Where's My Happily Ever After?

Sleeping Beauty

Shut up, jackass!” Edwin hissed, pushing me forcefully aside.

I shrieked as I slammed into a wall. I grabbed the edge of the nightstand beside Quinn’s bed, trying to help myself up. Monique glanced over me with so much confusion in her young, naïve eyes.

“Daddy! Mommy’s hurt!” she cried, standing up and darting over to Edwin with Avery in her arms. She was giving him the saddest look I’m sure he had ever seen.

“Tell me again when I give a fuck,” Edwin hissed at her.

Monique’s eyes started watering and the waterworks started. She bawled, running to Jasper for comfort. He looked quite shocked, but wrapped his arms gently around her.

“It’s okay, sweetie,” he mumbled to her, stroking her hair.

“Don’t touch my daughter!” Edwin snarled, yanking Monique back. Jasper growled at him.

“You’re going to snap her neck!”

“Shut up!”

I forced myself to walk over to Monique and guide her to the door, begging her to go get something to eat and get Avery a bit of fresh air. She was a bit more than reluctant, but eventually left. I turned to the two disputing males, ready to bite their heads off.

“Jasper...?”

I jumped in my skin as I turned to my overly pale friend. Quinn had a weak look in her eyes and Nathaniel was already at her side, holding her hand in his and kissing it tenderly as he whispered “I love you” over and over again.

“Quinn!” Jasper’s eyes brightened and he darted away from his mindless fight with my fiancé. “How are you feeling?”

“Like shit,” she mumbled amusingly, laughing in the slightest way possible. Nathaniel was sitting quietly as the two talked, not getting possessive like Edwin always did.

Speaking of Edwin, he suddenly stormed over to me and jerked me into his arms, pulling my back to his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I love you.”

It sounded angrier than like he really meant it, but I repeated his words. I touched his face gently and smiled softly as he leaned towards my hand, but I focused entirely on Quinn and Jasper’s conversation.

“I’m so sorry, Jas. I haven’t seen you since... I am so, so sorry,” Quinn whispered, grasping my ex-fiancé’s hand. Her grip was shaky, and she wore an apologetic smile.

“It’s okay, Samantha, I promise.”

And she didn’t scream at him for calling her by her real name. Something was definitely up.

“No, it’s not. I just didn’t have any control... I didn’t mean to do that to you, and I’ll never forgive myself for damning you to this existence.”

“Quinn, I love being a vampire. It’s fine.”

Whoa, what happened now? I stared in shock at Quinn, who returned my gaze with an amused one.

“You turned my old fiancé into a vampire?” I gawked, staring at the man I had known in my human years. No wonder the years had been so kind to him!

“Yeah, I suppose I did.”

Just when you think you know a person he goes and loses his soul!