Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Putting the Pieces Back Together

Image



*Joe’s P.O.V.

I sat down on Aimee’s couch looking at her, and then kissed her cheek. Yesterday went well, after a heart-to-heart, her father and I were okay. He’s still uneasy about having me back around, but has agreed to deal. She came over just as her parents left for work to see me. We worked out all of the major problems yesterday which made everything seem so much more at ease. It made me feel like everything was back to normal and good in the world. Stable. Not feeling like the floor was going to come out from under me at any moment.

Aimee came on a mission. Her determination made me laugh. Her mission was to bring all the stuff including her oh so important teddy bear back to her house. She practically ran into my room to get it. She seemed kind of shocked when she was the boxes lying in my room still unopened, just sitting there with the teddy bear on top. We brought the boxes over to her house. She ran me upstairs to her room. I hobbled to keep up, of course. When we got there we sat down on the couch in her living room.

“So, the boxes were still closed. Why? Didn’t you want the stuff back?” Aimee asked, with a gentle tone.

“To be honest, no, I didn’t. I secretly hoped you were just going to come back and take it away. I really didn’t want to be reminded of everything by opening it anyway.” She kissed my lips in response.

I got a little into the kiss and then we broke apart for air. Aimee leaned down and put her head on my lap. I stroked her hair absent mindedly as she turned on the TV to Disney Channel, where an episode of ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ was playing. She stabbed the power button visibly upset. Selena. Nick sure knows how to pick ‘em. I couldn’t blame him though, he was still learning. As was I. One day everything was going to fall back into place.

My thoughts drifted back to when we all first met, it felt like forever ago. So much had changed since then. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Aimee kissing my cheek unexpectedly. She had probably been doing the same thing.

“You hungry?” She asked, which made my stomach growl. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

She hopped up with me close behind her walking towards the kitchen to get us something to eat. She pulled out some bread and sandwich meats motioning for me to pick one. I picked, and we made sandwiches. Doing this with her made me happy and gave me a glimpse of the future. I could imagine us doing things like this together. Making sandwiches. Being perfectly happy for the rest of our lives. Living simply. We sat at the table eating hungrily and happily, while she started a conversation with me.

“So how’s Nick doing?”

“Alright I guess. He seemed a lot happier today though. I step in the right direction I hope.” I said, remembering Nick’s odd pep in his step this morning. It made me smile to see him happier for once.

“Oh that’s good I guess,” She said as we both finished up our sandwiches. Then I caught sight of the 2 boxes and teddy bear sitting in front of her steps. Aimee looked at them too and I think it sparked an idea in her mind.

“Hey Joe, do you want to go through the boxes with me? I figure you might want some of the stuff you’ve left here back. You can take a few of the pictures too, I have a lot.” She said, with a kind smile.

“Sure,” I said.

She handed me a box, the lighter one of the two due to my handicapped-ness. Aimee took the other one and we brought them up into her room. I put my box down as she ran down the steps coming back with that bear she was so in love with. I watched as she placed him gently on the bed, and then we began the task of unpacking the boxes. She used her keys and opened up the first box skillfully, I sat down next to her looked at the contents of the box. Low and behold there was the sweatshirt I had been looking for. I stuck my hand in to get it when my hand was swatted away by Aimee.

“Hey! I’m keeping that!” She shouted.

“What do you mean? I like that sweat shirt, it’s comfy!”

“Exactly, that’s why I want it! Plus it reminds me of you.” She said skillfully adding in a wink, which won me over. She always knew exactly what to say.

“Fine, but I want the rest of my sweatshirts back.”

“How about I get to keep two of them?” She said staring at me giving me the ‘you-better-listen’ look.

“Deal.” I said and shook her hand.

Aimee pulled around 4 sweatshirts out of the box and handed them to me. I looked at the sweatshirts in my hands completely floored. How in the world did she have so many? More importantly, how did I not notice they were missing? She just smiled and pulled over the next box opening it. Inside were tons of pictures and frames. Aimee looked at one of the pictures and put it on her counter. It was a picture of her smiling widely while I’m kissing her cheek.

“Hey! I want that picture!” I said looking at her.

“Oh really? And what makes you think I’m giving it to you?” Her signature side grin displayed playfully.

“This,” I said leaning over giving her a nice kiss on the lips, and I pulled away. “And the fact that if I get that one you can have this one.” I added pulling out a picture of the two of us on a swing looking at each other smiling of course.

“Alright, as long as I get another one.” She said kissing me again.

“You can have as many of those as you’d like.” I said and we kissed again super lightly this time.

