s why we’re late and I’m scared for Mel especially when she gets bigger because this can’t go on like that because it could hurt her and the baby and oh my God I have to breathe.” She said.

“They what?!” Joe shouted.

“Yeah it’s true… I’m scared too. What if they don’t stop?” I asked, turning to look at Joe.

“I’m going to call Rob.” Kevin said, walking into the kitchen.

“Rob? Why?” Lauren asked.

“We need to get you guys a bodyguard.”

****

“Mel, Laur! Can you come down here please?” Kevin called up the stairs the next morning.

“One sec!” I called. I was finishing getting ready for work. I headed downstairs and sat next to Lauren on the couch. “What’s up Kev?”

“Joe, come in!” Kevin called towards the kitchen. Joe walked in followed by a cute blonde guy. He was dressed in black and had an earpiece in his left ear.

“Lauren, Lyss, this is Logan. He’s your bodyguard.” Joe said.

“Ladies,” Logan said, shaking our hands.

“Nice to meet you.” I said.

“Rob knows Logan from a few years back and he trusts him completely. We wouldn’t hire anyone that Rob didn’t trust to protect you two.” Joe said, leaning down and kissing me.

“Yeah don’t worry, Logan will take care of you.”

“What about when I start getting bigger?” I asked.

“No worries Melissa, everything will be under control. I went through very rigorous training.” He said. “Now, if you’re ready, the car is out front and waiting.”

“I’m ready,” Lauren said, shrugging her shoulders.

“Me too.” I said, standing up. I gave Joe a kiss.

“Be careful,” he whispered, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

“Ditto,” I said, kissing him again. I touched the palm of my hand to his cheek and followed Lauren and Logan out the door.

“Take good care of our girls Logan,” Joe said, standing in the doorway.

“I will sir. No worries.” Logan said, climbing into the car. “Alright ladies, buckle up. When we get to the office, let me open the doors for you. Walk close in front of me; I’ll try to keep them back.”

“You really think they’ll be there again?” Lauren asked.

“I think they’ll be there until this baby is born.” He said seriously.

“Great,” I groaned, looking out the window at the passing LA traffic. Guess that’s what happens when you’re about to marry one of the most famous rock stars on the planet….
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK! If you'd like to know what happened... just check out my profile. It's too long to type again.

So what do you think of my new chapter upon my return? Good? Bad? Amazing? Let me know? So just to recap:
~Kevin publically announced his and Lauren's engagement
~Joe publically announced his and Melissa's engagement and Melissa's pregnancy
~Melissa and Lauren (mainly Melissa) are now major targets for paparazzi so Logan is now in the picture...

What do you think of THAT????

It's so good to be back! =]

So, there's a Jonas Fanfiction Awards 2009. Great idea! It would be awesome to be nominated! =] If anyone nominates me for anything let me know! It would be greatly appreciated because I work so hard on my stories.