Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Sluts. Secrets. And Sunny Side.

*Brittney’s P.O.V.

I felt my knees shake as I held my books, walking over to my locker. I hated the first day of school, ever since kindergarten. Every year it was the same. People are always judging you, sizing everyone up. Making preparations for the year’s social standings. Really superficial stuff. But normally, I pull through the day. Except this year was going to be different. I didn’t have Aimee by my side. I really had no other friends besides her. So basically, I had no friends in this school. Happy happy, joy joy.

I put everything in my locker and set it up, and then looked into the mirror. I fixed my hair when I heard two familiar snickers which I had wished I would never hear again, let alone together. I closed my eyes hard and then whipped around while slamming my locker closed, with my books in my hands. And there stood the two she-devils along with a posse of two other girls, and they were all smirking. How had my life gotten to this point? I just have the best freaking luck.

“Well, well, look who we have here.” Selena chuckled.

“Why are you even here?” I scoffed. “Aren’t you too cool to come to school with the rest of us normal people?”

“I decided I was going to take a break from home schooling, and enjoy the fun of actual schools. And maybe I’ll learn a little bit, unlike you.”

“Oh please. I’m in honors classes you dim-wad. Why are you hanging out with a lowly sophomore anyway?” I asked, jerking my head towards the disturbing blonde next to her.

“For your information we happen to have a lot in common.” Leslie stuck in.

“Oh yeah, that’s right, like losing Nick to me. Now you two can both cry about it together.” I smirked. “Now if you don’t mind, I have to get to class.”

“Oh darling, I don’t think so.” Leslie said slapping my books out of my hands, and onto the floor. She walked up to me, getting in my face. I tried to put on a tough face, but at that moment I felt like crying. I felt like I was back in middle school all over again, and the bullies were torturing me. “I’m going to make sure you’re time in this school a living hell. So you better wat-”

“I suggest you back up, or I will do something you will regret making me do.” A girl said to them giving them a harsh look, and coming to my aide. Her hands were on her hips and a menacing look crossed her face. And then of course Leslie got into her face.

“And what are you going to do about it?”

“I don’t know what she’s going to do, but I sure know what I’m going to do.” A boy said coming to my other side causing each of the girls to back up a few steps. They’re heels clacked on the tiles. I smiled at the boy and the girl, and a sent a smirk towards Selena and Leslie. Then I saw another familiar face come into the group and towards Leslie, and it sent chills down my back. I couldn’t believe he could go from Anna to these jerks. Difference in quality much?

“What’s going on?” Nathan said.

“Nothing darling, I was just leaving.” Leslie said giving me a look. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“You left your textbook in my car after I dropped you off this morning.” He said, and he handed her the textbook which she took.

“Thanks babe,” She said leaning up and giving him a quick peck on the lips. Then her and her high heeled snobs left towards their next class. Once they walked away the girl, the boy, Nathan, and I leaned down to pick up my books. I slapped Nathan’s hand away, before he could touch any of them. After everything he had done, I didn’t want him anywhere near me.

“Get away.” I said, while we all stood up because I had all my books. “I don’t want to see you anymore. No one does.”

“Brittney, we should talk about this. Rea-”

“The girl said she wants you to go. So my suggestion is that you leave.” The boy said darkly, and then Nathan left with a sad glance in my direction. Leaving just me, the boy, and the girl behind. “I’m Jake, and this is Natalie. Welcome to Sunny Side High. Ironic name, I know. We all make fun of it on a daily basis.”

“I’m Brittney, and thanks for before.” I said, shrugging my shoulders shyly.

“You’re welcome. Now let me see your schedule.” Jake said with a smile. I handed him my schedule. Both him and Natalie scoped over it.

“Judging by your schedule we all have the same classes, except for art which you luckily have with Jake.” Natalie said, smiling at me. “Now come on, let’s get to class before we end up being marked late.”

