Baby, I Think I Love You

I Smell Man-***!

As far as dates go, it was the best I’d had in months. And that’s not just because Jasper hadn’t taken me out on a date in well over a year. Edwin was just as sweet as I‘d remembered him. He always said the right thing, made sure I was laughing when we weren’t kissing and never took his eyes off of me. The perfect gentleman had nothing on my little Eddy.

But I suppose all good things do come to an end. It was one in the morning, and we were standing on my porch, just holding hands as we stood quietly. I didn’t want him to go, and I’m sure he didn’t want to go either. But Jasper was going to be home soon...

“Well, I would like to take the time to thank you for the quickie in the car. That was nice,” Edwin joked, breaking the silence.

“It was fun for me, too,” I told him, giggling. “I’m going to miss you.” He smiled gently, kissing me quickly.

“Baby, I’ve waited this long for you. I think I can wait a few more nights to see you again. But I’m going to miss you, too. How about whenever Jasper has to work late, you and I can do something? That sound good?” he whispered, holding me close. I kissed his cheek.

“I’d like that. As much as I hate to say it, you’d better go. I don’t want you to, but... I don’t think Jasper would think you’re so innocent.” He pulled back to look at me before kissing me again.

“Alright. Well, I love you,” he mumbled, slowly releasing me as he backed down the steps.

“I love you, too. Drive safe,” I begged, watching as he pulled out of the driveway. He was gone in seconds, so I stepped back into the house.

“Just where have you been?” Monique demanded, tapping her foot impatiently.

“I was out with Quinn and Emma, a high school friend of mine. We just need Cameron and Andy and we’ll be back together again!” I smiled, lying through my teeth as I threw my jacket to the floor. She growled at me suddenly.

“Then why do I smell Edwin?” she hissed, glowering.

“He might have showed up. So what?” I grumbled. “Just go to bed, okay?”

I practically skipped to the bedroom. I hadn’t felt so great in so long. But why was it that Edwin and Jasper were only so nice to me when they’d lost me? Edwin was a royal ass when we were together, and now Jasper hardly paid any mind to me at all! I groaned, but decided to throw that out the window. What was important was that everything was great, and Eddy was my little Eddy again. What could possibly go wrong?

She what?

Okay, so a whole lot could go wrong. Like my terrible daughter had decided to squeal on me to Jasper!

I groaned, pulling the pillow over my face. Maybe I could pretend to be asleep.

“What the fuck is your deal?” he demanded, nearly throwing the door off its hinges. “Get up!”

Okay, so maybe I couldn’t.