Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

The Gift Competition

*Kevin’s P.O.V.

I walked up to Anna’s doorstep after locking my car doors. I knocked quickly, and Helen opened the door smiling. Anna was the spitting image of Helen, just a few years younger. She ushered me inside and I saw Lilly running around, smiling, as the golden retriever chase her around the house. Finally, she plopped herself down on the floor and began petting the puppy happily, while feeding it a treat. I laughed and sat down next to her, she wrapped me in a hug. And then she handed me a drawing of someone with curly hair and a small girl with a big smile on her face.

“Can you give this to Nick as a birthday present for me?” she asked, with a small smile on her face, and fluttering her innocent little eyes. She was the cutest little girl I had ever met.

“Of course Lilly. I’m sure he’ll love it.” I said and folded it, and put it in my back pocket. We played with the puppy for a little while until Anna finally came into the room.

“Oh hey Kevin!” I heard Anna say. She was holding a pair of scissors, tape, and a rather large box in her hands.

“Hey babe.” I replied and took the box out of her hands and held it for her.

“Thanks.” She said quickly.

“So what’s with the box, and stuff?”

“I move next weekend, remember Kevin?”

“That’s right, getting a head start on packing are we?” I asked, and she nodded her head in response. “Do you want me and my brothers to come and help you move?”

“That would be so great, thank you honey. And speaking of your brothers Nick’s birthday is today. And I was thinking being the cool people we are, we could go buy him another gift together, and because we are even cooler we could take him to get his permit at the DMV. What do you think? Too weird?”

“I think you’re a genius.” I said, and kissed her. I helped her put the stuff away and then we went in my car and went to the mall. I pulled up to the mall and opened the car door for Anna. I went to reach for her hand to hold it when she shook it away, causing me to raise an eyebrow at her. She stepped close to me so only I could hear what she was going to say.

You want to keep us on the DL right? Well walking around holding my hand isn’t exactly keeping it on the DL, smarty.”

“Did you know that I love you?”

“Well duh, who doesn’t?” she said causing both of us to laugh.

We walked into the mall and she led me to a dog store, who would’ve known they actually had one of those. We walked in and Anna immediately began browsing all of the different collars and leashes for the dog. I smiled as she looked at each piece intently, as if it was the most important thing in the entire world. She was one of the very few girls that I’ve dated that have genuinely cared about my family. Anna was definitely something special. I walked up to her and we discussed her favorite options.

In the end we ended up deciding on a blue collar along with a matching leash, she also bought him a gift card for him to get the metal pieces which would have the dog’s name and address in case it got lost. She didn’t want to get them engraved until Nick had decided what he wanted to name the dog. After that we headed into a sunglasses store where Anna picked up a pair of Ray Bans and another expensive pair of sunglasses for him. As we did so of course we tried on random pairs of glasses making fun of each other.

“So I was wondering if you would want to go on a camping trip this weekend with my brothers, Aimee, and Brittney. Relax, get some sun, and have fun. It sounds like it’s going to be interesting. Are you in?”

“Of course!” She said, smiling at me.

“Great, it’s going to be so much fun.”

“What do you think of these?” She asked, walking up to me wearing a pair of bright orange sport’s glasses.

I laughed and shook my head. She placed the glasses back on the holder and we walked out of the store. We stopped at the food court and picked up something to eat and then went back to her house with all of the bags. I smiled once we walked inside, there was a note on the door reading that Helen and Lilly had gone out with a few people to go bowling, thus indicating we were home alone. Anna threw the note in the garbage can and then walked over to me giving me a kiss on the lips. She put the bags down and then pushed me into the living room giving me quick kisses, which turned into longer ones and longer ones.

Ah, I love my life.

*Nick’s P.O.V.

I rolled over in my bed, waking up, to see Joe’s face really close to mine. I jerked my head back. I gave him a look and he simply smiled at me. And then, as I had anticipated, he began screaming. A normal person would just sing, but no, Joe just couldn’t be normal like the rest of us. He felt it was necessary to yell. What a lovely wake-up call.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR NICHOLAS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.” He screamed.

“I hate you. Now let me go back to sleep.” I said, laying my head back down.

