Status: Active

Road Trip

Atlantic City, New Jersey, 7.28pm, June 2nd

Max and I had ended up deciding to sleep in the car with the hood over our heads, despite how humid it got in there. We crashed 'til about 7, then found some fast food restaurant to grab a bite to eat and get changed in the bathroom. Max managed to spill ketchup that had spurted from his burger, all down the black tank top he’d just put on, leaving a greasy stain bang in the middle of his chest.

“Haha, Fail!” I pointed and laughed, only for the cheese to fall out my burger onto the black shorts I’d just changed into. Max raised his eyebrows at me expectantly, as I picked it up, placing it back in my burger bun. I stayed silent as Max took another bite.

“So where we going tonight?” Max asked, his mouth full of burger.

“Well, I spotted a bar on the beach front called ‘The Paradise Room’ which looks interesting,” I started “We could check it out,”

“Cool, was that the one with the palm trees?” Max asked. I nodded as I chewed on the oddly great tasting processed meat, leaving my tongue dry. I took a sip of my Coca-cola, the ice cold liquid refreshing my mouth.

Finishing our food, we chucked our leftovers that Max hadn’t gobbled into the trash and stopped at a big wall mirror that ran along the side of the stairs leading down to the rest of the restaurant, of course, to check our hair. My dark hair fluffed and spiked atop my head, yet the ends fell onto my face, framing it. Max ruffled his brown mane, not really caring that it puffed out in odd directions. He was past caring about his hair, unlike me.

I glanced out the window, seeing the sun waving goodbye behind the looming, high-rise white buildings, signifying that nightfall, was finally upon us. Excitement jolted my heart into overdrive, adrenaline pumping through my body.

Tonight, I was going to get what I came for.

“Come on, Green, let’s paint the town black,” I grabbed his wrist, dragging him away from adjusting his little silver lip rings that hung on his bottom lip, out the front door of the restaurant leaving the smell of chip fat behind, rushing into the cool evening air.

It was Friday night, the smell of barbeque and sun cream hung in the air from the middle of the day. The atmosphere was electric, and the voltage was still on the increase as the tourists, and families slowly disappeared, and the girls came out to play...

--------

The Paradise Room, Atlantic City, 8:43pm

The Paradise Room really lived up to it’s name.

As soon as Max and I walked in, we were stricken by eye-catching greens, blues and pinks that the walls were gracefully splashed with. Dimmed lights shone down on the central focus of the club, being the dance floor, while palm leaves, coconuts and slabs of jagged wood decorated the brightly coloured walls. On the left of the main double doors was the bar, sleek, wooden and painted black in it’s certain glory, worshipped by everyone in the room. Pink lights shone down on the male bartender, who wore a black t-shirt with the club’s logo glowing in the pink light plastered across the front.

They used black and white plastic wine-style glasses to serve their beverages in, to match the white bar stools.

Scattered around the room were black and white pod chairs, and black wooden coffee tables to match the bar, graced by groups of beautiful tanned women, crossing their sleek legs, chatting with their friends. The room bounced with the music, the dance-floor filled with bodies pressed close, moving in time with the on going beat.

It all looked amazingly sophisticated, I felt compelled never to leave. And not to mention the variety of hot women, strutting in their heels everywhere you looked. I glanced at Max, who stared in awe at a certain group of girls who sat in a little cluster within a few black, shiny leather pod chairs.

“Spotted someone already?” I called to Max over the music. Max tore his eyes from the cluster of women, coming closer to me.

“See her there?” Max shouted, pointing over to a fairly pale, dark haired girl who wore black-rimmed glasses, giggling at one of her friends standing up on their table and dancing. I nodded.

“How hot is she?” Max enthused, watching her as she applauded her friend, smiling and laughing, showing off a perfect set of perfectly lined teeth. She wore a simple orange tank top, fairly low cut but not so much she showed too much, and a light blue denim skirt, cut just above the knee, with strappy black kitten heels. She had a structured face, her cheek bones becoming apparent as she smiled. She was extremely cute, her glasses really framed her eyes as they lit up when she laughed. Max loved girls who 1) Wore glasses and 2) Smiled a lot.

“She’s way cute,” I shouted back, giving him Craigifer’s seal of approval. Max kept watching her, and my heat jumped for him when she looked up at us, catching Max’s gaze.

“Dude! She’s looking over!” Max panicked, turning away.

“I know, dumbass!” I hissed, shoving him back around to face her, as now she stood watching us back, sipping her drink from a white cup through a bright green straw. She didn’t take her eyes off Max, her eyes glittering, as Max suddenly began fretting about his hair. He hardly ever got nervous around girls, unless they really meant something to him. Or they ticked all his boxes for appearance.

“Now Snap out of it, she’s clearly interested now go, make your advance!” I hissed in his ear, catching sight of her giggling out the corner of my eye as I shoved him toward her.

I watched as he began to walk toward her, hands shoved in the pockets of his beige cargo shorts casually. The girl consulted her friends for approval of Max, and it seemed they did, as the one Max was after began jumping up and down giggling.

As soon as Max got to her, her friends tottered off to the bar, leaving them alone. I watched as they chatted a while, and he took her to the dance floor after a little deliberation. I decided to stop watching from there, and find myself a girl before Max got laid first.

