Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Truth or Dare

*Nick’s P.O.V.

Shoot! I span around as a furious Aimee grabbed my arm, giving me the most deadly glare I had ever seen. I could only thank goodness that looks cannot kill. Joe gently placed a hand on her shoulder as if to calm her down. Unfortunately, it was unsuccessful, because I felt her wrath head on. Her pointer finger was shoved in my face as she yelled at me with everything she had in her.

NICHOLAS JERRY JONAS! I cannot believe you! You, my friend, are in so much trouble! You are so lucky that we covered for you!”

“You mean, Kevin covered for him.” Joe added in.

“Shut up, Joe!” She screamed at Joe and then turned back towards me, “I am furious that you left without saying anything to your brother or me! What did you think you were doing?” Joe looked at her as she yelled that last part.

“I’m sorry.” I said. Aimee gave me a questionable look. Almost as if she was shocked at what I said.

“You’re sorry?” she asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Yes, I am.”

“That doesn’t get you out of the $250 you owe me, or the spare tire that you have to replace!” She said sternly.

Woah, hold up. What?” I said, completely thrown off. What the heck had happened in the few hours I had been gone?

“In an attempt to track you down my front tire popped, I got a speeding ticket, and I ran out of gas. But lucky for you, you don’t have to pay for that one, a very nice fan’s mom did.”

“Hey, hey, hey. Absolutely none of those were my fault!”

“They all happened because I was searching for you!”

“Did I ask you to come look for me? Was I lost?” I asked, raising an eyebrow skillfully. Aimee gave me the dirtiest look she could conjure up. I have to admit, it did scare me a little. “Okay, okay. I’ll pay for it. I was just proving a point!”

I could see Brittney laughing behind me, and so was Joe. Aimee gave me one last quick look, and then turned towards Brittney. They smiled at each other and gave each other a huge hug that could easily prove how close they were to each other. Even to a random stranger walking down the block. I looked around and laughed at everyone who was now totally soaked, although Aimee and Joe didn’t look so bad considering they were wearing normal clothes. Meanwhile, Brittney and I were wearing a tux and a dress. The girls’ make-up was running down their faces, but it didn’t stop Brittney from looking beautiful.

“Why don’t we all go inside the hall for a minute, so I can say goodbye. Then we can go.” Brittney said.

“Say goodbye?” Aimee asked.

“Yeah, Nick convinced me to come home.” Brittney said. Aimee squealed, wrapping her arms around her step-sister, and jumped up and down. Then she turned around again to look at me seriously.

“I guess you’re off the hook this time for getting her to come home.”

“How nice of you.”

Brittney lead us inside, but we just stood by the door while she said goodbye to everyone except a specific someone. I didn’t let the thought linger, as she hugged her newlywed father and step-mom. Her father nodded at us and gave his only daughter one sad last hug goodbye. We walked out to Aimee’s car, and the rain had finally stopped. Brittney hopped into the passenger seat, while Joe and I got into the back. Aimee drove us to Brittney’s dad’s house, and Brittney got out promising to be back in a minute. The silence was deafening, until Aimee laughed quietly to herself.

“What’s so funny?” Joe asked.

“Nothing.” She said, and then we both gave her the look. “Okay, I just find it slightly funny that no matter what you two do to us, or how badly you deserve to beaten up. The two of us always end up running back into your arms.”

“Not exactly.” I mumbled, looking down.

“What do you mean not exactly?” Aimee questioned whipping her head around to look at me in the eyes.

“We’re not together.” I said quietly.

I silently thanked the lord as Brittney walked out of her house just as I had said that. Joe and I got out of the car and placed her suitcases in the trunk and we all got back into the car. On the way home we listened to music, and Brittney told us all about what she had done during her stay with her father. Thankfully, she rarely spoke about Danny, but more about the interesting parts to finish planning the wedding. I have to admit, some of the stories were pretty funny.

“-and then she went flying into the cake. It went everywhere!”

Everyone laughed at the interesting end to her story. But as I laughed I still felt that hole in my heart. Having Brittney home again had mended it a little bit, but the ache was still there. And I knew exactly why.

*Anna’s P.O.V.

I laughed as Kevin nuzzled his head into my neck and he kissed my collarbone. Being with Kevin always makes me happy, and I’m even happier considering we’re home alone lying on his couch. He kissed the other side of my neck and I giggled. Kevin, was the reason and is the reason I live and wake up in the morning. He kissed my neck one final time and I gripped his face, pulling it up so he was looking me in the eyes.

“Try up here, lover-boy.” I said and a smile grew on his face.