“Nope, come on Nick. Get up, you’re 16! Mom said you don’t even have to do school today because it’s your birthday. Now lazy bones get up!”

“No school? Sweet, now I’m definitely not getting up. GO AWAY JOE!” I shouted at him and laid back down, closing my eyes.

“Lazy.” I heard him mumble as he walked out of my room.

I fell back to sleep for another few hours, and I woke up again at around eleven thirty completely refreshed and ready to go. I shook my hair out of my face and I walked downstairs, I could smell my mom’s delicious pancakes. It made my mouth begin to water and I saw my mom cooking over the stove. Once she realized I had come downstairs, she wrapped me in a hug and wished me a happy birthday. I sat down at the table as she set a plate full of pancakes in front of me. I was just about to eat when Frankie came downstairs smiling.

“Happy birthday Nick.” He said, and I notice his arms hidden behind his back.

“Why thank you Frankie, what do you have there?” I asked.

“Your present.” He said rocking on the balls of his feet. And then finally rushed towards me. “I know I’m supposed to wait until later, but can I please give you your present now? I can’t wait!”

“Sure Frank.” I said holding out my hand for the gift. He smiled and put it in my hands. There was a homemade card with the two of us drawn on the front which made me smile. He also had made me a picture frame with the word brothers on it, and he had gotten me a new guitar pick. “Thanks so much man, I love it.”

“I knew you’d like it!” He cheered smiling, and I gave him a quick hug. I returned to my pancakes, about to eat them once again when I was stopped by Joe.

“Nice to see that you’re actually awake grumpy gills.” He said, while sitting down at the table. I gave him a look and he shrugged his shoulders. I once again went to eat, but I was stopped this time by my dad. He walked over to me giving me a big hug and wished me a happy birthday. I turned once again to eat when my mom began talking to me.

“Kevin went out for a while, so he’ll be back in a little bit with Anna.” She said. “And I was thinking we could open gifts once Aimee and Brittney get here, once Brittney gets off from school. So how does four o’clock sound for gifts? And until then we could just relax around the house, and plus before anyone comes over this house has to be cleaned.”

“Sounds great mom.” I said, turning my head to eat my pancakes, only to see they were no longer there. Instead I noticed and empty plate and Joe’s mouth bulging with so much food that I could imagine him choking on it. He swallowed the food after a lot of effort and then looked at me. It seemed like he was contemplating whether to run or just say something to me.

“Those pancakes were good.” He said and then I jumped out of my chair running after him. I chased him around for a while until I finally jumped onto his back, sending both of us tumbling onto the ground with his hair in my hands firmly. And then Anna and Kevin walked through the door giving us a look. Then my mom ran into the room looking at us then shaking her head.

“What happened here?” She asked.

“He stole my pancakes!” I shouted pointing at Joe who was still under me, so I wouldn’t get in trouble. Everyone began laughing and then we all walked into kitchen. My mom filled everyone’s plates with pancakes, and handed me another plate filled with pancakes. I cut them and put syrup on them, I was just about to take a bite when Joe took the plate and went running with them.

“Thanks for doing all the work for me Nick!” He shouted over his shoulder as he ran with the pancakes.

“You are so dead Joe!” I screamed chasing after him once more.

*Anna’s P.O.V.

Once Nick had finally gotten to eat some pancakes, we told him to go upstairs to get dressed so we could give him a surprise. Kevin made sure the plan was okay with Denise, which it was, and we waited for Nick to come back down. Kevin grabbed my hand and we sat down at the table in kitchen, and we sat down next to each other holding hands on the table. Mr. and Mrs. Jonas sat across from us on the table.

“Thank you for bringing Nick to do this, I think he’s going to love it that you two are bringing him rather than us.” She said smiling sweetly. “Apparently, parents aren’t cool these days.”

“No problem Denise, I thought he’d like it, so why not. I mean he’s 16, we should be going out of our way for him today.” I said, echoing her smile.

“So how are you two doing? As a couple?” Paul asked.

“Great, I love your son. He’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” I said, flashing them a smile, and I felt Kevin squeeze my hand. Nick came running into the room fully dressed, with a big smile on his face. We all smiled back at him, and he began jumping a little bit in excitement. “What’s with you? Do you have to pee?”

“No.” He said, dragging out the sounds. “Where are we going?”

