Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Two Kisses

Image



*Brittney’s P.O.V.

I fixed Felicia’s dress, she looked beautiful. Like a true blushing bride. My dad was so excited for today, everyone was happy and smiling. I stood up smoothing out my dress so it wouldn’t wrinkle. All the bridesmaids were smiling and giggling. My older cousin Emma walked up to me squeezing my shoulders. Her smile was so reassuring and happy, and that was one of the reasons she was my favorite cousin.

“You nervous?” She asked.

“Nah, it’s just weird having everything move so quickly.” I smiled.

“Okay, good. Now get online it’s almost time.”

I got on the line with Danny sliding to my side sticking out his arm towards me. I wrapped my arm around his and we began walking down the aisle beginning the precession. Everyone lined up near the alter, my dad smiling like I’ve never seen him before. And I watched as the tears formed in his eyes as Felicia gracefully walked down the aisle. This was probably one of the happiest moments in his life.

I thought about how perfect everything was at this very moment. I looked across at Danny who winked at me, sending my heart fluttering. Everything was finally coming together just like I had been waiting for. Once the vows and ‘I do’s’ were over we began piling into the limos. I lifted my foot to step into my limo, but Danny pulled me over to the side where we were all alone. I looked at his questionably.

“What are you doing? We have-” I was cut off by his lips.

I kissed back, wanting so badly for it to feel the way I had dreamt it would. I tried kissing him again, praying to feel something, and grew limp, realizing there was nothing there. Nothing was going to happen, no matter how badly I wanted something to. My eyes locked with his, he didn’t look the same way to me anymore, just like a best friend or brother. This was not the fairy tale ending I wanted.

“Uh-”

“Danny, I want to be honest with you. I think we should stay friends. I don’t want to wreck our friendship…Are you okay?” I asked, because his face was getting rather pale.

“Yeah…uh…totally, I feel the same way. Well, we better get going.” he said shrugging his shoulder, somewhat sadly.

“Oh, you’re right…I guess I’ll see you at the party. Save me a dance.”

He nodded and I hopped into the limo. Emma hopped over a few of the giggling bridesmaids to sit next to me. I watched as her eyes observed my expression, and while she looked over me, I got my emotions in check. I was still shocked that I hadn’t felt anything in that kiss. Was that even physically possible? Why did the heavens have to torture me? I started to get over Nick and it all came crashing back down on me. I wish I could just give in already.

“You alright?” Emma asked.

“Yeah, I mean, I guess.”

“What happened, sweetheart?” she continued, tilting her head.

“Okay, so I’ve been crushing on Danny, which you knew. Well, we kissed. But I felt nothing! Zip! Nada! Nothing! I just don’t get it.”

“Maybe better things are planned for the two of you.”

“I guess you’re right.” I sighed and realized I hadn’t told Aimee about it yet. I sent a quick text to her and set the bag on my seat. The limo pulled out in front of the hall where the reception was taking place. We all stepped out, walking in. I could help but feel like I was missing something. I shrugged it off and walked into the hall.

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

I began having a mental breakdown, hyperventilating. Joe’s face held no emotion, but his eyes were wide open, staring at the blank TV screen. My reactions were amazingly fast when I heard the door open. I was up, dragging Joe behind me. He let go of my hand and we came face to face with Kevin, who was flustered at our sudden appearance. I reached up and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, and ran into my car, seeing a blur of Joe following me. I heard Kevin call after us.

“Where in the world are you going?”

“The wedding! Nick, the oh-so-bipolar one, went there. But don’t tell Mom! And play with Frankie! Tell him I forfeit!” Joe shouted, and he shut the door.

I pulled out of the driveway and asked Joe to program the hall’s address into the GPS on my iPhone. He sent texts to Brittney and Nick, trying to track them down and avoid the incoming confrontation. Neither of them answered the texts or calls. I started speeding, attempting to get there before Nick did, or before anything bad happened at least. Why is this happening right now? Since when did Nick get so stupid?

