Status: In a working progress

For the first time

There's nothing to be afraid of

9 holes and tons of balls later, the group went back to the country club to eat some lunch.

“Remember how Joe’s ball went into the pond,” Kevin joked as they were laughing about their game heading inside.

“Hey! That was the wind’s fault,” He whined.

“Kristen! Jordan!” her grandfather’s voice filled her ears, and she looked up to see him standing their smile plastered on his face.

“GRANDPA!” She ran over to him engaging him in a hug.

“How are you?”

“I’m great. What about you and Grandma?”

“Oh, we’re fine. Your grandmother is teaching an art class somewhere in the town,” He
smiled looking behind me, “Oh and who do we have here,”

“Well grandpa these are Kevin, Joe, and Nick Jonas,” She pointed out, “Some friends,”

“Friends?” He gave a questioning look.

She nodded looking at Nick, “Yeah, friends,”

“Okay then. Are you getting some lunch?”

“If that’s okay with you Gramps,” Jordan eyed.

“Yes, actually Sophie there is someone I want you to meet” He replied and dragged her
away as the boys followed them slowly making conversation.

“So are you two going out?” Kevin asked.

“No,” Nick replied.

“Then why were you all love struck after your movie last night?” Joe questioned.

“It was a good movie,” Nick shrugged.

“She likes you dude,” Jordan mumbled to him which made his eyes light up a bit more.
That was the last word said before they entered back into the country club and saw Sophie standing with her grandfather and another boy about Nick’s age.

She looked up at us with eyes that were glazed over, the look a person gets when they
secretly yawn.This made Nick a little more secure as they made their way over to an empty table.

Sophie wasn’t completely shocked that her grandfather tried to introduce here to his friends grandson, but she didn’t think it would happen now when she had guests, let alone Nick.
This was the most fun she had in years and it was because of Nick. Everything about him was special in her head, from the way he dressed to the way he talked to her. She was in her own world with him, especially when she saw him being himself, sweet, kind, and polite.

“…And so I think a lawyer would suit me well,” The guy who had tried showing off to Sophie’s grandfather and her finished speaking with a smile.

“Sophie,” Her grandfather took her out of her thoughts.

“Yes,” Her head jerked.

“Don’t you think Lawrence would make a great lawyer? You know Sophie here is pretty good
at Mock trial,”

“Really?” The young man smiled.

“Definitely,” her grandfather answered while Sophie tried to hide another yawn.

“Excuse me grandfather,” Jordan came to my rescue, “But I’m suppose to take Sophie to do
something for the upcoming school year and I’m afraid that we won’t make it in time if we wait any longer,”

“Oh? Well I’ll get Lawrence’s contact information and then pass it to your mother later,”
Grandfather smiled, “Otherwise, it was good seeing both of you again,” Giving each of them a hug.

“I loved the clubs,” She said while her hug.

“I knew you would,” He stated letting her go.

“Goodbye Grandpa,” and with that they went their separate ways.

Once in the car the kids turned on the radio and started to turn their clothing into a trendier look.

“What’s next on the agenda?” She wondered.

“Do you want to eat?” Nick asked.

“Sure, but didn’t you guys,” Before she finished she was cut off by Joe.

“NO! Jordan wouldn’t let us,”

“Awe you poor things,” She laughed sympathetically. Making them laugh also.

“What does everyone want?”

“ITALIAN”

“CHINESE”

“AMERICAN”

“FOOD!” With that everyone looked at Joe with a peculiar feeling.

“Let’s go to the boardwalk?” Sophie asked quietly after all the shouting was done.

“Boardwalk?” Nick questioned.

She nodded, “I heard they have quite a selection there. Plus I want to ride on a Ferris
Wheel,” She smiled.

“To the boardwalk it is then,” Jordan said and turned at the green light.

The sun was bright out and children’s laughter was heard, pink and blue cotton candy on sticks were everywhere you turned, shrieks sent off alarms as someone won a game giving their prize to their love, Sophie took everything in.