“Drum roll please.” I said, and Kevin began drumming on the table with his pointer fingers. Nick rolled his eyes and then I told him where we were going. “We’re going to get you your driver’s permit at the DMV!”

“Yes!” He said, throwing one fist up in the air. Kevin and I both laughed, happy that we had done something that he wanted. I picked up Kevin’s keys and then the three of us walked out, only to hear someone running out after us. I turned to look behind us, and there was Joe standing there with a pair of sunglasses on. I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Oh, what, did you honestly think you were going without me? Nope, no way, no how. I’m coming.” He said simply.

“What if I don’t want you to come?” Nick asked.

“Then that sucks for you.” He said, opening the door to Kevin’s car and sliding into the back seat.

I just laughed and got into the passenger seat, while Nick sat himself next to Joe. We drove to the DMV, and then we all walked in. Kevin and Nick went over to the desk to discuss what Nick had to do, while Joe and I sat in the waiting room chairs, talking and laughing. I watched as Nick gave us a nervous thumbs up and walked into some sort of testing room as Kevin walked back over to us. He gave me a quick kiss and sat down next to me.

We sat and talked for a while, laughing about random things. I sighed looking at the clock impatiently. I was way too excited for Nick to see his dog from Kevin, and all the stuff I bought to go with it. Our gift was definitely going to be the best gift he was going to get from anyone. We are just that good. I felt one of Kevin’s hands work its way to intertwine with one of mine as he spoke to Joe. I smiled as I looked at our hands, and looked into his eyes. I got lost in them for a moment until Kevin and Joe both stood up. Nick was standing there with a huge smile on his face and I ran over to him. I gave him a huge hug and smiled at him.

“Congrats Mr. Driver boy.”

“Mr. Driver boy?” He asked.

“It was the first thing that came to my mind.” I said, slapping his arm playfully.

Kevin drove us to an empty parking lot somewhere in the middle of nowhere, about 15 minutes from the DMV. How he knew it would be empty, or that it even existed, I’ll never know. Joe and I stepped out of the car and walked away, and onto the sidewalk so we could watch. Kevin and Nick got out of the car, and Nick stepped into the driver’s seat, while Kevin sat in the passenger’s side. I covered my eyes with my hands in nervousness, “I can’t watch this!”

“You’re such a worry wart Anna banana.” Joe said, and then I burst out into laughter. He looked at me, and then it clicked. “Banana…hahahaha….banana.”

Those were the times I would never forget, we laughed for a while and then I looked up. Nick pulled up to us easily and perfectly, I just sighed. Figures he would pick this up easily. The first time I drove, I drove my dad’s brand new car straight into a lamp post. Luckily we had car insurance. He drove around for a little while more, and then we got back into our original seats, and then drove back home. When we got inside we all collapsed on the couch, and just a few mere seconds later Brittney and Aimee burst into the house.

“Sorry it took so long. Brittney over here was apparently attacked by her blow dryer.” Aimee said, rolling her eyes. I laughed a little bit and received a quick glare from Brittney.

“How is that even possible?” Joe asked, coming over and wrapped his arms around Aimee slowly. He planted a quick kiss on her cheek and laughed.

“The wires somehow got tangled all around me. And no, I have no idea how it happened.” She said and just shook her head.

“Well now that you’re all finally here, let’s get to opening presents.” Nick said giddily.

Everyone put their presents in a pile except for Kevin and I. I watched as Kevin slyly left, obviously heading towards my house to pick up the puppy and the bags. Joe handed Nick his gift, and Nick opened it happily. He wrapped Joe in a big hug as he realized what the gift was, a new guitar. Next he went on to open Aimee and Brittney’s gift, he unwrapped it and his smile got even wider. I caught a glimpse of what the gift was as he gave each of the girls’ hugs. It was a brand new Apple laptop, it was one of the nicest and most expensive. But I still knew our gift was better.

“But wait. It gets better!” Brittney said, like one of the people on those commercials selling things.

“We have it running already so we know it works, but the best part is that we already set up your background for you!” Aimee giggled. I walked over so that I was now standing behind Nick as he opened up the laptop and I began hysterically laughing. It was a picture of Brittney and Aimee doing their ‘fierce’ model poses. Everyone began laughing and then I saw Kevin walk in the door trying to make sure the puppy didn’t make any noise, he was also holding all of the bags. Nick turned and looked at me, and I smiled.