I took a deep breath, calming myself and trying to find the bright side. Unfortunately, no bright side appeared in my mind. Next thing I knew, bright red and blue lights were shining towards my car. I pulled over and slammed my head on the wheel, in happiness of how well everything was going. Just perfect. Now we might not make it in time. I clicked the button to roll down the window, so I could speak with the officer.

“License and registration?’ he asked, holding out his hand.

“Right here, sir,” I said, handing them to him.

“I’ll be back in a moment,” he said, and walked to his car behind us.

I sighed and slumped down in my seat. There goes my perfect driving record. I swear if my keys get taken away from me by my dad, Nick is so so so so dead. As if he wasn’t already. I would make him wish th- I felt two hands hold one of mine reassuringly. My lips pecked his, and I turned myself to look out the window when Joe began massaging my shoulders as a comforting motion. It actually felt really good, considering the stress that was building up inside me. I caught sight of the cop walking back toward us, and I rolled down the window for him again.

“Here you go. The ticket is $250. Drive safely from now on, and make sure not to go over the speed limit,” he said, handing me everything, including the ticket.

“Will do, officer,” I said, nodding.

I rolled back up the window and sighed, slapping myself on the forehead. Joe laughed, and I slapped him in the chest, which made him laugh harder. I shoved the ticket, license and such into my pocketbook and started to drive again. I heard a clash of thunder from ahead, there was a storm coming, but it wasn’t quite raining yet. I drove a little bit more and I felt a pair of eyes watching me really closely, which was pissing me off immensely.

“What the hell do you want?!” I screamed, taking a peek at him and refocusing on the road.

“It’s just funny how such a little thing could piss you off so quickly.”

“Joe, I’m not in the mood,” my voice said as I placed one hand on the gear shift.

“I’m sorry,” he said, taking my hand off the gear shift and intertwining it with his.

“It’s alright,” I sighed.

I watched as the signs passed, signaling that we were getting closer to the hall. But of course, why should everything go so smoothly. I felt my steering becoming harder to keep straight and heard a pop noise. I gripped the wheel tightly with both hands and pulled off the highway. My heart beat widely as I stepped out of the car to see what had happened. Apparently, the front passenger’s side wheel had blown out. I screamed in frustration and, as if just to get me angrier, it began pouring rain. The kind of rain that could flood cities in seconds. I was soaked to the core, when I felt Joe’s arms wrap around my waist, attempting to calm me down again.

“It’s okay, we’ll be on the road in no time. Where’s your jack and spare tire?”

“In the trunk,” I said, clicking the button on my remote key.

He pulled them out, with my help, and we rolled the wheel to the front of the car. I looked at Joe, wondering what we were supposed to do next. His hands went toward the jack, and I got it for him. I began shivering at the coldness of the rain. The jack pulled up the car and we took off the first tire, and replaced it with the second. He lowered the jack and the two of us put the old wheel into the trunk. I went and put the jack into the trunk as well, slamming the truck door closed angrily. I was now cold, wet, and fined for $250. Nick is freaking dead. D-E-A-D DEAD! And he is so paying this freaking ticket. And the new spare tire as well. Agh! I walked over to Joe, who was staring at the car in horror.

“What’s wrong, Joe?” I asked tentatively, not really wanting to know the answer.

“Please tell me you have the keys,” he said looking at me.

“Oh my God! Ahhhh!!!” I screamed, remembering throwing the keys into the front seat to help Joe put on the second tire. I ran up to the door, pulling at it uncontrollably, practically pulling off the handle. There was no way this could be happening right now! No way! And then I heard some uncontrollable laughter coming from Joe’s direction. I wheeled around, giving Joe the evil eye. He was dangling the car keys in front of me. I snatched them out of his hands and got into the car, locking it before Joe could get in. He banged on the window as I turned on the car, and heat to warm myself up. I gave him a nice smirk, and then unlocked the door, feeling bad for him.

“That wasn’t a very funny joke,” he said.

“I’m aware. And neither was yours,” I snapped back.

