Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Is That A Trainwreck I See?

Image



*Kevin’s P.O.V.

“What?!” I practically shouted, “You’re moving! How far?!”

“Kevin, honey, calm down.” She said and kissed my cheek. “A few blocks away, it’s actually closer to you then I am now. I mean I’m 18 going on 19 and I’m in college. Personally, I think it’s about time I move out. And now I can visit you more often since I’ll have no mother with me to tell me I can’t go out. Although, now I’m going to have to go get a better job, but I’ll live.”

“Oh,” I said, putting my hands back on the wheel driving again, “That’s messed up, you scared me half-to-death, I thought you meant moving far away!”

“No, I would never be able to move away from you, it would be like losing my other half.” She said, leaning over to give me another kiss on the cheek.

I finished driving to the fair and I parked, while Anna was getting out of the car I slyly slipped the bracelet into my pocket for later. I stuck on a pair of sunglasses and a hat so I wouldn’t be recognized and we walked hand-in-hand. I bought the two of us P.O.P. bracelets. Soon enough I realized that we were both starving, so we went to go get some pizza. And of course I paid, I mean isn’t that what I’m supposed to do? Anna smiled after taking a bite of the delicious pizza.

“Mmm…this is really good. Thank you so much for the night out Kevin.” Anna said, with a grin on her face.

“No problem, I told you, it’s my job.”

“Oh of course,” She said and winked at me.

“So, you look beautiful tonight.” I said smiling, an attempt to woo her, but it only made her giggle.

“Thank you, you look very handsome,” She said smiling even wider.

Her smile got me a little flustered, yes only a little...okay maybe a lot. And well, it caused me to spill my drink all over the table. How unromantic? I sighed and jumped into action putting napkins all over the table to dry everything up. She giggled some more and helped me throw out all of the soaked napkins and dry the rest of the table. I looked at her apologetically.

“I’m so sorry, I’m such a klutz!” I said, scrambling to make sure nothing else was wet. This was so unromantic. I can’t believe that I just did that. And to think I’m normally the smooth one with this type of stuff. Ugh!

“Honey, don’t worry about it. And you’re not a klutz. That’s Joe’s job, and I think he’d be a little upset if he knew you were trying to take it from him.” She said, trying to crack a joke to make me feel better.

I laughed and threw out our plates, napkins, and cups. Then we went to the first ride of the night. The Pirate Ship. We took the last row so that we could get up really high, and I succeeded in my goal. Anna was attached to me the whole ride. It felt nice to be able to put my arm around her, and to hug her in public with no one saying anything or people taking pictures.

Although, I still felt a nagging at the back of my mind that it would be really easy to figure out who I was. And that if someone did, it would ruin the night. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind, reminding myself that I was disguised, and that this night was meant to make Anna happy. After we rode the Pirate Ship about 4 times we went on the Tilt-a-Whirl. She was smiling and laughing the whole time, I was too, and I’d never felt more in love.

“Wow, this is good funnel cake.” She said after taking a bite of the treat that we had just bought.

“I don’t get why you couldn’t just let me pay.” I said looking at her sternly.

“Because you paid for everything else! It’s my turn!” She joked.

I sighed and took another bite of the absurdly good funnel cake. She was definitely something else. She got some powder on her nose so I wiped it off and ceased the opportunity to kiss her for like the 400th time that night. She smiled into the kiss, and then we broke apart. My head turned and I spotted one of the water gun games, so I pulled Anna over to go play it with me.

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

I looked at Joe expectantly after we sat down on the couch. He kissed me quickly on the lips and sent me an identical look. I sighed and laid down with my head on his shoulder. He curved his head around and kissed me again, but I pushed him back after a second or so. I didn’t want to, but there were some things I wanted to get off of my mind.

“You don’t seem so nervous anymore.”

“I know, I think I’m starting to feel normal again, with you in my arms.” He said leaning into kiss me again only for me to deny him. I pushed him back, and he gave me a puppy dog pout. He was definitely still a child at heart.