“Are you ready for your gift?” I asked. “It’s definitely the best gift of the night.”

“Totally.” He replied and then Kevin walked in with the puppy and put it on Nick’s lap. He immediately began petting it and playing with it. “Oh gosh, this definitely is the best gift.” He said hugging the puppy closer. I handed him the bags to which he opened and saw what they were. It was some accessories for the dog and then a pair of sunglasses for himself.

“When you name the dog we can go back to the place and pick up the collar.” I said smiling.

“Thanks guys.” He said, giving each of us a hug.

“No problem little bro. It’s from the two of us and we wanted to make sure that this was the most awesome gift ever.” Kevin said smiling and I wrapped my arms around his waist lovingly. Each of us began brainstorming a name for the puppy, when Nick said the name Elvis. The puppy looked up at all of us when he said this, and it clicked. This was definitely the perfect name. Once it was official Denise and Paul joined the circle with smirks on their faces, making me become a little suspicious.

“Now, I know you two think you got him the best present, but unfortunately that isn’t so.” Denise said, Kevin gave his mother a look and so did I.

“Oh really?” He asked.

“Really.” She said. “Nick go outside.”

Nick gave an uneasy look and then walked outside. Around five seconds later we heard about the loudest scream ever, and then he came running back into the room. He waved each of us to come outside and we did. And then my jaw dropped, he was sitting in the driver’s seat of the nicest Mustang I had ever seen. Kevin walked up behind me with the same face. Denise smiled at Nick’s happiness and then Nick looked at us. “Sorry guys. But she’s right, she kicked your butts.”

“I figured. Damn it.” I said, snapping my fingers. Everyone just laughed and then we all went back inside for cake and such. We ate, sang, talked, laughed, and then we all began leaving. Aimee and Brittney were going to give me a ride back home. I stood outside with Kevin, his hands were locked with mine and I looked up into his eyes. I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and looked at him once more. “You know you didn’t have to tell him it was from the both of us, the puppy was from you.”

“Babe, we’re a couple, we’re in this together. A.K.A. gifts come from the both of us.”

“I love you Kevin Jonas.” I said.

“I love you Anna Dunnan.” He replied giving me another kiss. I began walking away, and sat down in the car giving him a quick wave. I loved him, he was the best thing ever, and nothing could take us apart.

*Brittney’s P.O.V.

Aimee and I walked into the house to see my mom and Eric sitting at the table talking nicely with each other, they were so cute. I gave Aimee a quick glance to check if she had made sure that our camping plans were okay with them. She replied with a simple nod and then I walked upstairs and into my room.

I flicked on my computer and went onto youtube, feeling really happy with myself. Now that Aimee and Joe had apparently gone public with their relationship it was totally okay to do this. Well, sort of. It was most definitely the ultimate pay back. I downloaded the video off of my camera onto the computer. I edited it, to make it pretty, and I added in pictures I had taken.

Finally I uploaded the video onto the site and then I called Aimee into my room. I smiled and pulled open the site and clicked on the video just as she walked in. I heard her open the door and I turned around in my chair. I pulled over a second chair and she sat down. I clicked play on the video, I laughed as her mouth dropped open, and her eyes popped open wide in disbelief. This video was one I had taken of Aimee and Joe on their date while she was in her banana suit, and I had officially just broadcasted it to the entire world.

But no worries, I did put in the memo that it had been a dare.

“I cannot believe you!” She yelled, hitting me in the shoulder. “The whole night I felt like someone was watching me and it was you! Who was your accomplice?”

“I can’t say. It would be wrong.” I said, and then she grabbed my ear pulling me up. “OKAY IT WAS ANNA! Please stop!”

“You two are in so much trouble.” She grumbled as she walked out of the room. I just laughed and kept refreshing the page over and over again. The views and comments began to pile up and I just laughed. Each one just got funnier and funnier. It was the absolute ultimate prank. Man I would hate to be my older sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, sorry these updates take so long, but school is really busy. I hope you enjoy this part, please comment and subscribe! Lots of love!

~dancerbabe365