This day was just not going well, at all. I pulled back onto the highway, driving again, although this time slower due to the wet roads. Joe’s hand slid on top of mine, almost as a silent apology, which I accepted by taking it, and holding his hand. In the back of my head, I was running through all the things I would do to Nick once I got my hands on his sorry butt. Oh, he is in so deep. He is in so deep, so deep that no one would be able to find him. I heard my phone vibrate with a text, and Joe opened it, reading the text out loud.

I told Mom you went on a date, and then came back to pick up Nick.
I said I didn’t know where you went.
~Kevin

“Alright, so we’re covered for a little while, or at least until curiosity kicks in and she calls to see where we went,” I said.

“You know, I love you,” he said smiling.

“I love you, too,” I said, glancing at him, and then at the dashboard, “Oh, no! Please, not now.”

“What? What?!” Joe asked.

“We’re practically out of gas! No, no, no, no, no!” I shouted, ready to lose it.

“Don’t worry, there’s a gas station on the next exit, so just pull off and we’ll fill it up. We can make it, right?”

“I think so, I hope so at least.”

I veered over into the right lane, ready to get off at the upcoming exit. Luckily, the car had enough gas to pull up to one of the stations, and then it died with absolutely no gas left. I unbuckled my seatbelt, and patted around for my wallet. All four pockets were empty, my heart beat sped up, ready to freak out. I jumped out of the car and popped the trunk, searching for my bag, with no such luck. Joe came up behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder and speaking with that calming tone, so I didn’t have a heart attack right then and there.

“Aimee, calm down. I’ll pay for it,” he said, closing the trunk and patted his pockets for his wallet.

“Joe, honey, please tell me you have your wallet,” I said freaking out again.

“Uh-oh,” he said, pulling out the insides of his pockets. I leaned against the car and started laughing hysterically. Joe’s face looked totally confused and nervous at all the attention I was attracting. But I didn’t care and just started to laugh harder. I slid down the car, sitting on the floor against the passenger side door, still laughing. Finally I saw Joe slide down next to me, laughing too. I tried to catch my breath and did once a little girl around 13 walked up to me. I looked up at her and so did Joe.

“Uh, hi. Are you Aimee McAdams?”

“Uh yeah,” I said, and let out a chuckle.

“Oh my gosh! And you’re Joe Jonas!” she squealed.

“That’s me,” Joe said, letting out a laugh.

“I’m Debbie, are you having car troubles?”

“Yeah, we kind of ran out of gas and then realized neither of us has money,” Joe said meekly.

“Wow, that sucks. I’m sure I can help you out though.” And then she motioned to an older woman, who walked towards us smiling. I saw a flash of recognition go across her face as she looked at me and Joe.

“Debbie, what do you need?”

“You know Aimee and Joe. They ran out of gas money. You think we could help them out?”

“Of course,” she said, and walked over to the station, sticking in her credit card. Joe went over to help her pump the gas while I looked at Debbie, smiling that there were such nice people in the world. I stood up and gave her a hug.

“Thank you so much Debbie, oh man do I owe you.”

“No problem. And I was wondering if I could have a picture with you and Joe.”

“Of course, you could have a whole photo shoot if you want. Here give me your phone, I’ll record one of those message thingies and I have sharpie pens in my car if you want me to sign anything.”

“Wow thanks. You know the media really doesn’t do you justice.”

I smiled and she pulled out her phone. I recorded a message telling people to leave a message after the tone. Her mom took a picture of the two of us, then us and Joe, and then Joe and Debbie. The final picture was just Joe and I. He was holding me bridal style and I was laughing. After I signed a few things for her, we got back on the road, hoping we wouldn’t have anymore car troubles. After a little while I pulled off of an exit, seeing the hall in front of me, with Nick and Brittney looking at each other. No!

*Nick’s P.O.V.

I walked towards the hall when it started raining. I took off the jacket to my tux and covered my head, when I saw Brittney run out into the pouring rain, looking frantic. She looked beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. If only she was mine. I walked up behind her and tapped her shoulder cautiously. She turned around slowly, looking at me shocked, and a strand of wet hair fell in front of her eyes, so I pushed it behind her ear and laughed. I wanted to say something, but seeing her, being so close to her, was stopping me from saying anything. Finally I worked up the courage to say something, knowing she wasn’t going to.

