Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

When Your Heart Is Healing, Mine Is Breaking

Image



*Brittney’s P.O.V.

“It’s okay, no big deal. First off she kissed him, and second we’re not dating so I don’t really care. And it’s not like either of us want to get back together anyways.” I scoffed.

On the inside I have to admit, it does hurt a bit that they kissed. It’s none of my business though, who knows if I’m even moving back here. Aimee and I got into the car and Danny drove us to our house, we both got out of the car so that we could say goodbye. She leaned through the car window giving Danny a hug and pulled out, she looked at me questionably. I felt like I was going to cry, I didn’t want to leave her again, it was like losing my second half. She held her arms out in front of her to give me a hug.

“Come here. I’m going to miss you so much!” She said and I hugged her.

“Did you really miss me that much?”

“Nah not really,” She joked and I hugged her again.

She patted my back and I hopped into the passenger seat of Danny’s car. I watched as Aimee sadly walked into the house, I was going to miss her. I felt a pang of guilt in the back of my mind, I left originally because she wasn’t there and now that she’s home I probably should be too. But who knows how long she’s going to stay, and what about Nick? Could I last to see him all the time? No, no I can’t. And Joe, I probably should be there for my buddy. Silently, I decided no decision would be made until after the wedding. Danny looked at me weirdly, and I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Yes?” I asked.

“What are you thinking about? You were making funny faces.” He said and laughed.

“Maybe you should stop watching me and watch the road!” I said, hitting his shoulder.

He laughed his sexy laugh, and put both hands on the wheel facing forward. How perfect is he? Danny was definitely one of the sweetest guys, it was unbelievable nice of him to drive me out here to see Joe, and he stayed in the hospital with me. And to any normal person my request would have seemed a little insane. He didn’t even know that Aimee and were actually related.

I looked at his smiling face and felt butterflies in my stomach and I finally realized I have a huge crush on Mr. Perfect Daniel Jordans. Am I a boy-aholic or what? Danny turned his head quickly and looked at me, then turned himself back to look at the road. He’s so going to get us into an accident, but looking into his beautiful eyes would be totally worth it. Well. Only if I don’t die.

“You know, you can turn on the radio if you want.”

“Okay,” I replied.

I leaned over and turned on the radio to my favorite station, 100.3ZNN. It was playing Aimee’s song Music and Rhythm, I jumped up and down all excited for my step-sister. I turned around to see Danny smiling at my enthusiasm, this was a major step for her, something we should have experienced together, but I wasn’t near her, I’m on my way back to my Dad and his fiancé’s bustling household. But for now it was where I had to be. The future at the moment was unclear.

I lost track of time after an hour of driving, we got back to Danny’s house while it was still daylight out. He invited me in to freshen up and hang out. Later on he would walk me back to my house. I practically sprinted to his bathroom, a girl’s gotta go, when a girl’s gotta go. After that I washed off my face with some water so I looked at least semi-awake. Before I walked out I heard Danny talking to someone.

“So where is your little friend?” I heard a sweet woman’s voice ask.

“Mom!” He whined, “She’s in the bathroom, please don’t embarrass me.”

“You like her don’t you?” A man who must be Danny’s Dad asked.

“Yes, but I haven’t told her yet so shush!” he hissed.

I heard a little bit of muffled laughter coming from the room and I felt it was okay to come out then. I was squealing on the inside, a dream come true! Danny likes me! I saw Danny standing with a man who was around 6’1” with short brown hair, blue eyes, and very thin. He looked exactly like Danny, but older. Next to him was a blonde blue eyed woman a little shorter than I am, her skin was light like her husband. They both smiled when they saw me walk out, his Mom nudged Danny lightly with her elbow, which made him roll his eyes and laugh. He took a step forward and motioned towards his parents.

“Brittney, these are my parents. Mom, Dad, this is Brittney, our next door neighbor’s daughter.” He introduced.

His Mom reached out her hand and shook mine, his Dad did the same and gave me a firm hand shake. I smiled widely wanting to make a good impression. Both of them said I could call them by their first names, James and Nora. After that Danny brought me up to his room to hang out for a little while. He turned on his CD player, it was playing a singer I had never heard. Now, I am a big music person so when I don’t know a band or singer that someone else does, it makes me nervous. I listened to it quietly. This guy was pretty good.

“Who is this?” I asked.

“Do you like it?” He countered.

“Yes, I do. He’s really good.”

“Glad you think so, his name is Ryan Foster. My parents own a record label. I help out with signing good undiscovered bands. I found out about him a few weeks ago, through a friend. We’re hoping a lot of people like him, and he already has an internet fan base. Not quite as big as the Jonas Brothers, but it’s pretty good for a newly signed singer.”

