Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Little Kids In Toy Stores

Image



*Aimee’s P.O.V.

My heart broke as I turned him down. Honestly, I didn’t want to but I couldn’t. We couldn’t. Ugh, but the necklace and he sang to me. I brought my head up to look at his eyes. He looked just as upset as I did. His eyes were brimming with tears. He looked broken, as if he couldn’t be fixed. Like a broken toy, left out in the cold because no one wanted to play with it anymore. It wasn’t supposed to be this way, we were supposed to make it. We were going to be the ones to make it all the way. Like a little girls fairytale dream.

It’s not like I don’t want to get back together again, it’s just harder than it seems. My heart wouldn’t be able to handle another breakup with him, and what if all we did was fight like we did before we broke up. I just wouldn’t be worth the torture. I sighed when I thought about how fragile I had been while Joe was in the hospital. When he was on that bed I wished so badly that it had been me and not him. Now I was letting him walk away, again.

“I can’t do this.” I whispered to myself and ran after Joe.

He was walking down the sidewalk, with his head hanging down. I grabbed his shoulder and whipped him around. I kissed him with as much force and love as I could, never wanting to let go of him again. Being in his arms again felt amazing, like I was back where I belonged. When he stopped kissing me and looked at me with an emotion in his eyes which I couldn’t quite understand. Didn’t he just get what he wanted? Or was having me back just not all it was cracked up to be. Maybe the spark we had fizzled for him.

“Joe, what’s wrong?”

“Does this mean you’re taking me back? Is it just bec-”

“Yes! Joe I love you so much you wouldn’t be able to understand. And no, it’s not just because you came all the way over here, sang your heart out, and pledged your love to me. It’s because I love you so much that my life would mean nothing without you. I think I sort of realized it while you were in a coma, I was a mess and it was crazy and I knew that life just wouldn’t be the same if you didn’t make it. I was dying inside watching you lie there, and I cried and cried. But it all made sense whe-”

I began explaining before I was cut off by Joe’s luscious lips coming gracefully onto mine, and we kiss to make up for all the time we had lost. From when I was on tour, while he was in a coma, this was the feeling I had missed so much. And secretly the real reason that I came home. Then, I realized I had one final question to ask him before we did anything else. Although, it wasn’t really a question per say, more of a reassurance.

“I thought I was a train wreck.”

“And I wouldn’t love you if you changed.”

That comment alone earned that boy another intense kiss. Joe broke away this time, just as I started getting into it. He pulled something shiny out of his pocket. My necklace. I lifted up my hair and let him put it on me. It took him a few tries on the clasp, but that was okay, it seemed like he was really nervous. When he finished I turned to look at him smiling, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He still looked kind of flustered.

“Why are you so nervous?” I asked giggling at his awkwardness.

“I don’t know,” He said and looked down, “I was just thinking, I’m kind of afraid. I don’t want to mess up again like last time. I want everything to work out between us. I feel like I have to be careful, so I won’t mess up.”

“Why don’t you tell Kevin he can go home, I’ll drive you home later. You can come inside and get off that leg mister!” I said and he turned around to cross the street to tell Kevin to leave. Then I quickly ran over to him, taking his hand to cross the street with him. I guess he won’t be crossing the street alone anytime soon, everyone must be doing this to him. Although, I don’t think it fazed him much because when I grabbed his hand a sweet smile formed on his face and we crossed the street together, starting all over again. Me and Joe, but we’d make it through this time. I was sure of it.

*Kevin’s P.O.V.

I drove the car around and parked across the street so I wouldn’t be too close to the love-fest, that was Joe and Aimee. I parked the car and turned off the ignition knowing that I would probably be there for a while. I pulled out my iPhone and began listening to ‘5 Colors in Her Hair’ by McFly, when Anna called. I picked up hastily, excited to hear her voice. I clicked the answer button as quickly as possible.

“Hey!” I said jumpily.

“Well hello, what are you up to?” Anna asked, with a laugh. Gosh, I loved her laugh. It was like the best sound in the world. Like a bunch of wind chimes in the breeze.