“Why are you out in the rain?” I asked. She looked significantly traumatized.

“Something’s happened and I can’t find my ba-hey, no! Okay, you cannot be here right now! How did you even get here?!” she shouted at me over the rain.

“I have my ways,” I replied, attempting to seem mysterious.

“Whatever, but why are you here? Huh? After all you’ve done to me, you just couldn’t let me be happy for once. You weren’t quite done yet.”

“No!” I shouted after she began to walk away, and she turned around.

“What do you want from me Nick? Forgiveness?!” Brittney screeched, walking back towards me, getting very close.

“I want you to listen to me.”

“Well who cares what you want! No one’s ever cared what I wanted,” she said, and I attempted to pull her into a hug. She pounded her fists on my chest harshly and screamed at me. “No! Why are you here, Nick?! Just leave me alone, you’ve hurt me enough. No, no, no, no, no…”

She screamed trailing off and then finally breaking out into a burst of sobs. I place on hand on the back of her head, and rubbed her back as she cried. He fists clenched my shirt, and then she looked up. It was almost as if she needed help. Life hasn’t been too sweet to her lately. I felt terrible, knowing that most of this was my fault. I should’ve just listened to her in the first place, and realized Selena’s intensions. I looked at her sincerely. This was my fault.

“Brittney, I know you’re mad and everything but let me explain,” I said and she looked at me, which as I took as a yes. “I always assume the best of people, you know that, and since Selena was so nice around me, I never would’ve thought anything until you said something. I was stupid not to listen, I’m so sorry.”

“And the kiss?”

“I didn’t know you knew about that.”

“Oh? And what’s that supposed to mean? You weren’t going to tell me, were you?! See?! You’re still the same. You haven’t changed a bit.” she shouted angrily.

“No, I was, just not yet.”

“So, you weren’t going to say anything until the time was convenient?!”

“No, just until you had calmed down, so you wouldn’t react like this!” I shouted. Things weren’t supposed to be going like this. This was not what I had imagined. This seemed more like an end than a new beginning.

“Oh, I get it. So now let’s go ahead and blame all this on me!”

“Brittney, no! Just listen! She kissed me! I didn’t kiss back, and you know it! She grabbed my hands and she must have seen you coming. You know it! You know I’m telling you the truth!”

“I don’t know, Nick,” she said looking away.

Then I seized my chance, grabbing her chin to turn her face towards mine. And then I kissed her with everything that I had, and it felt amazing. Oh how I’ve been waiting to kiss her again. My heart pounded and the kiss just felt so right. My hands were gripped on her shoulders with hers holding onto my face. She kissed back with a little bit of intensity, it felt just like it had before. And then stopped. Not only did she stop, she shoved me backwards.

I watched as her small frame shook, and I reached out to touch her, only for my hand to be slapped away. Her head as in her hands and it looked as if she was crying, and then she looked up at me ferociously. What was happening?

“No. I can’t do this with you! And how dare you! After all you’ve put me through!”

“Brittney-”

“No!” she screamed stepping away from me.

“Brittney, I’m sorry. I really am,” I said, hurt, and I stepped towards her, enveloping her in a hug. When her sobs had calmed down, I held her away from me so she could look into my eyes.

“Can we at least be friends?” I asked, pleadingly.

“I guess,” she said.

“Can you come home, too?” I said, “Everyone has missed you so much.”

“Yeah,” she said, cracking a smile. “You know I’ve never cried so hard over a guy before…and that’s not really helping the just friends thing is it?”

“Not particularly,” I said and laughed. I let go of her shoulders and looked at her face smiling. It felt nice to smile again, and then I saw a pair of head lights. I recognized the car and realized I was so screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, this one got out considerably quicker? Right? Well I hope the cliff hanger from the last part didn’t kill you too much! But I want to hear what you think about what happened in this part! So comment!

~dancerbabe365