“Mature, but we need to talk. Like to decide on everything.” I said looking at him seriously.

“I think that everything’s all good. We’ll tell the public about us as originally planned and everything will be fine. And now I know that you are always right.”

“And don’t you forget it!” I said and kissed him, giving into his playful nature.

I looked at him and then the time, it was kind of early, but it had been a long day. Deb and dad would be home soon judging by the time. I kissed Joe and got up off the couch quickly, which made Joe look at me questionably. His face was definitely one of a kind so I had to laugh.

“What are you doing?” He asked. “I wanted to continue enjoying our time together.”

“Well, it’s about dinner time so I’m going to make dinner for you, me, and the parental figures.”

“Oh really? And what exactly will you be making?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“Pizza Hut.” I replied smoothly making him laugh, and I picked up the phone to call.

I called Pizza Hut on my cell phone, the number was already programmed in due to my love for their amazing cheesy pizzas. I ordered my dad’s favorite buffalo wings to get on his good side, or at least help to ease him into things. My dad knows about everything that went on between Joe and I, so he won’t exactly be too happy to see Joe again. Ever since my mom died the two of us tell each other everything, and well that definitely constituted as part of everything. His protective side was definitely going to kick into high gear the second he saw Joe.

I tensed up at the thought of what his reaction would be. And all the outcomes ended with Joe in yet another ambulance. And I don’t think I would be able to handle the two most important men in my life hating each other. Then my train of thought was lost again, thinking to all of the fights that Joe and I had before we broke up. Joe placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed my cheek noticing my tense stance.

“I won’t let you down this time, I promise.” He said sincerely.

“I know, I trust you. It’s just I don’t want to fight, and I don’t need my heart broken again.” I said looking down, to which he lifter up my chin with his index finger. I stared into his eyes, which were both sincere and trustworthy.

“That will never happen again as long as I’m around. I will take care of you until the very day I die. This is a new me, a new us. It’s only going to be easy sailing from here on out.”

“Promise?” I asked, sticking out my pinky.

“Promise.” He said, seriously interlocking his pinky with mine.

“And another thing, um….my dad isn’t going to be too happy about you being here. But don’t worry! I got him his favorite buffalo wings to soften him up!” I said fake smiling trying to make the situation seem less scary.

“Don’t worry about it,” He said squeezing my shoulders, “I’ll use my Jonas charm!”

“Oh jeez,” I said as the front door opened.

Deb walking in and I silently screamed for joy that it wasn’t my dad yet. She put down her bag, and walked into the kitchen smiling at the sight of Joe. She always had a soft spot for him and always hoped he’d come back. Deb put her hands on her hips and looked at me and Joe, her smile just got wider.

“I see he finally got the guts to come see you.” She said with an all knowing glance.

“Yes I did ma’am. And I-”

“Oh shush! None of that ma’am stuff, I’m Deb to you, and I’m happy to see your fine and back together. I mean Eric won’t exactly be ecstatic, but I’m not the one who needs convincing. To be honest I’m glad your back, Aimee seems happier already. And now I don’t have to keep so much ice cream in the house, it’ll save me a little bit of money.” She said which earned her a nice little glare from me which only made her giggle.

“Thanks, Deb. How do you think Dad is going to react?” I asked.

“I really don’t know, probably not with open arms. But I can sweeten him up before hand.” She said, trying to help out the situation.

“Great! And I ordered his favorite buffalo wings too.”

“Ingenuous!” She said as the door opened and shut again.

I watched as she ran to the door to go sweeten him up. I heard a few giggles from Deb and a deep throaty laugh from my dad. I didn’t even want to think about what was going on, so I turned to see Joe and started fixing his collar and hair until he grabbed my hands to stop me. His amazingly, breathtaking brown eyes locked with mine and he gave me a quick peck on the lips.

“Quit worrying, it will be fine.” He said and straightened up because my dad had just walked into the room, with Deb attached to his arm. I watched as his smile quickly turned into an angry frown. Oh goodness.

*Brittney’s P.O.V.