“Currently I’m parked across the street from Aimee’s while her and Joe are making out.” I said, and shuddered at the grossness I had just seen. My mind was forever scared, and it will always bother me. It’s like when a little kid sees their parents kiss. So sick.

“Oh sounds like a lot of fun, wish I was there.” She said sarcastically.

“I know me too, actually, you know what? Let’s go out on a date tonight. We both need a good time after what’s been going on lately.” I said figuring out what we were going to do in my head.

“Sounds great, where are we going?” She said, and I could hear the tone of excitement in her voice.

“I hear there is a fair downtown tonight. Maybe we could go, how about around 6-ish? How does that sound?”

“It sounds fantastic, although being with you in general is fantastic,” She said which made me laugh, “I’ll see you at six! Bye babe!”

“Bye!” I said and hung up. My nervousness was rising, tonight would be the night I would tell her that I loved her. And the Ferris Wheel would be the perfect place to do it. Starry night, romantic setting, cotton candy, perfection in a nutshell for this occasion. And I’ll have to win her some sort of a stuffed animal too of course. My habit of making things romantic really does come in handy, and so often too.

I took a look at my iPhone and scanned through the pictures I had saved to it. Most of them were of Anna, or me and Anna. It’s understandable though, she means everything to me and more. I tried to imaging myself with someone else, but I couldn’t. She was the other half, to my whole. I was snapped out of my trance by Aimee lightly tapping on the window, and then Joe pounded on it earning himself a slap on the arm from Aimee. I rolled down my window for them before Joe ended up breaking it. What an idiot.

“Hey, I’m going to steal Joseph over here for a while.” She said tilting her head towards him quickly. “I’ll drive him back home later, okay?”

“Great, because I’m taking Anna out tonight so I should get everything ready. You two have fun, but not too much. Oh, and don’t cross any more streets Joseph.” I said, knowing that now was the time to insert my role as the older brother.

“Haha, very funny Kevin.” Joe said rolling his eyes.

“Bye Kev, see you later.” Aimee replied smiling. Her arm snaked around Joe’s waist and they went back across the street and into her house. I pulled away and drove off to every girl’s favorite store Tiffany’s, to go get Anna something nice. Something to commemorate the occasion.

Tiffany’s had some nice stuff, but nothing that screamed Anna. Finally, my eyes fell upon the perfect bracelet for her. Simple, yet elegant, and also absolutely perfect for her. I bought it and gave the saleslady an inscription to put on the back of the bracelet. ‘I love you more than anything else in this world ~ Kevin’ for a little extra money I got her to have the inscription on it in 2 hours.

So basically, I had 2 hours in the mall to spare, which was good considering Nick and Frankie’s birthdays were coming up soon. So it’s the perfect time for me to get gifts for them. I thought about what to get them long and hard. After a few seconds it hit me, Nick really wanted a dog so I headed off to the pet store. As I walked in I realized that I should probably clear this with mom and dad first. They’d probably kill me if I just showed up the dog, that we’d only been bouncing ideas around about. None of us had actually agreed on it. So, I pulled out my phone and called them.

“Hello Kevin,” I heard my mom’s gentle voice say.

“Hi mom, I’m at the mall in a pet store, and I was thinking th-”

“Golden retriever, buy the cutest one they’ve got!” She squealed. “Just don’t tell your father, he’s just so darn stubborn about this no dog thing! I’ll keep wearing him down until the day of.”

“Where are we going to put him until Nick’s birthday though? Actually, I think I know where we can keep him.”

“Okay, bye honey! Buy a cutie!” She said, and giggled.

“Bye Mom.” I hung up chuckling at her last comment.

I picked the cutest little golden there as told by my mother, and asked the store to hold him until I got back from finishing shopping. Next stop on my mall adventure, the toy store. There were so many choices of toys, picking the perfect gift for Frankie was going to be a job and a half. After searching through practically the whole entire store I settled on getting him a ‘Nerf’ machine gun thing, which I had a feeling was going to bite me in the butt at a later time, and a Nintendo DS game.