“Wow, I didn’t know your parents owned a label. What’s it called?” I asked truly in shock. How could I not have already known this? I mean surely my dad must’ve known, or at least his very friendly fiancé.

“Nora group Records.”

“Like your Mom?”

“ Exactly.” He replied.

“So, you excited for the wedding? It’s in two days you know.” I asked him, following a semi-awkward silence that had filled the room.

“Yeah, I guess. But the real question is if you’re excited.”

“Super.” I said with a grin on my face.

*Joe’s P.O.V.~ Next day

“Finally, home sweet home.” I thought as I laid down on the couch. Man, did it feel good to be out of that stuffy hospital. Damage on my count wasn’t too bad. Only a walking cast, they gave me crutches which I could use if it hurt to put pressure on my leg, and quite a few bruises all over my body. But at least the only serious damage, was my still broken heart. I sort of hoped that Aimee would have taken me back at the hospital. I clutched the necklace she had handed back to me at the hospital. I needed to finish what I had started before that stupid car hit me. I hobbled over to Kevin and began poking him insistently until he turned around.

“Yes Joseph?” He asked with an annoyed tone, then I realized I had interrupted a phone conversation he was having. Probably with Anna, he is definitely in love with her. I don’t get why they’re so hesitant to say it though. But then again, me and Aimee are a different type of love. It was quick and held us both together with a passion. And then again that could help explain why we’re not together right now.

“Would you mind driving me to Aimee’s? I’d walk, but I don’t think anyone would really want me walking alone right now.” I said, knowing I had him.

“Right-e-o. Give me like 2 seconds, okay?”

“Yep.” I said thinking of having Aimee in my arms again.

Kevin picked up the phone and said goodbye, and yes it was Anna. I could tell by the goodbye. He got his keys and we got into his Hummer. He drove quite quickly, but I knew it was because he wanted the two of us to be together already, so did I. Or maybe it was because he wanted to get back to talking to Anna again. One could never be sure with these things. I chose to go with the first option.

He pulled up to the front of her house and gave me a pat on the back and looked at me seriously. It made the seriousness of what I’m doing hit the full blast. What if she said no? Maybe we’re just not ready, which could be why we didn’t make it the first time. But I’m willing to try, and start all over again. I was willing to deal with the pain of rejection if it meant that I tried. I’d deal with the pain if we ended up breaking up again just to feel her touch just one more time. I missed her too much, I wasn’t going to let her walk away again.

“Are you ready?”

“I hope so.”

“Do you think she is?”

“I guess we’ll just have to find out.” I replied taking a deep breath.

I got out of the car mentally preparing myself for what was to come. I hobbled over to her door, even though I have a walking boot it’s still hard to walk in. I knocked on the door, and heard some barking then Aimee opened the door, she looked great. Beautiful. Then my thoughts were interrupted by an intense growling coming from the one, the only, Romeo. I deserved it. Aimee shushed him and sent him back inside. Obviously even he knew I did something wrong. I looked at Aimee, she was breath taking and I had missed her so much. I took a deep breath to get ready and win her back.

“Aimee, I know you said you weren’t sure, but I missed you, a lot. I need you. I love you so much, and I’m sorry for all the stupid things I’ve done lately. And the promises I’ve broken, but I know we could make it through if we tried. I know that we could make it this time.” I said and got down on one knee and began singing to her.

“I don’t wanna fall asleep
Cause I don’t know if I’ll get up
And I don’t wanna cause a scene
But I’m dying without your love


Begging to hear your voice
Tell me you love me too
Cause I’d rather just be alone
If I know that I can’t have you.”


I stood up and looked her in the eyes, it looked like she was going to cry. I wanted to be the one to wipe those tears away. She had to say yes. She couldn’t leave me. I don’t think that I would be able to deal with a life without her. I prayed silently while I prepared myself. My lungs took a shaky breath and I took her hand, I wanted her to say yes to my next question so badly.

“Aimee please, I love you so much, I can’t even begin to describe, please take me back.” I asked, knowing that this was my last chance.

“I can’t, I’m so sorry Joe. I just can’t.” she said and my heart shattered into billions of tiny minuscule pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yellow! How’s the story going? I hope well, so I hope you enjoyed it, and like always please be awesome and comment! How do you guys like the new layout? Oh, and thanks to bandgeekkxx3 for the awesome inspiration! Love you all!

~dancerbabe365

P.S. The reason it took so long to update is because someone reported all of my stories. I keep trying to fix it, but it’s been more than 3 weeks and the editors still haven’t gotten back to me.