On arrival of the bar, I inspected the little card menu with the cocktails displayed over it. Seeing that the first cocktail contained Jägermeister, pineapple juice and a dash of lemon, had me immediately attracted, so as soon as I got the bartender’s attention, I ordered one, perching myself on a white stool behind me.

“This one’s a good one,” The bartender said, setting my orange fading to yellow cocktail, contained in a white cup down in front of me.

“I believe in Jägermeister,” I grinned, toasting to the bartender and taking a sip, the Jäger’s strong sweet taste making my mouth water. I swivelled my stool to face the dance floor, scanning it for someone interesting. I spotted Max and his girl on the edge, already on the touchy-feely stage, as she danced with her hands on his chest and his hands on her waist. I applauded him in my head, happy for him and continued my scanning.

And that was when I saw her.

She danced like the most expensive stripper you could ever hire, she moved and purred like a tiger looking for prey. Her short, beige dress flailed around her toned, brown thighs that were screaming to be spread. And she was looking right at me, her eyes fluttering. She was the dancer on the dance floor to me, and I recognised her as Max’s girl’s friend who was dancing on the table. In her hand she held a black cup, sucking her drink through a pink straw. She wore a short lime green and beige dress, a white sash slung loosely around her incredibly sexy hips.

I didn’t mean to gawp at her, but I did. Her long, light brown wavy hair cascaded from her scalp, falling down past her shoulders, down her back to just above her waist. She began to strut toward me, commanding my undivided attention, which of course she caught easily. As she reached me, I closed my mouth and sipped my drink, plucking up the courage to say something to create a good first impression. Now I know why Max was nervous.

She spoke before I could muster any courage. “Oh dear, I’m afraid my glass is empty,” She shook her empty wine cup in front of me. Her lips, I noticed, gleamed with cherry coloured lip gloss, and her eyes were framed with gold glitter, spread about her brown eyes. “Care to refill me?”

I kicked the nervousness in the butt, and leaned in to her.

“Anything for you, sugar,” I whispered, wondering where the hell this courage was coming from. Lust hung in the air between us, chemicals bubbling inside our stomachs as I leaned away from her, staring into her eyes. She dropped her façade and her mouth opened slightly, establishing a connection as she stared back at me. I smiled, turning around to the bar as she moved to stand next to me. I passed her the menu.

“And you would like?” I asked, placing my hand on her hip.

“Jägerbomb, please,” She breathed, noticing my hand on her hip. I caught the attention of the bartender, and he served her a white cup of bright pink liquid, complete with a pink straw. She smiled, with gratitude at me as I passed the bartender a small wad of dollars.

I turned to her, watching her sip her Jägerbomb.

“So, I’d like to know your name,” I said, caressing her hipbone with my thumb.

“Jasmine, Jasmine Garret” She said, smiling, dimples setting into her cheeks. “Yours, darling?” My heart skipped a beat. Nobody had called me darling in a long time, Max not included.

“Craig Mabbitt,” I shook her hand formally, taking a gulp of my drink. This stuff truly worked in terms of courage.

“Gorgeous name for a gorgeous man,” She giggled, raising her hand to my head, caressing my hair. I stood up, setting my drink down on the bar with hers. I placed my hands on her hips again, causing her to stare at me with lust-stricken eyes.

“Dance with me?” I asked.

“Of course,” She smiled, as I lead the way to the dance floor. I passed Max, who was still dancing with the girl he’d picked up.

“Just excuse me one second,” I said, as I caught Max’s eye. “Let me just see my friend.” I patted her hip, and opted for Max.

“Hey Max, how’s it going?” I asked, as he moved his eye’s from the girl’s.

“Craig!” He said, man hugging me. This girl had him good. “May I introduce you to the lovely Holly Williams,” He presented Holly to me, and she smiled and waved. I felt Jasmine join me at my side.

“Holly! It seems you got what you came for,” She giggled, making Holly giggle. I glanced at both of the girls, then Max, who seemed just as happy as I am. We’d both got what we came for, I knew that.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Paradise Room <--Or something Similar to it, it's not exactly how I described it but it was a decent enough picture that I found. The club, otherwise is a figment of my imagination. Apart from the name, which I took from a book I'm reading at the moment.

Black Wine Glasses <--I love these.

Black Pod Chair <-- I want one

Holly<-- Yes Holly, Raegan Ivory, It is you. I told you you'd love this chapter xD Yet, I'm sorry If you didn't like the picture I've linked to, I like that one though ^-^ And the description of you, I'm sorry if it's not completely correct, but there was no way of correcting it really without asking you, and I wanted it to be a surprise :)

Jasmine<-- New girl on the scene! Jasmine and Craig, good, No?

The guy's clothes

Hope you all liked that ^-^ I certainly enjoyed writing it. It's a beginning of an era for Max and Craig...
Next chapter hopefully coming sometime after May 8th, which is when I leave school forever! Giving me more time to write.

This chapter is dedicated to Kitty Pool of Hell, another dedicated reader and Escape the fate fan ^-^
xxxxx

PS. May updates are beginning to slow for another reason-because my brother decided it would be a good idea to break the laptop, the hard drive with it, so I've lost a lot of the planning I did for this story. And it's hard for me to get onto the family computer to type things up, since I used to do it on the laptop and the family computer is usually hogged by my mother. So yeah, just in case you were wondering ^-^