Sequel: Day By Day
Status: Being Rewritten

Darkness Surrounding

Child Protection Services

“Hey JaeLynn?” Ryan asked coming into my room. After our talk he had left me alone so I could think.
“Yeah?” I asked softly.
“I know you probably don’t want to, but we really need to talk. I have a lot of questions that I need answers to. Can you help me out?” He asked.
“Yeah.” I sighed. And so the questioning began.
“When was the first time your dad physically harmed you?” He asked looking into my eyes.
“A couple days after my mom died.” I admitted.
“And what exactly did he do?” He asked.
“He punched me in my face and then kicked me in my stomach.” I said.
“How often would he hurt you?” He asked.
“Whenever he could. Usually on a daily basis unless he was in a good mood.” I said.
“When was the last time he hurt you before today?” He asked.
“The day before you came.” I said softly.
“ Have you ever been diagnosed with depression?” He asked. I shook my head no.
“Have you ever had suicidal thoughts?” He asked. I hesitated at first.
“Be honest.” He said softly.
“Y-yes.” I stuttered.
“Have you ever dealt with self-harm?” He asked. I couldn’t bear to look at him. The truth was yes, and I still do. But I didn’t have the guts to admit it.
“No.” I said looking away. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.
“Ok, I’m not sure that I believe you but I’m going to let it go for right now. You’ve been through a lot today. But we still have to talk about that.” He said. I sighed in relief and nodded my head.

Ryan’s POV
“Santa Barbara Police Department, how may I help you?” A lady answered the phone.
“Hi my name is Ryan Buell, I’m the director of The Paranormal Research Society. For the past week my team and I have been working on a case in Santa Barbara and through the case we found out that a child is getting abused.” I said.
“Is the child currently in danger?” The woman asked.
“Yes.” I said.
“Alright well first we need to file a report. Then Child Protection Services will be contacted. As soon as CPS is contacted, a police officer and a case worker from Child Protection Services will come to the child’s home. The child and parent suspected will be questioned. After that, if there is no evidence of abuse the case will be closed.” She said.
“And if there is evidence?” I asked, scared of what might be the answer.
“The child will be taken into custody by CPS. If there are any relatives willing to take her in then she can stay with them, if not she will go into Foster Care.” She said. There was no way I was going to let her go through that.
“What if the child has no living relatives? Can a family friend take her in?” I asked.
“If the CPS approves of it, then yes.” She said. I gave her JaeLynn’s address and name. She said the police would be here shortly. She also told me to have JaeLynn pack a bag just in case she had to leave today. I wasn’t sure how to tell JaeLynn this, I just knew I had to.
“Hey.” I said walking into her oom.
“Hi.” She said.
“I contacted the police. They’ll be here with Child Protection Services soon. You should pack a bag in case you have to go with them.” I said softly. She bowed her head and softly said ok. I could tell she was scared.
“It’s going to be ok, I promise.” I said pulling her into my arms. I held her as she cried until we heard the doorbell ring. We both got up and walked to the door together.
“I’m with the Santa Barbara Police Department, we got a call about a possible abuse case.” The officer said stepping inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about the lack of updates! Ive just had alot going on. Sadly the sory is coming to an end, but now worries! There will be a sequel! :)