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

I watched as Deb drove Brittney to school, and then I shut the door. I ran up to my room to turn on some music, I turned on ‘How Do You Sleep’ by Jesse McCartney. It reminded me of before. It felt like it had been a year, even though it was so much less. I sat on the bed and listened to the music quietly, slipped into some clothes, and then sat down once again on my bed. I laid down and closed my eyes, letting myself become drowned in the song.

It’s been about a year now
Ain’t seen or heard from you
I been missing you crazy
How do you, how do you sleep?

I found the letter you wrote me
It still smells just like you
Damn, those sweet memories
How do you, how do you sleep? How do you sleep?

Tried my best at moving on
Have yet to find a girl like you
See things now I didn’t before
And I’m wishing I had more time with you

How do you stay awake
Knowing all I do is think of you?
All the things we thought about
That never will happen again, I can just see you

If I had my way I’ll come and get ya girl
In your favorite car with the missing top
Remember around my way where we use to park
And did all those things to steal your heart


Suddenly I felt another body slide into my bed, lying next to me. A very muscular arm wrapped around my waist, it felt comfortable, and really familiar. I felt the person’s grip pull me in closer, and I opened my eyes as wide as physically possible. Lying next to me was Joe, looking quite comfortable with a sweet smile on his face. I smiled at him, and shook my head. He was such a mush ball, but I loved him for it.

“How in the world did you get in my house?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I found your spare key under the welcome mat since you weren’t answering the door. You know that really isn’t the smart place to put it. A tad obvious don’t you think? Plus, I wouldn’t want anyone taking my gorgeous girlfriend away from me, or touching one hair on your beautiful head.” He said, giving me a sly smile which always managed to make my stomach fill with butterflies, and my heart skip a beat.

“Well aren’t you the sweetest boyfriend ever.” I said, pinching my nose to be a bunny nose, and then giving him a quick peck on the lips.

“Well thank you very much.” He said, “I like this song, it reminds me of…”

“I know. It’s called How Do You Sleep by Jesse McCartney.”

“Oh. Well now you and your extremely sweet boyfriend have to get going to that interview.”

“Of course, let’s get going.” I said and stood up. I turned off the music and picked up my bag after sticking my cell phone inside.

We began walking downstairs when I stopped walking and just turned to look at Joe. He looked at me questionably. I really thought what I have been thinking about since yesterday. If I was going to be the girlfriend that I wanted to be, I had to sacrifice some things, and this was one thing that I definitely had to give up. For the sake of us, and the sake of our relationship.

“Joe, I’ve been thinking about us, a lot since yesterday.”

“Oh yeah? Should I be nervous?” He asked, genuinely concerned.

“No, no, of course not. But, I want you to tell everyone that we’re not dating. It’s what you’ve always done, your manager said so, and there’s a chance that it might ruin your image if they knew. You guys have always stuck to keeping your personal lives private, and I don’t want to force you to change that. So don’t say anything. Deny it. Say we’re all still getting to know each other, whatever it takes. I don’t want to come between you and your family either. Stick to your morals, it’s one of the things I love about you.” I said, grabbing his hand, and looking at him.

“What about my good humor and amazingly good looks?” He asked. He could always bring a laugh into a serious conversation.

“Yeah, those too I guess.” I said, stepping up a few steps so we were the same height and I kissed him. “You know your kisses are pretty good too.”

“Thanks, they are pretty good aren’t they? But are you sure you’re okay with this? Because if you’re not I’d rather you tell me.”

“Yeah, I’m sure I’m okay with your kisses.” I said reaching up to give him one more kiss.

“That’s not what I meant. I mean with telling everyone that we’re not together, because I’m not the only person in this relationship. There are two of us and I don’t want to do something that you’re not comfortable or happy with. My family loves you, and I’m sure they’ll understand no matter what decision we make. What is really comes down to is what we want, and I do mean we. The two of us have to decide together.” He said, holding both of my hands and looking very sincere.