After a few more kisses we resumed looking through the pictures. I looked at a few and we sorted what went to who, she even returned the black v-neck T-shirt of mine that I wore in the Camp Rock photo shoots. After going in the pool at my house one day she realized she needed a shirt to borrow to put over her bathing suit, so I gave her mine to wear. Then I saw one of the best pictures of us and I had to have it. It was me laying down with my hands behind my head, looking down at Aimee who’s head was on my chest looking up at me. The smile’s on our faces’ were ridiculously wide, Aimee looked at the picture and I knew she would want it too.

“I call it!” We both shouted in unison.

“You got the last five.” I replied snidely.

“Okay if I get this one, you can have…….this one.” She said pulling out a picture and handing it to me while pulling the other out of my hands and putting it onto her dresser. Then I looked at the picture that she had given to me. It was a picture of Nick and Brittney making funny faces at the camera. I turned to look at Aimee who was hysterical laughing in the doorway to her room. I gave her a death glare.

“You cheater, I don’t want this one!”

“Why not? It’s your brother.”

“And you’re sister.”

Step-sister. See, I knew you’d like it!” She said and ran away with me hobbling close behind. She barely made it into the living room before I tackled her onto the couch. She laughed some more before she kissed me which made me laugh. Then I realized my leg was killing me, and then I was really tired. I looked up and her and she smirked at her slyness by jip ping me out of that picture.

“Alright, let’s go finish up those boxes.” I said.

“Okey dokey.” She said.

Aimee hopped off the couch and we walked up the stairs back into her bedroom. The pile left of stuff was really small now, just a few minor things which we could split up and put away easily. Although, I was pretty shocked when she handed me back my Ray-bans willingly. No complaining or debating, not even bargaining. She just handed them right on over to me no questions asked.

“So what? No debating over these?” I asked questionably.

“Nope, I don’t look good in them, and besides I have a better pair.” She said pulling out a pair of aviators and put them on.

“My, my aren’t you funny?”

“Yes, yes I am.” She said and giggled, I gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“You know, I think I just may love you.”

“Oh really? Well I think I just might love you too.” She replied, getting closer and then my phone rang totally ruining the moment.

I sighed and picked it up due to the fact that the called ID said ‘Mom ’. I opened the phone unhappily and she told me I had to come home and watch Frankie for her. But thankfully she said I could bring Aimee along with me, since it was last minute and Kevin didn’t show up to watch him like he was supposed to.

*Kevin’s P.O.V.

I sat on my bed with my notebook sitting in front of me, taunting me, practically begging me to write a song about how I was feeling. No words or melodies could even come somewhat close to describing how I was feeling at this very moment. I had called Anna’s cell phone repeatedly, but no answer. I even called the house, but her mom covered for her. I knew she was covering because I heard Anna in the background telling her mom to say that she was out. Did I truly mess up that badly? I took a deep breath, and then I heard some noise from Nick’s room so I went in to check on him. He was half-way inside of his closet with tons of his clothes on the floor. Lately he’s been a little scatterbrained, and I think he’s finally cracked and gone over the edge.

“Nick, what in the world are you doing?” I asked, questioning his odd behavior.

“Looking for something, now go you’re distracting me!” He shouted and I rolled my eyes.

I decided it would probably be best if I left and didn’t push it. He’s been so unlike himself, you would never know which Nick you’d get. Maybe a happy Nick, or a sad one, or a depressed one, lonely, confused. To be honest I was ready to declare him bipolar. So I walked over to my room and sat down on my bed eyeing my phone steadily. Finally I got fed up with everything, I wasn’t going to sit around and watch while the love of my life hated me for some unknown reason. I needed to do something and fast, so I grabbed my keys running out of the house barely saying goodbye to my mom and promising to be back in time to watch Frankie. I was a man on a mission and I wouldn’t be stopped until Anna, the person I loved most in this world, was back in my arms. She means way too much to me for me to do anything less.

I jumped into my car excitedly ready to go. I drove to the florist to pick up a bouquet of roses, pink ones to be exact. Then I was off to go get Anna’s favorite chocolates, a box of Dove miniatures. Next, I was off to her house going significantly over the speed limit, but luckily not getting pulled over or crashing. Finally, I was in front of her house, that was when my nerves kicked in. What exactly was I supposed to say to her? Apologize…for what exactly? See that was the inevitable question, I still had no idea what I had done wrong. Then I snapped out of it knowing I just had to do it and see what would happen. So, I got out of the car knocking cautiously still wondering what I was going to say when she opened the door. Although, luckily it was Helen who opened the door with a confused expression on her face.

“Well hello Kevin, uh as I told you on the phone Anna’s not home.” She said unconvincingly.

“Really? Then why is her car parked in the driveway?” I countered.

“Uhh….she-” Helen began only for Anna to walk up to the door.

“Mom, who’s at the doo- Oh hi Kevin.” She said shocked and looked down at her feet.

“I’m going to go, come on Lilly let’s go upstairs.” Helen said quickly, and they ran upstairs.

