‹ Prequel: Worth Waiting For

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Nice Meeting You

November 2030
Lexi’s 3rd year of college
Lexi: Age 20
Jake: Age 14
Joe: Age 41


In the middle of my first semester of freshman year, I decided I wanted to be a drama major. Izzy and I had a great freshman year together as roommates. We became best friends basically. We still room together now.

I never got back together with Ricky. He’s my best guy friend however. He has a new girlfriend and she’s the sweetest thing. I met her over the summer when she visited him at Stars Hollow. As for me… I still haven’t found anyone new. I dated a few times but, it didn’t work out.

After my last class I headed off to the café to meet Izzy like every week. Newspaper in hand I sat on one of the couches and sipped on my mocha frappuchino. Not as good as Starbucks if you ask me but it works.

“Excuse me.”

I looked up to see a guy standing in front of me. A really good looking guy. He had these electric blue eyes and short dirty blonde hair.

“Um, hi.” I said, folding my newspaper over a bit.

“I’m Bryan,” he said, sticking his hand out and I smiled.

“Lexi.” I said. “So… how can I help you?”

“Well, I noticed you’re reading The New York Times and it’s the last copy in here. It’s the newspaper I read and I was wondering if I could read some of it.”

“Yeah sure.” I said, handing him the first section of the paper. I expected him to go sit somewhere else but to my surprise he sat next to me on the couch. I turned to him with an amused smile.

“Oh, you don’t mind do you?” he asked

“No, not at all.” I said laughing.

We sat, reading our shared paper in silence for awhile. I kept checking my watch impatiently. Izzy still hadn’t shown up. I sighed and folded up the rest of my paper and pulled out my phone.

“Waiting for someone?” Bryan asked.

“What? Oh… yeah.”

“Boyfriend?”

“Ha, no. I don’t have a boyfriend. My roommate is supposed to meet me here… just like every week. She’s fifteen minutes late and she hasn’t left me a message.”

“Well how very inconsiderate.” He said in a mocking tone and I rolled my eyes. “I shall keep you company until she arrives.”

“No, you don’t have to do that.”

“I have nothing else to do. Besides, I consider it rude to leave a beautiful woman sitting alone.”

I blushed and went back to the newspaper. I gave up on Izzy and spent some time talking to Bryan. He lives not too far from Buffalo. He’s a journalism major. Twenty one, tall… gorgeous. Our conversation flowed so smoothly. Before I knew it, it was five o’clock. Four hours we had been sitting here and talking.

“Oh my gosh.” I said, standing up. “I have to go.”

“What, your carriage going to turn into a pumpkin if you don’t get back?”

“No.” I said, rolling my eyes. “I have to double check a paper before e-mailing it to my professor and it’s due at seven thirty.”

“Oh well then. You should go.”

“It was nice meeting you.”

“We should do this again.” He said, standing up and I smiled.

“Yeah… that would be cool.”

“How about Monday. Same time?”

“Yeah alright. Izzy might be here if she doesn’t stand me up again.”

“Cool. Have a nice weekend Lexi.” He said with a smile.

“Thanks. Bye.” I said, giving him a slight wave before walking out the doors.

The air outside was crisp and I couldn’t help but smile as I walked to my dorm building. My cell phone buzzed in my pocket. It’s about time Izzy called me. I pulled it out and was surprised to see that I was wrong.

“Hey Dad.” I answered.

Hey Lexi. How are things?” he asked and I could hear noise in the background. He was probably cooking dinner.

“Really good.” I said, the smile never leaving my face.

You sound happy.

“I am happy Daddy.” I replied and he sighed.

What’s his name?” he asked in a bored voice.

“Who him? Who mentioned a him? I didn’t mention a him.”

Alexandra…” he said warningly and I sighed, rolling my eyes at my father.

“Fine. His name’s Bryan. He’s twenty-one. Really cute, sweet, and he’s a journalism major.”

So when do I meet him?

“Dad I just met him.”

Well are you seeing him again?

“You sound like Aunt Lauren.” I said laughing. I ignored his scoff and answered his question. “We’re supposedly meeting again on Monday. If he doesn’t stand me up that is.”

Now why would he stand you up? You’re smart, beautiful, fun to be with, a good listener…

“Dad! I don’t need you to list off things. If he wants to see me again he’ll show up. I’ll let you know Monday night.”

Alright. So you’re all set to come home next week?

“Yes Dad. I already have my bag packed. How’s my baby?”

Lucky’s doing perfectly fine for an almost fifteen year old dog.

“And what about Jake?”

Your brother… has got himself a girlfriend.

“Wow! Little Jakey? Oh he’s going to get so much crap from me when I get home.” I said laughing.

Be nice.” Dad warned.

“Chill Dad. So when’s the family coming up?”

Different times during the week. Mom and Dad first. Your grandmother said she’s not going to come out.

“Is she alright?”

She said she’s fine. Just not feeling up to the long trip.

“Alright. Let me guess. Gran and Gramp are coming up Sunday. Uncle Kevin, Aunt Lauren, and the kids are coming up on… Tuesday. Uncle Nick, Aunt Lana, and the kids on Wednesday. Uncle Frankie and Aunt Carly and her baby bump are going to arrive either a little before or a little after I do on Thursday.”

That’s my girl.” He said laughing.

“I’m pro. Alright, I’ll let you finish cooking. I can smell something burning from here.”

Hey! I got it out of the oven before it caught fire this time.

“Oh geez. Alright, seriously. Bye Dad. Love you.”

Love you too, Ally-Baby. Bye.” He said.

I closed my phone and pulled out my key card to get into my building. Once inside I brushed off the few snowflakes that had settled onto my coat and pulled my gloves off. I climbed the stairs to the third floor. When I opened the door, there was Izzy, curled up on the couch with a bag of popcorn, watching a movie.

“Way to show up, love.” I joked, hanging my scarf on the hook by the door.

“What?” she asked, furrowing her brows and looking up at me.

“Hello. What day is it?”

“Oh shit! It’s Friday isn’t it?”

“Yes my dear, it’s Friday. And since you didn’t show up…”

“You had to sit alone.” She said, putting her hand on my arm.

“If you’d let me finish.” I said laughing. “I did not sit alone. I met a guy. His name’s Bryan. And he wants to meet there again on Monday.”

“Oh my God! You’re going right?”

“Well I told him you’d be there too if you didn’t stand me up again.” I said, shoving her shoulder lightly.

“Well I won’t stand you up but I won’t be there. Maybe I’ll stop in and say I have to go just so I can see him but I’m not crashing this date.”

“It’s not a date.”

“Who set it up?”

“He did.” I said slowly.

“It’s a date.”

“It is not a date.”

“Whatever you wish to believe my dear Alexandra.” She said, standing up and walking to the fridge.

No… it’s not a date. Is it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha for some reason that chapter took me forever to write.

So... Bryan sounds cute doesn't he?? I like him XD What about you guys?

Only 5 comments away from the 100th comment! Who's gonna get it? Oh boy... I know Aly wants it. A lot. Emma might want it too... uh-oh.

Who wants to enter a Jonas Song-Fic Contest?????
Enter here! :D I'm excited for this contest but I need more people to enter!

Thank you so much for reading everyone! Like... seriously. I can't believe how many people have followed this from the start in IARCRWO and I can't believe the end is coming near. But sadly, everything must come to an end eventually. I'm thinking... two or three more chapters plus an epilogue. Wow. Ok I'm done depressing myself and all you lovelies.

C/R/S

~Steph <3