“Joe, I know that this is what you want, which makes it what I want. So don’t tell them. I’m positive. Don’t worry about it, I’m happy with this.” I said comfortingly, and placing both of my hands on either sides of his cheeks gently.

“Alright then, our decision is made. Let’s go.” He said grabbing my hands, and we went into Kevin’s car. Joe held the door open for me, and shut it once I was inside. He smiled at me once we got in the car and held one of my hand’s as he drove. I watched as the blocks passed by, as we drove towards the Jonas household. “I’m borrowing Kevin’s car until I get time to buy my own. I was thinking when I get time to go that maybe you’d want to come with me.”

“Sure,” I said sending him a smile, and squeezed his hand a little bit.

We pulled into his driveway and walked inside swinging our hands as we walked up the pathway. Thank goodness there were no paparazzi around today. And just as Joe was about to knock on the door, it opened and the rest of the Jonas’s began piling out and split up into 2 different SUVs which had just pulled up. The two of us just smiled and laughed. We walked towards one of them and hopped into the back row, while Nick and Kevin got in the middle row. Big Rob and another person hopped into the two front seats. I leaned my head onto Joe’s shoulder. I loved being part of this whirlwind. It was definitely something I could get used to.

*Brittney’s P.O.V.

“Wow, I am so glad we have lunch together.” I said as we sat down at one of the lunch tables with Natalie and Jake sitting down next to me.

“Me too.” Natalie said to which Jake nods in agreement. “So what did you do to get yourself on the she-devil’s bad side already? I mean it’s the first day, that’s pretty quick moving if you ask me.”

“Selena is a man-eater. She kissed my boyfriend, I mean ex-boyfriend, while we were dating in an attempt to win him over. She lost. And Leslie dated the same guy and threw a pathetic attempt to throw him off his game, and had cheated on him previously, and she took away my best friend’s guy. And that would lead me to Nathan, the guy who had tried to talk to me before, we used to be really close. But that was before he went over to the dark side. But to be honest, I don’t know what I did to piss off the other two wannabes.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“Melanie and Jemma just follow whatever Leslie says, and apparently now Selena as well, since apparently she’s going to school here now. You know, and I used to admire her. There goes my admiration straight out the window. So who’s the coveted guy? Anyone I would know?”

“No one important. We went out, broke up, end of story. We’ll probably never get back together anyhow.”

“So how are you liking Sunny Side High?” Jake asked, “Besides that run in with the she-devils.”

“Same as last year.” I said and sighed.

“Wait a second, you went to school here last year? I thought that you were new. How come I’ve never seen you before?” Natalie said shocked.

“I don’t know.” I said, shrugging my shoulders. “I generally sit myself in the back in an attempt to go unnoticed. And last year I took hard electives so that I could be in the same one’s as my step-sister who was a senior at the time, and our best friend who was a senior here too.”

I took a quick look at the clock. Time was running out for me to eat, so I excused myself and got some lunch. Then I sat back down at the table eating the spaghetti and meatballs hungrily. Just as the bell was about to ring I decided to invite my new friends over to my house after school so that I could get to know them better. They eagerly agreed and we set off to our next classes. My next class was art which I had with Jake, so we walked there together. He held the door open for me, sending a quick smile my way which I returned. We sat down at the art bench in the back of the room, luckily each bench was a two-seater so it would be just the two of us, no need to deal with anyone else. I sighed happily sitting in my seat, which caused Jake to look at me curiously, but to honest I was just happy. All my fears that I had felt this morning had all pealed away, I had made some friends at school, and it seemed like they were real friends that I could trust.

Apparently our art teacher was definitely, let’s use the word off. She really seemed out of it the whole period and couldn’t focus for more than a few seconds. And for the few seconds she did pay attention all she did was tell us to make a sketch of something, what that something would be was up to our hearts. As Jake and I took it, our drawing could be anything we wanted it to be. I sat and thought for a while unsure of what I wanted to draw. But something inside of me gave me the urge to make it something that meant something to me. Maybe I could hang it up in my room or something, or maybe hide it, who knows.