I looked at myself in the mirror yet again. This was the final time I would see myself in the dress before the wedding, considering that it was tomorrow. I shivered at the thought of my dad remarrying, everyone moved on so fast. But it was all for the better, and all I had to do was keep reminding myself of that.

My thoughts shifted, to me and Nick, have we moved on that fast too? I mentally kicked myself. I was supposed to be happy and carefree today. Not thinking of Nick, and our issues. Maybe one day we could be friends again, but that day was definitely not today. I shook my head, and heard the footsteps of someone entering the room.

“My, my, don’t you look stunning.” My dad said, seeing me for the first time in the dress.

“You really think so?”

“No, I know so.” He replied smartly.

I hopped off the platform in front of the mirror and did a little twirl for him. My dad’s smile was wider, he kissed my forehead and sighed. Time’s moved so fast, secretly I knew that’s what we were both thinking about. I looked at my old man, he looked pretty young, although you could see those grey hairs. I wish time would just slow down.

“Look how big you’ve gotten, too bad I didn’t get to watch it all happen.” He said, with a misty look in his eyes. “You know that after the wedding, where you go is up to you. I spoke to your mother and she agreed, that the choice is all yours. You’re more than welcome to stay with us or go back. And you can stay with Danny while we’re on our honey moon if you choose to stay here.”

“I don’t know. Can the answer wait until after the wedding?” I asked.

“Yeah, no problem, now go change back into your clothes and we can go to the Jordan’s for the barbeque.” He replied and I went to go change.

After I took off the dress and put it back, we went to go pick up Felicia who had just gotten home from her ‘bachelorette’ party. None of us really considered it one, since all it really was were Felicia’s friends hanging out at a friend’s house and they brought her a few gifts. It was exactly what she wanted though, and that’s what counts.

My dad and I had spent the whole day doing father-daughter things, and catching up on what we’ve missed since the last time I saw him. It was nice, and it kind of made me feel like a little kid again. Felicia got into the car and we drove home. Then we walked next door to the Jordan’s house. My dad knocked on the door and a smiling Nora opened the door and invited us in.

“Danny is in his room, Brittney.” She said.

“Oh, okay thanks!” I said and ran up to his room.

His door was open, and he was listening to Ryan Forester again. I came up behind him and put my hands on his shoulders which scared him. Danny gave me a hug hello and then I got a close look on what he was actually doing. It looked like he was making a CD cover for Ryan. It was a nice cover, but something was off, the title, that was it. He had it going across the bottom above his name, but I think it would look better on the side of it.

“Mind if I try?” I asked.

“Go ahead.” He said, gesturing to the computer screen.

I put my hand on top of his on the mouse and dragged the title over to the side. Then I tilted it so it was going from top to the bottom, which alone made the cover look 10 times better. He looked at me and smiled, which I returned happily. I realized my hand was still on top of his to I pulled it away, quickly becoming self-conscious. Danny motioned for me to sit down on his bed. It looked like he was thinking of something intently. My wonder overcame me, but I didn’t want to push, so I just sat there silently.

“Uh, Britt,” He said quietly.

“Yes?” I asked.

“I have something to tell you,” He said unsurely.

“Okay, and that is?”

“I-uh your shoe’s untied.” He finished staring at my feet.

I looked down at my shoes and tied the one that wasn’t tied. Inside I knew that wasn’t what he wanted to say, but what he actually wanted to say I really didn’t know. Was it that he liked me? Or is that just my hopes getting the best of me again. I shouted mentally, frustrated with not knowing the truth.

I sighed and looked away from him, and then I smelt food. Nora called up to us and we went down stairs. Danny didn’t look at me once on the way down stairs or at dinner, but we made casual conversation with the adults so it didn’t seem awkward. Although, nothing passes by the all-knowing Felicia, I got a text from her and opened it discreetly under the table.