“Okay we’ll go and get food and then meet back at that table,” Jordan instructed, “Nick can you go with Sophie?”

“Jordan, I’m not a little girl,” She whined even though she wanted to spend time with Nick.

“I know, I know but I don’t want to be blamed for losing you,” He smirked backing away
leaving the two alone to walk around.

“Don’t you love it?” She asked.

“The boardwalk? Yeah it’s cool when you want some cotton candy,” Nick was now smirking.

“Not that, but it’s just the way the atmosphere here is. Everyone’s happy,” She
shrugged, “The only time the person isn’t happy is when they go home and everything’s
over. Kind of like my life,”

“What do you mean?” Nick wondered.

“When I hang out with you and everyone else, that’s my fun. Yet, at some point it ends and I
go back to being a young girl who is going to be the best at everything,” She ended with a tone somewhat like her own mothers.

Nick stopped her by the hand and looked into her eyes, “It’s never over Sophie because I’ll see you, call you, text you everyday just so you don’t feel like that little miss perfect that your mother wants you to be. Yet, I want her to see the ‘Little Miss Perfect,’ that you are,” he smiled.

“Are you calling me short because you know what mister maybe you’re just freakishly tall, which you are,” She said and all he did was laugh and kiss her cheek leaving her confused.

“You’re way too cute,” He said then walked with her to buy some food.

“So what did everyone buy?” Joe asked as they all met at the wooden table in between the sand of the beach and the sea of people.

“Hot dog,” Jordan showed.

“Burger,” Kevin sat down.

“I’m still waiting on my order, but I got a turkey leg and Sophie got chicken,” Nick said for the both of them.

“Oh, I got chilli cheese fries,” Joe said digging in.

“Sir here’s your order,” A man came to their table with a huge thing that looked like a
drumstick except for it was about ten times bigger.

“Nick you do know you’re diabetic right?” Sophie asked jokingly.

“WOAH!” Joe only noticed it when Sophie talked.

“Are you sure this is mine?” Nick asked.

“Yes, one turkey leg,” The man smiled and then left.

Nick looked around the table as in need of help, but everyone just looked at their own food
and continued eating.

“GUYS!” He whined, “You all are skinny. You can put a little more meat on your body,”

“I get full quickly though,” Sophie said innocently.

“Oh, I didn’t expect you to say anything,”

“What is that suppose to mean?”

“Nothing I just wouldn’t expect you to handle this much food is all,” He shrugged.

“I know what you’re trying to do, so I will say no I can’t, even though I totally can” She smirked.

“WAIT! I want to take a picture of it in your mouth,” Kevin said taking out his phone, “It’ll be
cool for the album,”

Nick took the oversized leg to his mouth, trying not to get the barbeque on his mouth, yet he
failed. Sophie giggled at the leftover sauce on Nick’s mouth and he looked innocently at her.

“I’ll take care of this,” Joe said reaching over the table and wiping Nick’s face with one of his fries and then eating it, “This is pretty good,”

“Thanks,” Nick said sarcastically wiping it off.

They continued to eat their meal, talking about some clown that had randomly come up to
their table a little before and was playing tricks.

“So what do we do next?” Sophie asked as she put the crumpled napkin into the empty tray that use to contain her chicken.

“Well, you wanted to go on the ferris wheel right,” Nick asked copying her actions.

“Uh I guess,”

“Let’s go!” So after throwing away their trash, they headed in the direction of the colorful
wheel at the very end.

After paying for tickets, they proceeded into the waiting line. After a few minutes, they were at
the front.

“Next two,” The lady said and Joe and Jordan pushed Nick and Sophie a bit to the front, “Enjoy your ride,”

The two sat on the blue seat and the metal bar was over their laps. After that it started to move.

As it moved, Sophie became nervous. One, she was with Nick. Two, she’d never been on a ferris wheel. Three, she was scared of heights.

