Sequel: Our Next Move
Status: completed :D

We Were Both Young When I First Saw You

Why So Silent

*last line of the last chapter to make sure you know where Ashlyn is*
As soon as I opened the door and walked in, daddy said, "sit down Ashlyn, there is something I need to talk to you about."


Like I said before, normally when Daddy calls me into his ofice, it is to talk about something either serious or important. Today was no different, but the only difference this time was, I had no earthly idea what we were going to talk about (although there was this small feeling in the back of my mind that it would be about Matt).

Once I sat down and crossed my les, he started to speak. "As you know Ashlyn, you are not only my only child but my only daughter, too. Ever since you the day you were born and were brought to me in your pink blanket, you have had me wrapped around your little finger."

I couldn't help but blush and start to tear up, Daddy usually does not like to show emotion. "So, it should not suprise you to know that I am very protective of you. Secretly, since you turned 15, some of your male classmates and even some older boys have contacted me asking for permission to date you."

I was shocked, to say the least! I thought that no one was interested in me until Matt! I even had a crush on a couple of boys but after they stopped showing interest, I gave up, like Daniel Volturi, in my fresman year. He was a Junior and he showed all the signs that he liked me, then one day, he stopped. Daddy continued, "I would invite them over here when you had ballet and gave them an application,as he handed me th application and and asked them, once they were finished to mail it back to me.

I could feel my hear and jaw drop, I could not believe it, after all of these years, I thought that no body liked me. Once I got over the shock of that, I had to ask,

"What happened after they mailed them back?"

"Well, I read each and every one of them but after careful consideration, I decided that they were not good enough for you."

I did not know what to say to that. I was torn between saying,

"thank you Daddy" and

"what the heck, I though I could decide what was best for me!".

Daddy interrupted my thoughts and spoke again.

"I want you to know that after you and the boys got back from the beach, I had an idea that Matt might like you, call it 'Father's Intuition' so I gave him an application."

I could have hugged him right then, but then I remembered that just because Matt had an application did not mean that A) he completed it in a week or B) Daddy had approved it already.

Daddy looked at me, saw my face and my butt on the edge of my seat and smiled.

"Matt dropped off his application this morning, I just wanted to let you know that I will be spending a while looking over his application. Do not worry, I do this with all the applicants. He also will have time to look over those rules."

Great, now I have to wait another week (or more!) to wait for that date with Matt! Let's hope Daddy finishes reviewing the application soon, I really want to go out with him!
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I promised the date would be soon, but remember since Ashlyn's dad is over protective, he has to get to know Matt before he trusts him to take his daughter out on a date. I pinky promise the date will be in the next chapter!

Links!
Application to Date My Daughter
Rules for Dating My Daughter