So, I picked up a pencil and the sketch pad I had bought for this class and began sketching the first thing that came to my mind, which may have not been my best idea. It ended up being a heart, broken, with patches drawn on. Faded in the background were a few faces that had caused the pain to this heart. There were faded yet intricate pictures of Nick, Blake, and Danny. In some ways, some of them hadn’t meant to hurt me, and in others they did, but still my heart was wounded because of them. And none of them could make that pain go away. I felt a pair of eyes on me so I turned around to see Jake looking over onto my paper.

“Who are they?” He asked.

“Just three guys who have hurt me in my life. Not necessarily on purpose, but they still did.”

“So that’s your heart?”

“Yeah. I guess so.” I said, simply.

“You’re a really good drawer. This sketch is amazing.”

“Thanks, it’s another one of my many talents.” I said, staring at my paper, criticizing it.

Although lately I haven’t drawn, it’s something I used to do all the time, to vent. This was before I began to write music. But I never told anyone. I kept it to myself, my mom would occasionally throw in a comment about how I didn’t draw anymore, but I paid no mind to it. Since I met Nick and his brothers there hasn’t been enough time in my life to actually do what I loved. That’s probably what Anna meant by telling me to become independent. It did feel kind of nice to have some freedom back.

“You know, that guy looks really familiar.” He said motioning towards the picture of Blake. “Actually, come to think of it this guy looks vaguely familiar too.” He added in, this time pointing to the picture of Nick. I nodded quickly, taking a deep breath.

“Well, I would hope you would recognize this one.” I said, pointing to Blake. “He does go to school here you know. But luckily I haven’t run into him yet, I’m hoping I won’t have to. His name’s Blake.”

“Oh yeah! Isn’t he on the football team?” He asked, and I nodded. “What did he do to you?”

“We dated for a bit, but he cheated on me and I caught him in the act. Everyone was telling me how there was something off, but I didn’t listen.” I said, turning to look at Jake in the eyes, which were filled with compassion.

“I’m sorry.” He said. “He must’ve been really stupid to do something like that to a girl like you.”

“I’m glad you think so.” I said, placing my head on his shoulder and then the bell rang. We each walked towards our own separate lockers. I saw Natalie walk towards her locker, and I opened mine up. Once my locker was open I felt a sturdy hand grab my shoulder causing me to turn around. There stood Blake looking exactly like he did the last time I saw him, although his gaze this time was less sorry and quite a bit more angry. “What do you want from my life? Breaking my heart just wasn’t enough for you?”

“You know what Brittney, I think you need to get a hold of yourself okay.”

“No, I think you need to get a hold of yourself. All you do is tear me down and you’re never satisfied until you can make me feel worthless. I’m done with you, and this.” I said, showing him my anger.

“You know what the sad part is, I was going to come over and make peace with you but never mind, you’re not worth it. You’re really not all that great, and why I dated you, I’ll never know. Too bad it took me this long to figure it out. So you know what, stay away from me and my girlfriend. I don’t like you, simple as that. You’re just not good enough.” He said, those words stung more than the worst bee sting in the world.

“Get the hell away from me.” I said, anger boiling in my blood.

“Whatever you say your highness.” He said and walked away once Jake had came up behind me, resting a hand on my shoulder. I watched as Blake stomped off in the opposite direction of me. I felt the tears begin to brim in my eyes, and Jake wrapped me into a hug. I listened as he spoke to me while making me feel better by rubbing my back gently.

“What he said isn’t true. You are better than he’ll ever be. Please don’t cry over him, he’s not worth it.” He said, and wiped my tears off of my face. “Come on, let’s head over to your house.”

I shoved a few books into my backpack and slammed my locker shut. Natalie caught up with Jake and I as we walked in a line towards my house, joking around. It felt nice to have some friends to talk to and joke around with. I smiled at them as we laughed once more at a corny joke that Jake had cracked. But on the inside, Blake’s words were still bothering me.