I contemplated getting other stuff for Nick and Joe to give to Frankie, but I decided that was going to be their problem. After that another thought popped into my mind, I never got Aimee an official birthday gift, except for my trip to see her. But they paid for that, and I didn’t intend on seeing her until like a day before so I didn’t really have enough time to pull anything together. So, I decided to get her something simple, a $50 iTunes gift card, and I’d sign it from Nick and myself, Joe was on his own since it’s his girlfriend. I looked at the time and realized how fast 2 hours had gone. It was time for me to pick up Anna’s bracelet.

When I picked up the bracelet fortunately the store was still empty, because I hadn’t really thought to disguise myself or bring Big Rob with me in my rush to get here. Except, there was one little girl named Jaclyn, who apparently was a fan so I gave her and autograph and took a few pictures with her. After I finally picked up the bracelet I went and got the puppy, which might I add is one of the cutest puppies I’ve ever seen. I was immediately glad that I had picked him.

I let the puppy have the backseat to itself while I drove over to Anna’s rather slowly so I didn’t scare the puppy too much. I put the puppy on the leash I bought as well at the store, and walked him up to the door. Good thing the puppy came already vaccinated. Anna opened the door smiling, her hair was half-up half-down and curled gracefully bouncing on her shoulders. She had a necklace on that had her name on it, and her face turned really confused when she caught sight of the puppy. I smiled at her hoping it would weasel her into helping me out.

“Who’s wittle puppy is this?” She said in a little baby voice bent down petting him lightly.

“Well, it’s Nick’s birthday present from me. And I was kind of wondering if he could stay here at your place until his birthday.” I said, throwing in the cutest smile I could to wear her down.

“Yeah, Lilly’s going to love this! I’m sure my mom wouldn’t mind, she loves you. Here why don’t you come in for a minute.” She said and opened the door so me, and my new little buddy could go inside. I picked up the puppy and went inside. Anna called her mom, and Helen came down the steps. She was about to give me a hug until she saw the puppy in my arms.

“Oh my! He is too cute! Who is he?”

“He’s going to be Nick’s birthday present, but I was wondering if he could stay here until then if that’s alright with you.” I said politely. I prayed silently that she would say yes, because I really didn’t have any other back-up options about what to do with him.

“Of course Kevin! Can I hold him?” I shook my head yes in response, and handed her the puppy. She smiled as the puppy licked her face playfully.

“I’ll go get his food and stuff, thank you so much for doing this. I’ll come over and walk him and feed him until Nick’s birthday.” I said thankfully.

“No, no, no dear! I’ll walk him and feed him myself, it’s no trouble! I’m happy to help out. Oh Lilly’s going to have a joy ride when she sees this adorable little thing.” Helen said, smiling to herself.

“Thank you so much!” I said again, got all the puppies supplies, and brought them inside.

When I got back inside Lilly was downstairs in the living room playing with the puppy. She was giggling wildly while he licked her and they played together. I had a feeling she was going to love that dog. I was definitely going to have a problem taking him back from them. I felt two hands around my waist and a quick kiss on my cheek. Then Anna whispered in my ear.

“You ready to go?”

“Yep, let’s go. Bye Helen and thank you again!” I said, as we headed towards the door.

“You’re welcome, have fun guys!” She yelled back from the living room and Anna and I walked out of the house.

She shut the door behind us, and I took her hand gently as we walked down the sidewalk. The smile on her face was unbelievably gorgeous. My heartbeat was going at 100 mph, I was definitely in love, and I didn’t care if the whole world knew it. I opened the passenger side door for her and she got in. I got in on my side and started driving towards the fair happily until Anna shocked the living life out of me at the very first red light.

“So, anything happening with you that’s interesting?” I asked, with a light smile.

“I’m moving.” She said bluntly and the dreams I had blurred and faded to black. I looked at her shocked, she couldn’t leave! I wouldn’t let her! Not now!
♠ ♠ ♠
So, hi. I’m really sorry about the gaps between updates, but you saw the story in my last author’s note about why. But what I really want to talk to you about is this contest I found out about. It’s called The Bring Mibba Back Awards ‘10. And if you click on the link you’ll be brought to the awards page. It would mean so much to me, if you nominated any of my stories in this contest. The deadline for nominations is January 30th, so please please please nominate me! I love all of you!

~dancerbabe365