Blood Bond

Through Vampire Eyes

Daryl's P.O.V.

"No! Baby, please!" I cried so loudly that it hurt even my own ears. I stared into her eyes, begging her to fight it, but she gave up and fell limp in my arms. "Tonia! Wake up!" It was no use for she was out cold. What if she never awoke?

I sprinted out the door carrying my unconscious love across the hall. I knew she wouldn't like the room, but this was important. I pushed one of the doctors out of the way and onto the floor; all that mattered was Tonia being alright.

"Get up, you insolent man!" I yelled in a fit of rage. All the pent up frustration was coming out. "What is wrong with my Tonia? Well!"

The man stumbled over, petrified. He looked at her and began asking twenty questions.

"I'm not sure why! She was just having a dizzy spell and then it got bad! She was burning up! Vampires are cold, yet she felt hotter than a human on his worst day! Like a werewolf!"

I hadn't realized half the things I was saying. It was like a punch in the gut. Was she really that bad off? I looked anxiously at her sleeping form.

"It may just be the babies, my lord. When is she expecting?" That was an easy one. I had been keeping track of course.

"2 months."

"Hmm…then she shouldn't be at this phase yet." He cast a glance at her and I let out a low growl. I was so territorial obviously, but I didn't want him looking at my mate like that. Was that so bad? He tore his look from her and looked to me.

"Yes?"

"We might have to do this now."

"What do you mean? She had two months left to go!" This wasn't happening.

"It will only get worse. It may even end up killing her." I froze in horror. I couldn't let her die! I would rather the children lose their lives than her… She was my everything. I resented the unborn fledglings for a second before feeling so guilty.

"Are you positive? How premature will they be?"

"It could be worse," he shrugged. I fought the urge to strangle him. He was so nonchalant about this whole thing.

"My children could die and you think it could be worse?" I reached out and pulled him up by the collar. He struggled feebly.

"I just mean I'm sure they will all be fine! Two months isn't so significant if they're full fledglings, milord!" I dropped him.

"One of them dies and it will be the end of you," I muttered to him, icily glaring into his soul. He gulped but nodded.

"Sir, I think I know why they're ready already: your bloodline. A lot of premature fledglings were born in your family. They just developed faster than normal. You and your brothers were no exception. You three were about three months early. Don't stress over this too much. I'm sure you'll be holding every one of your children by sunrise tomorrow. If not earlier."

I heard Tonia groan and the man nodded, walking out. How would I tell her this?

"Darry?" she called out weakly in her angel voice. She sounded so soft and fragile. I ran to her side, grabbing her soft hand. "It hurts."

The pain was obvious in her eyes.

And that decided it.