Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

One Long Car Ride

*Brittney’s P.O.V.

I heaved my last bag into our rented mini-van. Aimee and I had just gone to pick it up from the rental place. And once we got home Natalie and Jake were standing there all smiles. Those two were hysterical. I wrapped them in giant hugs and smiled back at them. I was so excited for this vacation it was ridiculous. This was going to be one of the best ones ever. I mean so basically, today was the 19th. So we’ll head off in about an hour and we’ll get there really late tonight, and then we come back on the 21st. It would be a nice weekend.

Unfortunately, this was the only condition of the trip as far as my mom was concerned. I wasn’t allowed to miss any school, absolutely none. Not one single day. And she repeated that over and over and over again. This was to be one fun weekend and no longer. It was like a record player on replay. But we’re going to make the most out of this vacation no matter how long it is.

“We’re going to miss you this weekend!” Natalie said, wrapping me in a quick hug. “But on the plus side I think it might help you make your decision concerning the boys.” She added in quietly with a slight nod. I had told Natalie yesterday about the whole dilemma, and to be honest, I don’t think even she knew what to say.

“Thanks, and I’m going to miss you both too!” I said, this time giving Jake a hug. “Try not to have too much fun without me.”

“Oh that is going to be so difficult!” Jake said and I slapped him on the arm playfully.

“Bye guys!” I shouted out the window of the car, while waving. We drove towards the Jonas house to pick the boys up while listening to the radio as a quiet murmur in the background. I hummed along when I noticed Aimee kept giving me quick side glances. I gave her a questioning look. What was her issue? I looked at her once more and she finally explained herself.

“I was just wondering. How are you? Like with Nick and all.”

“We’re friends, nothing more, nothing less. Whether I want to be more, I just don’t know. It’s all just really confusing. Maybe this weekend will help me to decide exactly what I want. Or at least I hope so.” I said simply.

All that was left was time. Time could heal almost anything, or so they say. So all I could really do was wait until I figured out what I want to do. I watched as the house came into view and all of the Jonas’ were standing outside with bags in front of them. Smiles were on each and every one of their faces. It helped to bring a smile to my face once again, getting me excited for this weekend. I rolled down the window and popped my head out with an excited face on. “So are you guys ready for one weekend full of the great outdoors, mosquitoes, bears, and rabid squirrels?”

“You know, you just made this trip seem really bad. I think I’m just going to stay behind now.” Nick said, turning around to walk away when Kevin caught his arm.

“Ah! Ah! Ah! I don’t think so. You’re coming. End of story.”

“I hate you. I hope the bugs eat you alive!”

“You know, you should stop hating people so much. It won’t get you far in life.” Joe said, wagging his finger.

“Shut up Joe.” Nick said, grumpily.

“See there goes that attitude again!” Joe said and then he began running with Nick right behind him.

I just laughed and helped Kevin put all their stuff into the van, and put some of it into the container attached to the roof. I watched as Nick and Joe chased each other around some more until Aimee finally stopped the two of them by grabbing Joe and giving him a kiss on the lips. They were just two adorable. Nick began making gagging noises and put the final pieces of his stuff into the van. I just shook my head at him and began talking with Kevin.

“So who pissed off Mr. Grumpy Gills over there?” I said, gesturing towards Nick.

“Joe attempted to pull a joke on him this morning. Let’s just say it really wasn’t that funny.” He said simply, and I laughed.

After a few more jokes and goodbyes later and we were on the road once more. This time we were heading towards Anna’s house to pick her up. When we got there she was sitting on her stoop with her pocket book and one suitcase, she always was the practical one. She always packed exactly what she needed and nothing more unlike the rest of us. We brought just about everything you could humanly possibly need. Good thing we rented a van.

Kevin got out, being the sweetie he is, and helped her load her bag into the van. And then two of them sat in the middle row. Nick and I sat in the back because we didn’t have to be available to drive. The four drivers were going to rotate after some unknown amount of time to make sure we could get to the camp grounds as quickly as possible. It didn’t matter to me though, all I had to do was relax. And that felt nice for once.

Aimee pulled out of Anna’s drive way raising the volume to the music. We all began singing along, and I realized how great of a trip this really was going to be. It’s nice to be with people who really care about you. A smile grazed my face at how lucky I was. I caught a quick glimpse of Nick who had been looking at me. I looked away shyly and back down towards my sketch pad and began drawing.

It started with one simple line and turned into one intricate drawing. That drawing turned into words which turned into the beginnings of a song. To be honest how that happened I’ll never know, but it felt amazing. I looked at the beginning of the song, with the drawing next to it. I sighed with contentment and gave Nick one last look before singing along with everyone else.

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

I looked backwards at the four sleeping bodies behind me. They all looked so peaceful and relaxed. It was nice to see everyone together and happy for once. Everyone had fallen asleep, except for Joe and I. We were assigned the first night shift. It was only around 8:30, but sitting in a car for an extended period of time can make you tired. I had picked up a coffee a little while back so Joe and I were both wide awake. Well Joe was at least, the caffeine was beginning to wear off on my end.