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

I watched as the boys were given microphones and were being prepared for their interview. I was so proud of them. I smiled as Joe sent me a quick wink and then went over to talk with Kevin and Nick for a few minutes, then he spoke to Denis and Paul, and then he walked back over to me. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, so I pushed him away, he was going to get us caught with our relationship. I laughed a bit, as he dragged me over to a door while trying to act super sneaky. We walked inside and shut the door behind us so we could be alone. Luckily there was a lock so he locked it and walked back over to me.

“You know I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” I said kissing him. I felt his arms place themselves on my waist as we kissed, and my hands on either sides of his face. It felt so perfect, and I felt unstoppable. We would be inseparable, the unstoppable duo, together forever, even if the rest of the world didn’t know it. No matter how corny that sounded. Inside I was uneasy about lying to the fans, but Joe’s family was super important to him, and that’s what they wanted, so it was what I wanted as well. I made the kiss a little more intense when I heard a knock on the door. Someone was trying to get in, so I giggled a bit and brought Joe through a back door which apparently led to a different part of the backstage.

“Finally, alone once again.” Joe said, beginning to kiss me again. Before we could get very far I heard footsteps and then Nick’s voice.

“Guys, seriously? PDA? Ew.”

“Ugh we are never left alone!” Joe said in frustration as I ran up to Nick.

“Shhhh, Nick!” I said, laughing and putting my pointer finger over his mouth. This caused Joe to laugh, and then Nick joined in. We were just so giggly today, which caused me to smile once more. I loved these guys more than anything, and then there was announcement over the PA system.

“Show starts in 2 minutes, everyone to the set.” The male voice droned.

“Come on. You guys have to go.” I said grabbing each of their hands and brought them towards the stage. They joined Kevin while I watched as the interview began. Each of them answered questions and even sang a song. During commercials the boys signed autographs for fans in the audience, and Joe sent me smiles and winks as he did so which just made me laugh. Denise laughed as well as the fans tried to figure out what he was doing. Once the interview had restarted again, he asked the dreaded question and my stomach clenched.

“So what are your relationship statuses?” The interviewer asked.

“I’m single.” Nick said, which caused the girls to scream absurdly loud. I laughed, and then Kevin answered.

“No comment.” Kevin said, causing the audience to ‘oh’ him. And then came Joe’s answer. The answer that was going to make my stomach do back flips. I hated lying to the fans. But ultimately I knew it was the right thing to do for us right now. And then I heard what he had to say. And at that moment I could not have been anymore in love.

“I’m in a relationship with the most amazing girl on the entire planet. I have never met someone who can even come close to her. Her name is Aimee McAdams and I’m in love with her.” He said causing the audience to awe, and my mouth drop open in shock.

I couldn’t believe it. He just went against everything he believed in just for me. Joe had just made a huge sacrifice and to be honest, it made me feel extremely special and loved. Denise sent me a small smile signaling me that she knew about this before hand. He really did this for me, but I thought we decided to keep us a secret. The interview was over a few seconds later and Joe sprinted to me, giving me a hug, and spinning me around in a circle.

“I thought….we….were going….to keep…us a secret.” I said in between kisses.

“We were, but this is what you want, so it’s what I want.” He said, quoting me, and stopping us for a second to look into my eyes.

“Joseph Adam Jonas…I cannot believe you. I love you so much.” I said kissing him some more. He was the most unbelievable person in the entire world and I loved him more than anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed this part, please please please comment to let me know what you think! And yes I am on an updating role, so I hope that it continues! Credit for the song in this part goes to Jesse McCartney and his people. And so, in this part I introduced some new characters who are going to become big parts in the upcoming chapters. And here is how I picture them..

Natalie Peterson
Melanie Banks
Jemma Humes
Leslie Anderson
Jake Hendricks


~dancerbabe365