What happened? You two seem so awkward.
~Felicia

I don’t know, he wanted to tell me something and then said my shoe was untied. But after that he wouldn’t look at me.
~Britt

HE LIKES YOU! He was so going to say it!
~Felicia

No! You’re crazy!
~Britt

I shut my phone and looked at my very delusional step-mom-to-be who read the text and winked at me quickly. I rolled my eyes at her and refocused myself on eating my cheeseburger nonchalantly. I sipped at my iced tea and looked up at Danny who happened to be looking at me then, or maybe the whole time.

I smiled at him and he smiled in return at me. After we ate the food we all went into their living room to play ‘Trivial Pursuit’. Felicia and I won by a close margin, Danny and Nora were right behind us, and my dad and James were really far behind them. We went home after that, and everyone was pooped including myself. Danny came to hug me goodbye.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said hugging me.

“Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said and walked home, knowing that tomorrow was definitely going to be an interesting day.

*Kevin’s P.O.V.

“I can’t believe I just got beat by a little girl at a stupid water gun game. But seriously like how old was she?” I said while walking away with Anna’s hand in mine. She was laughing hysterically at this. Finally, she caught her breath and tried to console me.

“Awe baby, don’t worry. She probably has had a lot of practice.”

I shook my head a little and hugged her, dragging her to a basketball shooting game. I was determined to win her something. The lady behind the counter handed me a basketball, I missed. I paid her another dollar and tried again, but this time I got it in. Finally I won something! I could hear Anna cheering loudly behind me, so I pulled her in front of me so she could pick out her prize. She picked out a giant dog. It was a dark brown and vaguely reminded me of Rover.

I held the dog for her and looked up at the skyline, it was about sunset so it clicked in my head that it was time to go on the Ferris Wheel. We headed towards it and got on. Anna leaned her head on my shoulder with my arm around her shoulder. The ride started going and going, it was romantic with the beautiful sunset, then it was time for people to start getting off. The ride stopped with Anna and I on top, so I looked at her giving her a sweet kiss on the lips.

“I have something for you,” I said pulling out the bracelet and putting it on her.

“Awe Kevin it’s beautiful! Thank you!” She said glancing at it, but not reading the inscription.

“Anna, I love you.” I said sweetly, although it didn’t have quite the effect I had prayed for. Her back stiffened, her face lost it’s color, and her breathing rate increased drastically. It seemed like she was about to have a panic attack. No I love you back or anything, it felt like a giant kick to the stomach. Maybe I was wrong, maybe it was too soon. Shoot! I slapped myself mentally for my stupidity. Everything suddenly started going all wrong.

“I uh- I’ve got to go home,” She said quickly as our little holder came into the loading dock. She hopped off unbelievably quick, grabbing her dog, and practically running away. I came up behind her grabbing her arm gently, turning her around. It looked like tears were welling in her eyes. I hugged her and then looked at her in the eyes.

“I didn-” I began.

“Kevin, I just want to go home. Now. Please just take me.”

“Um…okay, do you want to tell me what’s wrong. I mean if you’re not ready to-” I said.

“I just want to go home.” She said seriously.

I nodded, we walked back to the car and I drove her home. The car ride was silent and awkward. Nothing made sense, I mean if the ‘I love you’ was too early then say so! Or did I really mess up? Was there some sign or signal that I missed? Was there maybe a rule no one had taught me? All I felt I could do was to pray that this wouldn’t be the end of us. I didn’t want this to be, it was only the beginning. I felt like I did earlier on today, when my dreams faded right before my eyes. It scared me that she could do this so easily, meanwhile letting go would destroy me completely. Could one simple mistake do so much?

When we pulled up in front of her expensive society home she hopped out quietly, only murmuring an almost inaudible thank you to me. I watched as her graceful body quickly slid inside her house, not looking back in anyway. I took my car out of park and drove straight back home thinking confusedly. I didn’t even turn on the radio like I normally do, I just couldn’t do it at the moment. Nothing seemed quite right anymore. As I pulled up in front of my house I sighed, slamming my head onto the steering wheel activating the car horn.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep……
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! Just wanted to let you know for those of you who are kind of missing Nick, he will be back in 2 parts hardcore! It shall be a really intense part! So, please comment and spread the love!

~dancerbabe365