We kissed for a while longer and then we just laid there on the couch side by side. The heat of his body was radiating onto me, and it felt nice. I loved being with him, I just loved him in general. I held my right arm in front of me, looking at the beautiful bracelet my boyfriend had given me. The inscription made me smile every time I read it, and trust me that was more than three times a day. The inscription was engraved into my mind, I could never forget it. Kevin’s arm tightened around my waist and we both groaned when we heard a car pull into the driveway. Then we head a few people let themselves into the house.

Kevin and I sat up straight on the couch not knowing who was at the door. After hearing a familiar voice, Joe’s, call for Kevin the two of us headed towards the door hand-in-hand. Kevin had filled me in on everything that he knew once I had come over. All I could hope was that Nick hadn’t done too much damage, because I had that feeling in my gut that they weren’t able to stop him. My eyes popped open wide when I saw Brittney standing there.

Brittney!” I screamed hugging one of my best friends. “Oh, I missed you so much!”

“I missed you too!” She giggled hugging me back, even tighter than I was holding her.

Kevin gave Brittney a hug as well, and he told her how happy he was that she was back. Finally, we decided it was time for some girl time, well I decided anyway. So Aimee and Brittney drove in Aimee’s car back to their house and I followed them in my car. I walked into the house right behind my two best friends, smiling that they were both finally back home. We each took a suitcase and pulled them up the stairs into Brittney’s room where Rover was sitting by her bed diligently. He barked in excitement as she dropped the suitcase she was holding and wrapped him in a big hug and scratched him everywhere.

“Rover, buddy! I missed you so much!” She screeched, scratching him some more. “I love being home.” Brittney laid herself down onto her bed, with Rover hopping onto it next to her.

“We missed you being home too!” Aimee said, “So tell us everything! I want to know! What happened with Danny? And Nick?”

“Oh we just kissed, no biggie, and again we just kissed no biggie.” She said, shrugging her shoulders innocently. I knew it was a big fat lie though, and I also knew Aimee probably wouldn’t pick up on it. Aimee’s forte has never been picking up on when her sister’s upset, she’s always been a bit oblivious to that type of stuff. Not her fault, just a part of her always present state of happiness.

Knowing that Aimee sometimes is not Brittney’s favorite person to confide in, I suggested that Aimee to go pick up some Chinese food for us. To stall a little more I suggested she pick up ice cream for all of us as well. It wasn’t that Brittney didn’t love Aimee with all of her heart, but sometimes she could be a little biased. Especially, since she’s now once again dating Nick’s older brother. I heard the door close as Aimee walked out, and then sat on the bed next to Britt.

“Babe, we both know you were lying before. Do you want to talk about it?”

“Yes,” She whispered hoarsely, breaking into tears.

“Oh come here.” I said, pulling her into a hug as she cried gently. Rover put his head on her lap, and Romeo walked into the room causing her to stifle a giggle. “Looks like they want to hear too.”

“Okay, I’m good.” She said, sniffling then sitting up. “At the wedding, well right before we got into the limo for the reception Danny pulled me to the side. And then he kissed me, but I felt nothing. Then low and behold Nick shows up at the reception, and we fought, then he kissed me. I turned both of them down! And I can’t believe it! This is ridiculous. How can two guys tear me apart so quickly?

“Maybe I should’ve said yes to Danny. I mean on my first kiss with Blake I didn’t really feel anything, not that that’s a great example. But I started to feel something more in our kisses as they went on, so maybe I should give him a shot. And with Nick, I just don’t want my heart broken again. Like, the spark was there, but it was different. That kiss didn’t feel like the one’s we had shared before. Maybe the fear was what was driving me away, I don’t know. It’s all maybes and I don’t knows! It’s confusing, and I have no idea what to do.”

“Hun, I have some advice for you.”

“Thank goodness!”

“It’s not the advice you’re thinking of. First off, I know boys are a big deal and all, but they really aren’t everything. Especially if they’re not doing you any good. I think it would be best if you flew solo for a while, learn to be more independent. I can’t always give you the answers. I think you need to learn how to answer some of your own questions. Hey, do you remember how when we used to be all hardcore into music, and you used to write? Those songs you wrote meant so much to you, and don’t you remember them making you feel better?”

“Of course I do.”

“Then try that.”

“Thanks Anna,” She said giving me a hug. “It wasn’t the answer I wanted, but I think that you’re right.”

“So are you excited for your 19th birthday next month?”

“Of course, I think we’re going to do something small. Maybe we’ll all go out to dinner some place nice.”

“Sounds nice. I’m excited. Want to help me start unpacking?”

I nodded at her and we began unpacking her suitcase until Aimee got home holding Chinese food and everything you could ever think to eat on top of an ice cream sundae. She also had 4 pints worth of different ice creams. We helped her bring in the groceries putting everything away and started eating the food she had brought. We all cleaned up after finishing and then went upstairs to unpack more of Brittney’s stuff. Aimee put in her iPod and blasted ‘Just Dance’ by Lady Gaga, and we sang and danced around the room as we set everything back up. Brittney stopped dancing around for a minute, looking at her counter as if something was missing, this made me nervous so I ran to her aide just in case.