My eyes blurred out a little bit and then refocused on the road. I took a deep breath trying to wake myself up a little. The radio was low so it wouldn’t wake up everyone else, so it wasn’t exactly helping to keep me awake. I had turned the air conditioner on a little low to keep me a little more alert, unfortunately that wasn’t doing much for me either. I felt a hand softly grasp onto my hand that was on the gear shift. I looked up at Joe who was looking at me sincerely.

“Babe, why don’t you pull over and switch. I’m wide awake and you should get a little sleep.” He said, rubbing his thumb over my fingers.

“Are you sure? It’s still supposed to be my turn.” I said glancing at him quickly, and then back at the road.

“I’m positive, I’d rather you get some sleep.”

“Thanks Joe.”

I pulled over the car and drove it slowly to a stop at the side of the highway. Joe and I got out of the car and met in the front. We shared a quick kiss and then I proceeded to sit myself down in the passenger seat. I grabbed Joe’s hand gently on the gear shift and murmured a quick I love you. My eyes began to droop down and I fell asleep to my boyfriend humming softly. A tune that lulled me into the perfect sleep.

I don’t really know how long I was asleep for, but all I know was that it was a deep one, and a comfortable despite the fact that I was sleeping upright in the passenger seat of a van. That was until I felt a gush of cool air hit me and I was being lifted up. I looked around slowly and confusedly to see Joe carrying me. He brought me from the passenger seat into the middle row for Kevin and Anna to take over driving. He buckled us both in, but set it up so that I was comfortable and laying down on him. I let my eyes drift slowly. His fingers ran through my hair absentmindedly, making it easy for me to start falling back asleep.

“Thank you Joe.” I whispered.

“You’re welcome, now go back to sleep.” He cooed.

“I love you Joe.”

“I love you too babe.” He said and I fell asleep once more on his lap.

*Joe’s P.O.V.

I stroked her hair silently as we pulled into the camp site. She looked so beautiful and peaceful like that. It reminded me once more of how much I loved her. I was lucky that I had met her. Kevin rolled down the window to speak to the camp director and find out where exactly we were supposed to stay for the weekend. He pulled up to the site and parked towards the edge of it so we had room to set up the tents and such. I looked around the car. Everyone was wide awake except for Aimee and Brittney. I leaned over the seat to talk to Nick in hushed tones so we wouldn’t wake up the sleeping sisters.

“Hey Nick, do you have a sweatshirt or something I could borrow?” I asked.

“Yeah, here.” He said, handing me a sweatshirt.

I lifted Aimee’s head up gently as I slid off the seat and onto the floor. I placed a sweatshirt under her head as a pillow, where my body had once been. I slid into the back of the car and leaned over Nick pulling a blanket out from the trunk. I placed it over Aimee as gently as possible so I didn’t wake her, unfortunately that didn’t work. She shifted a little bit and opened her eyes just a little bit. I watched as she looked at me in confusion and started to talk to me with a hoarse voice, I could tell she was extremely tired.

“What are you doing? Where are we?” She asked, clearly still half-asleep.

“Don’t worry, just close your eyes and go back to sleep. You’re fine.”

“Oh okay.” She said, blearily and fell back asleep. I fixed the blanket that was wrapped around her and then I got out of the van. I walked over to Kevin and Anna who were dragging two heavy looking bags filled with tents. I helped Anna to drag one of the bags, and I watched as Nick got out of the car and went to help Kevin. We set up each tent quickly and efficiently despite the darkness. It really wasn’t all that hard though. Well for Anna that is. Thank goodness she went on lots of camping trips when she was younger. She ended up just bossing us and around and telling us what to do. I felt pretty clueless.

Finally both tents were set up and nailed into the ground. We began putting the luggage into the correct tents, and set up a mesh covered tent over a bench so we could eat in the morning without bugs attacking us. And then we attached a small flashlight to the top of each tent so that if it was necessary there could be light in the tent. Then finally it was time to move everyone into their tents. Just as I began to approach the car, the door opened and Brittney stumbled out looking extremely tired.

“Hello sunshine.” I said, trying to flatten her hair down a little bit.

“Hello Joseph. Which one’s my tent?” She asked and I pointed her towards the tent to the right.

The three girls would be sleeping in the tent to the right while the guys would be in the one to the left. I slid into the car and picked up Aimee in my arms delicately. I walked with her in my arms, sleeping quietly, so beautiful, so gorgeous. I walked into her tent which was thankfully unzipped, I laid her down in her tent and zipped up her sleeping bag. I walked back to the car bringing her pillow and Nick’s sweatshirt. I locked the car doors and walked back into the tent. I slipped the pillow under her head gently and looked at her. I gave her a soft kiss on the head and whispered to her.

“Goodnight beautiful.” I whispered and walked back to my tent.

This was definitely going to be a weekend like no other.
♠ ♠ ♠
So are you excited for this camping trip? I know I am! Wahoo and it’s finally here! I can promise that lots of your questions will be answered, drama will ensue, songs will be sang, and there will be plenty of Jonas Love filling the air. Special thanks to every single one of my readers. I love you all! Please comment, you know I love it! Plus, what do you think is going to happen during this insane weekend?

~dancerbabe365