This Picturesque Life

He Never Made It Through A Day Of School

Eric walked into the old school building with sweaty palms and his heart beating out of control; it was beating so loud he could hear it echoing in his ears, and was convinced that everyone he passed could hear it too. He quickly made it through the crowded hallway and found his locker, grateful that no one was nearby. Once he got his books and threw his things into the light blue metal contraption he went up the closest set of stairs and headed towards the school’s library.

He grinned to himself as he entered the room; while his heart skipped a beat. Sitting at her regular table was the red headed girl he’d known his whole life; surrounded by enough books to keep her occupied in her first period spare. It was something he loved about her; that even with a free period in the morning she’d still come to school bright and early. She never slept in because in her eyes, she could be doing something productive with her time instead.

He sat down across from her, his books ungracefully hitting the table top as he did so. With a start she sat up straight and pulled her headphones out of her ears; hitting the pause button on her iPod.

“Eric you startled me,” She breathed placing her hand over her heart.

“Sorry,” He smiled sheepishly, wiping his hands off on the denim of his jeans once more.

She tilted her head to the side, as her green eyes studied him for a moment, “Are you alright?” She questioned softly.

He nodded his head quickly, “Yeah of course I am, why you ask Liv?” He coughed nervously.

“You’re acting strangely,” She mumbled worriedly as she stared at her boyfriend.

“No I’m not,” He protested, his voice cracking as he did so.

She raised one eyebrow and gave him a serious look, “Eric, don’t lie to me,” She stated her voice empty of all emotions.

He sighed dejectedly, nodding his head slightly, “You’re right, I’m sorry. Nothing is wrong, I’m just anxious and before you ask ‘about what’ I just want you to know that I was planning on asking you this at lunch, so I could use my spare to get you flowers or something,” He started, rambling away out of pure nerves.

“What?” Olivia asked, light humour in her voice at the sight of her boyfriend.

“Will you go with me to prom?” He blurted quickly. So quickly in fact that Olivia didn’t quiet hear him.

“I’m sorry what was that?”

“Prom,” He breathed, “Will you go with me?” He asked once more.

Giggling Olivia nodded her head quickly in response, “Of course I will,” She agreed, “But I kind of figured we’d be going together anyways,” She mused lightly.

“You, you did?” He stuttered slightly.

“Well of course, I mean you are my boyfriend after all,” She pointed out. He felt his face heat up as he realised how silly he had been getting worked up over nothing really. “It was cute of you to be so nervous,” Olivia informed him, leaning over to place a quick kiss upon his cheek.

He grinned goofily over at her, “So I don’t suppose you’d want those flowers anymore,” He teased.

She paused as she mulled over the thought before scrunching up her nose and shaking her head, “Nah, not really. But if you were to go on a chocolate run I wouldn’t object,” She winked playfully.

“As you wish my lady,” Eric bowed dramatically, causing her to burst into giggles. The librarian looked up from her book and glared at the two teenagers as she shushed them.

Clapping a hand over her mouth in an attempt to stifle her laughs, Olivia stared at her boyfriend who had taken much pride in her seemingly endless laughter. Much to his dismay though, the bell rang shortly after. With a groan in displeasure Eric stood from his seat and slid his books to the edge of the table.

“I shall see you at lunch then, and I’ll have some sweets for my sweet princess,” He grinned, not really caring how corny he sounded.

“You don’t have to,” She blushed softly as she stood up herself.

“But I want to,” He stated firmly before pressing his lips to hers, “Because I love you,” He told her boldly.

She smiled up at him and pressed another quick kiss to his lips, “I love you too.”

With that he quickly left the library heading to his first period class; with that feeling in his chest that screamed something good was going to happen soon, and oh how right that feeling was.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE NEXT AND LAST UPDATE WILL BE DONE ON FRIDAY!! ERIC HALVORSEN'S BIRTHDAY!!

So make sure you comment like crazy people =)

also, in the author's note on the last one I'll have a list of stories that you'll all love, and they will make my story look like chop liver haha

And LASTLY!
I have a... contest if you will. It won't start till the last update, but the first person to name the songs for each chapter, in order (of course) will get a one shot about anyone they fancy =D