Where's My Happily Ever After?

I'm This Many!

"Where am I going to stay?" Manny asked as she skipped from the car. I smiled as she twirled lightly on her feet before stopping to wait for me.

"Well, you can either stay in my room—"

"Jade! Jade!" she cheered, grinning brilliantly.

"You are just too adorable!" I cooed, scooping her up into my arms and sitting her on my hip. I glanced back to Edwin, who was begrudgingly getting Monique's suitcase out of the trunk, and smiled lightly. He let his lips curve slightly into a small smile before walking up to me.

"So now we're sharing with a kid, too, huh?" he murmured, kissing my cheek and placing a hand behind my back as he guided me to the door.

"I'm not a kid, Daddy. I'm this many!" She held up seven of her fingers, her smile practically consuming her face. I grinned insanely as I looked to Edwin.

"Isn't she just too cute?" I exclaimed, kissing her forehead. She started squirming and I reluctantly set her down. "Don't go too far." She took off in a mad dash for upstairs after seizing her suitcase from Edwin.

"You're going to make a great mother," he whispered, pulling me into his arms.

"But there's hardly any space in the house. What are we going to do when we have the baby?" I whispered softly, standing on my tip-toes as I strained to see if I could catch a glimpse of Monique. I didn't want her getting hurt.

"I don't know. Quinn and Nathan might leave soon. They're having a kid, too, so who knows? And we do have a basement. It could easily be made into a bedroom. Monique can have our room and Lazarus can have Nate's."

"I'm still not sold on the name Lazarus," I muttered, giving up on trying to spot Manny. I leaned back on Edwin, tired.

"I know," he mumbled on the top of my head. "But I hate Alessandro. Logan sounds like a fag's name. Oh, and Noah: our kid is being born a damned thing, love, and I don't want to name a damned soul after a biblical figure." I sighed.

"Fine, but I'm calling him Lazy Lazarus!" I shouted, giggling. He groaned.

"We'll decide this later."

I opened my mouth to mock him, but a sudden bloodcurdling scream interrupted my thoughts. My eyes darted to the staircase just as Edwin's did. I was suddenly scooped into his arms as he raced me up the stairs.

How could I have let her out of my sight for even a second? I'd never forgive myself if Manny was hurt...