Where's My Happily Ever After?

Like An Abusive Boyfriend!

“Hurry up! Hurry up!” Quinn yelled, pushing me into the bathroom.

“I’m hurrying! I’m hurrying!” I mocked her, laughing as she rushed down the hallway. I did my eyeliner and makeup as quick and neatly as I could with a hyper girl harassing me. Quinn was literally bouncing off the walls.

“So it’s a beautiful baby boy!” she called out, twirling in the hallway with such grace that would make a professional ballerina envious to the point of tears.

“Yeah,” I replied softly, rubbing my tummy lightly. “My precious, gorgeous little man.”

“Less cooing, more hurrying! I can’t wait to go shopping! We haven’t done it in forever, Jade! It’s been way too long!”

“I know, I know! I’m going as fast as I can!” I added the finishing touch. “Done!”

“Then let’s go! I’m driving!” she told me, grabbing my hand and dragging me out the door.

“I’m with child for God’s sake! Slow down!” I whined, nearly killing myself trying to keep up with her.

“Just shut up and get in the car, woman!” she cried, going insane. I didn’t see why she was getting so worked up about this!

“Fine, be like an abusive boyfriend!” I yelled, sitting in the passenger seat and pouting.

“Damn straight!” she yelled, backing out of the driveway and driving like a maniac. I was holding on for my life.

Maybe I should get a sticker that says, “Baby on Board” and slap it on my car!

It didn’t take long at all the get to the mall, especially with Quinn behind the wheel. She dragged me in quickly and pushed me to the nearest baby store.

And let me just say that I will never go baby shopping with Quinn ever again!

I mean, anything that she saw was “Eww, that’s hideous! Don’t make Quinn Jr. wear that!” or “Oh dear lord, is it supposed to look like that?” I did end up getting a few things at least, but it wasn’t worth the fuss she made over it.

“You can thank me later,” Quinn told me, smiling absurdly as she carried the bags.

“You won’t ever be getting thanks for dragging me here!” I hissed, only partially joking. “That was as fun as sitting on a cactus with some little kid shoves his dirty socks down your throat!”

“Well, that’s just a whole bucket-load of fun right there!”

I glared at her, but started laughing. But when I looked back to where we were going, I wanted to die. Nathan was walking up to us and I recognized his friend. He looked different from when I last saw him. He looked paler and more tired than he ever had. He looked like he was the walking dead.

Edwin...