I saw the two of them sprint up the steps, and Anna continued to stare at her feet as if it was going to make me disappear. Or at least she hoped so. She seemed embarrassed, or was it uncomfortable. It was hard to tell considering she wasn’t looking at me or saying anything, not a thing. Not one single sign. I took a deep breath getting to speak, but Anna interrupted me her voice quivering. It sounded pained. I could almost feel the breakup coming, and I had to stop it.

“Kevin, I know that yester-”

“Anna, I’m sorry.” I said, handing her the flowers and chocolates, which made her eyes tear up and she looked at me finally. “I didn’t know you weren’t ready for that next step yet or else I wouldn’t have said it to you. We can just pretend it didn’t happen if you want, but please, please don’t leave me. I don’t know what I’d do without you around. I love you,” I told her whispering the end.

“No, no, no. Kevin to be honest it freaked me out a bit when you said that, which is why I acted so irrationally. The last time I heard someone say that to me I found out that later on that night they cheated on me. I was just scared the same thing would happen again, but it was stupid to be scared. I realize that now, you would never do that to me. Kevin, I love you.” She said looking me in the eyes sweetly.

“I love you too, Anna.” I replied kissing her.

“Why don’t you come in for a minute?” She asked.

“Sure, but only for a little while because I have to watch Frankie.”

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

I pulled up in front of the Jonas’ and Joe hopped inside with me right behind him. Like a good gentleman he held the door open for me and we both walking inside. I looked into the living room where Mrs. Jonas was sitting in the living room playing UNO with Frankie, and she had her coat on and pocketbook ready to go. Man he was lucky to have such an awesome mom, who was here for him. She stood up when we got into the living room giving the two of us quick hugs hello.

“Thank you so much for watching him, Kevin had promised he would be here to watch him, but I don’t know where he went. And I called him plenty of times, but of course his phone was on the table. So then I was going to leave him with Nick, who’s upstairs by the way, but you know…..” She said trailing off, we all knew what she meant.

“No big deal Denise, actually I think it’s best that you left him with the two of us than just Nick.” I said.

“Yeah mom, no big deal! And I wouldn’t mind chillin’ out here.” He said sitting down and stretching out his arms.

“Alright, I’ll see you two in an hour or so. Don’t let Joe touch the stove!” She said and left in a rush.

The two of us walked into the living room, where Frankie was mourning his lost UNO partner. He convinced me to play in her place which I did while Joe laughed at how I kept losing continuously. While playing about our 6th game I realized I had to go to the bathroom, so Joe took over for me while I left to go do just that. I walked over to where it was when I saw a tuxedo clad Nick looking very dashing. The only thing that didn’t make sense was where was he going. Supposedly they were completely and totally free today.

“Well, hello, where are you going mister?”

“Out.” He said bluntly.

“Oh okay, I guess I’ll see you later then.” I said awkwardly.

I still wasn’t used to his sporadic mood swings, I went to the bathroom and walked back to the living room pondering Nick’s odd behavior and outfit choice. It was kind of weird, but then again he hasn’t been the same since they broke up. And what was with the tux anyway? Maybe he was going on a date or something. I sat down on the couch and gave Joe a kiss only to realized that he was winning the game. No fair! How come everyone is so much better than me at this game? Then I felt my phone go off with my text message ringtone and I checked it.

Danny and I kissed! Well he kissed me….
~Britt

So I texted her back.

OMG! Did you kiss back? Are you going out?!
I need more info quick!!!
~Aimee

I looked at Joe still shocked at her text message, but he didn’t notice. He was too busy arguing with Frankie, because apparently Frankie had accused him of cheating. I laughed because the truth was Joe probably did cheat, and then I thought of the text again. Joe looked at me mid-scream and noticed that I kept glancing at my phone. Generally she texts back really fast, but I received no reply which only made me wonder more about what was going on at that wedding.

“Uh, Aimee why do you keep looking at your phone? You seem really paranoid.” He said observantly.

“I just got a text from Brittney saying her and Danny kissed. That’s all, no explanation, no more information. And then I texted her back asking for more information, and I got no reply. You should know by now how when we text I get a text back like right away.”

“Hmm….that is weird. Well I guess Nick’s going to be a bit more moody when he finds out about this.” Joe said, shrugging it off.

“Speaking of which, where was he going?”

“What are you talking about? We’re supposed to have the day to relax, and he didn’t tell us he was going anywhere.” He said totally baffled like me.

“Well technically he told me, but his response was ‘out’ so does that count? When I went to the bathroom I saw him all dressed up in a tux and he wouldn’t tell me exactly where he was going. He just walked right out the door.” I said and then thought about where he could be physically going.

The Wedding.” We said in unison.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it’s taken so long for an update. Feel free to yell at me. In fact please do, because I would really love some comments! Love you all and please don’t kill me for that cliffhanger ending!

~dancerbabe365