“You okay?” Nick asked and she turned her head slowly to face him.

“Oh yeah, definitely,” She said unsurely.

“Soph, you have been on a ferris wheel before haven’t you?”

She blushed a little and looked away from him, “SOPHIE!”

“What?” She shot back, “My childhood was different from yours ,”

“So you’re scared of heights?” He assumed and she nodded.

“Oh Sophie,” He pulled her into his side and held her gently, “It’s not that bad,” and at that
point the seat started to swing back and forth when the wheel stopped moving.

“Why aren’t we moving?” She asked with a hint of panic in her voice.

“Don’t worry; they are just letting people on and off,”

“Oh,” She calmed down while he just laughed at her, “It’s not funny,”

“No it’s not,” he said trying to keep a straight face.

“You’re such a jerk,” she said playfully and then she started to try sitting up straight, but she
found some difficulty, “Nick you can let go,”

“Yeah sorry about that,” He awkwardly said letting his grip off of her.

“It’s pretty nice when you’re not so worried about it,” She looked over the whole park and the life that she was missing out on.

“So what else do you want to do in your life?” He asked.

“I want to go rock climbing, but like real rock climbing,”

“Real rock climbing?”

“Yes, my best friend he taught me how to, but my mother found out and I never got to go with
him to one of the bigger rocks here,” She shrugged.

“So how are you scared of heights,”

“We never went this high,” She laughed a bit.

“I guess. I can’t believe school is going to start next week,” Nick dazed.

“I can. Today is my last day of freedom,”

“Oh yeah you start studying right?”

“Mhm, but I’ll be at the orientation,”

He turned to smirk at her with what he thought was the greatest idea, but she shot him
down, “I’m staying there to help the teachers then going straight home to finish my ‘studies’”
She air quoted.

He frowned at her, “You just want to ruin my fun don’t you,”

“No,” She rolled her eyes, “I just don’t like being scolded,”

“Okay,” He agreed, “So when are you seeing what’s his face again,”

“I don’t know, maybe at orientation,” She shrugged, “But I think my goal is to try and hide from him,”

“That could work or you can just dump him,” He said as if it were no big deal.

“And tell my mother what,”

“That you found a better boyfriend,”

“And who might that be?”

“Me,”

She liked Nick, Nick liked her you wouldn’t see any possible way as to how this was
horrible, “Nick, you know I like you, but I’m not going to put you through hell for me,”

“But—“

“No buts Nick, it’ll happen when it happens,”

“Fine,” He sighed defeated.

“You’re okay with tomorrow right?”

“What’s tomorrow?”

“I just remembered I have another lunch thing with Bryan,”

“As long as at the end of it, you still think he’s a boring,” he smirked.

“I’m sure it’ll be that way,”

“Then yeah I’m cool with it,”

“Good, anyways what are we doing next?”

“Well I wanted to bring you to the batting cages”

“I want to go,” I said excitedly.

“That’s good to hear. Now you don’t have any family members that might own a batting cage
correct,”

I smiled at his question, “I only have an uncle who owns a gym and basketball court. I’m still begging him for a batting cage,”

“Then we’re good.” He smiled and we were off.

The rest of the day was great and I never wanted it to end. Yet, whenever I finally have a good time, it always does.

“So here we are,” I commented to Nick as the others got out of the car.

“We can do something else and like not be back for another hour,”

“No, I don’t think so,” she softly smiled, “Thank you for today,”

“Never a problem,”

“I’ll see you at orientation then,” she smiled then kissed his cheek, “Bye Nick,”

“Uhh…..bye” he stuttered and Sophie was hit by a small breeze.

“Bye Soph,” Joe and Kevin said before going back into Kevin’s car.

“Later,” She smiled waving.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!
I've been working on the other story, and this other one for school
BUT
I do try to write this one a little bit each night before I go to sleep
so hopefully you're happy : )
-GINA