“There was a picture there of me and Nick before I left. Where is it?” She asked and then quickly caught herself, “Not that it matters, I was just wondering.”

“Oh it’s in my room.” Aimee said. “I tried to give it to Joe as a joke when we were unpacking those boxes I had given him.”

She ran into her room with the picture, and placed it back into its spot. Once Brittney turned around, going back to dancing, Aimee lifted an eyebrow at me. She knew something was up. Not wanting to give away what Brittney had told me I shrugged. Brittney trusted me with this, if Aimee wanted to know she could just ask Britt herself. We finished unpacking all of her stuff and danced around some more. I looked around and the room looked so much livelier now that Britt was back. No it looked like someone actually lived in there. I smiled as we just gave each other a group hug and it felt so nice to finally have my two best friends back with me.

After another song we went downstairs to make ice cream sundaes. Mine had so much whipped cream on it that you couldn’t even see the toppings since they had sun inside the massive blob. I walked over to Aimee to get a few cherries when I saw Brittney stand up with the whipped cream bottle, so I stepped back. Aimee just looked at me until Britt sprayed whipped cream all over her face and then she ran. They chased after each other until Brittney had enough of a lead to stick the can of whipped cream back into the fridge and then jump up to sit on the countertop. I jumped up and sat next to her laughing. Then Aimee came in with smudge whipped cream all over her, I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the kitchen.

“Come here, let’s clean you off.” I said, taking a wet paper towel to help clean all the whipped cream off.

“Thanks,”

“No problem.”

*Brittney’s P.O.V.

I watched as Anna helped Aimee get all of the whipped cream out of her hair and off of her face, while I laughed. It got to the point where I began tearing. It was priceless, especially when I sprayed it at her in the first place. Once everything was off of her face she stomped over to me with her arms crossed, giving me the stink-eye. I laughed again not being able to control it for a second longer. She gave me another look and then Anna started to talk in order to save me from the pain Aimee was definitely about to inflict upon me. She’s always been the mediator/mother out of the three of us.

“So how about we go do something else!” She exclaimed.

“Yeah! Hmm…let’s play truth or dare!” I yelled, thinking of how much fun it would be to get Aimee again. Aimee and Anna nodded their heads. We walked into the living room and sat on the floor in a circle. “Who wants to go first?”

“Why don’t you start since it was your idea and Aimee can truth or dare you?” Anna said, and then shock hit her as she realized what she had just done. Aimee smiled deviously and rubbed her hands together.

“I dare you to run around outside in your sports bra and underwear. Aaaaaand….to talk to the first person in the first car to pass by.”

“Okay,” I said shaking her hand knowing I was going to get her so bad when it came time when it was turn for me to truth or dare someone. So, I slithered off my shorts so I was in my boy-shorts underwear, and I took off my shirt so I was just wearing my sports bra. I ran outside, smiling and laughing. Well, I was until a black Hummer pulled up to my house, and over to the side of the road. Three familiar shocked heads popped out of the windows with their eyes opened wide. Oops.

“What the heck do you think your doing?!” Joe shouted, and Nick began taking off his jacket for me to wear, which was kind of sweet. I walked over to the passenger seat window where Joe was sitting, and I leaned against the car.

“Eh, I was dared.” I said, trying to play it off like I was cool. But in all truth, I was kind of embarrassed. Aimee was definitely getting a kick out of this.

“To do what exactly?! Be a poster child for a strip club?! ARE YOU INSANE!?”

“I don’t think that’s a question I have to answer, right?” I said, scrunching my face up.

“Take my jacket!” Nick shouted, flipping out in the back as he tried to give me his coat.

“I’m good, thanks. So Joe, can you go on a date with Aimee tomorrow night?” I asked deviously.

“Yeah, why?”

“Because she was going to ask you, but since I’m talking to your know I’ll save her the effort.” Oh this was going to be amazing.

“Oh well tell her I’ll pick her up at eight.”

“She’ll be here! Bye boys!” I said walking into the house, gracefully swaying my hips as I walked back into the house. Take that. Both girls looked at me laughing once I stepped into the house. Oh ho ho, but they didn’t know my dare yet. “Hey Aimee! Guess what, I’ve got your dare!”

“Oh no.” She said with nervousness showing on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here’s part 14! This was kind of a filler part, sorry. But I would like to thank you all for your lovely comments which inspire me to keep going! Sorry it took so long, but I’m trying. Well I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know what you think in the comments section please!

~dancerbabe365