Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

River Songs

*Anna’s P.O.V.

After a little while the sounds outside stopped, and sitting on the ground had become pretty uncomfortable. Of course the boys offered us they’re sleeping bags, but that didn’t seem right. So Aimee, being the brave one, went to the car to get a flashlight so we could all walk back to our tents safely. After a minute or so Aimee stuck only her head back inside and whispered that she had the flashlight. I kissed Kevin quickly and joined Aimee by the car, being led by the flashlight. And then I noticed she had something very large and round in her hands.

“What’s that?” I asked and then she shined the light on a bear costume. “No way!”

“Way.” Aimee said with a deathly serious glare. They had been tricking us! I cannot believe Kevin and Joe! I looked at Aimee and noticed a flash of deviousness go across her face.

“You have a plan?” I asked.

“When do I not have a plan?”

“Never.”

We talked about the plan while Brittney wandered off back to our tent. She looked dead tired, probably too tired to care at this point. But Aimee and I wanted payback so we set up a plan, ready to get them back. Once we were done we went back to the tent, Aimee set an alarm on her phone and we both went back to sleep. I was woken up at 6:00 am by Aimee shaking me awake. Apparently the alarm wasn’t the loud enough for me to wake up. I looked at Britt who was sleeping peacefully still. I rubbed her back gently until she woke up, so Aimee wouldn’t wake her up as rudely as she did to me. Her eyes blinked open and looked at me.

“What?” She croaked.

“We’re going to the river to get water to get back at boys. Do you want to come?”

“Yeah and I’ll bring my guitar. You guys can get back at them, but I’m just going to stay by the river for a while and relax.” She said and I nodded.

We all got dressed quickly and took a flashlight while Brittney brought her guitar. I grabbed a bucket for me and handed Aimee one for herself. The three of us walked together towards the river closely. I watched as Brittney sat herself down on a rock, her feet dangling just above the water. I filled my bucket with water and so did Aimee. It was getting lighter out, but the sunrise hadn’t quite happened yet.

We waved goodbye to Brittney silently and headed back towards the camp site. I started getting really excited as the boys’ tent came into view. Since I was the quietest, I put my bucket down outside the tent and went in first. I gently woke Nick up so that he didn’t wake up his brothers. He picked himself out some clothes and walked out of the tent with them in a daze. I tried my hardest not to laugh at his face. He was hardly coherent. Once we were both out of the tent I tried to explain to him what was going on.

“We’re playing a prank on your brothers for last night.” I said.

“Last night?” He asked and I pointed to the bear head that was lying on the floor next to the van. “Oh.”

“We didn’t want you in the line of fire.” Aimee said and he nodded in understanding. “You can change in our tent and do whatever.”

“Okay, I think I’m going to go by the river. I’ll see you guys later.” He said and went into our tent to change.

Finally it was time for us to start with our plan. We each stuck the buckets outside of each side of the tent door on the floor. I stepped through the tent door with Aimee directly behind me. I looked for the curly head of hair and stood by his feet, while Aimee did the same thing by Joe. I counted down on my fingers. 3! 2! 1! And then we both jumped on the boys in front of us, waking them up and making them very unhappy. They both groaned and Aimee and I got up and ran outside of the tent.

Entering Phase 2. We each picked up our buckets filled with freezing cold river water. I watched as Joe came sprinting out wanting to catch whoever just woke him up, and Aimee dumped her bucket of water onto him. Kevin came out right behind Joe and I dumped my bucket of water onto him. Both boys looked at us with shocked faces and were shivering from the cold water in their PJ’s. I pulled out a pillow at the same time as Aimee and we each began whacking the boys with them a few times while they tried to stop us. Finally once we did the boys looked at us quite angrily.

“What in the world are you two doing?!” Kevin yelled, his teeth chattering.

“It’s not even light out yet! And you drenched us!” Joe shouted. Then Aimee leaned forward, grabbing Joe’s ear while I grabbed Kevin’s and brought them closer. “Oh. That hurts!” Joe squealed.

“Don’t you ever scare us like you did last night again!” Aimee said.

“Who’s idea was it?!” I hissed, pulling Kevin’s ear harder.

“His!” They both shouted, pointing at each other.

“Then who was in the bear suit?” I questioned further.

“Him!” Joe said and pointed to Kevin who tried to give me an innocent smile. Aimee let go of Joe’s ear because he had been proven innocent. I just squeezed his ear harder with an angry expression overcoming my face.

“He made me do it! He was threatening me!” Kevin pleaded, and Aimee grabbed Joe’s ear once more.

“Way to rat me out Kev! And anyway I didn’t threaten him! It was his freaking idea!”

The two of them started screaming at each other viciously. Each of the boys trying to blame the other. We let go of their ears, watching as they yelled at each other. We laughed in amusement. Then they turned towards us slowly, with smirks on their faces. I knew what they were going to do before they even moved, so I ran. I ran as fast as I could, followed by Aimee. We tried to put as much distance between us and the boys as possible.

Unfortunately I wasn’t quite fast enough. I felt a pair of strong and sopping wet arms wrap themselves around me. I could hear Kevin’s laughing in my ear as the water began to soak through my clothes. I tried to squirm out of his grip as he span me around. Then I caught a glimpse of two figures coming into my view, smiling and holding hands. My mouth dropped open and Kevin put me down. This had to be a dream.

No freaking way.

*Nick’s P.O.V.

Once my clothes were on I began walking towards the river. The sun still hadn’t risen. And the river looked beautiful in the lighting. What a perfect place to sit and relax. As I got closer I could hear the gentle, quiet strumming of an acoustic guitar. I leaned against a tree, looking at Brittney as she played. The light bounced off of the river and onto her face gently. She looked gorgeous, and then I listened to the words she began to sing gently.

She was singing words I didn’t recognize, but it hit me hard in the heart. I knew who it was about. And it stung. Those words were about one very selfish person. Me.

I remember that moment,
That last little murmur you said.
That last little line you fed.
That last little promise.
Baby, nothing will break us apart.
I know that’s a lie.
The last little lie.

You said you cared
You said you’d never
Leave me behind.
But then she walked
Right through the door
She had you
From the very start.
I remember that day
Wish it hadn’t
Ended that way.

Oh baby, take me.
Just take me.
I wanna remember,
Remember the day we first met
Remember the first kiss we had
Remember your first smile
Remember that night once again.
I thought you were my world.
I thought I could give you my heart
I thought you were it.
I thought you’d never break my heart.
And I just hate saying goodbye.
Cause I just want to remember.

Thinkin’ bout the night
The night when I said goodbye
When my heart was on the floor.
That last little tear.
That last little warning, I knew about her.
That last little time we said goodbye.
That last little hope was gone.
That last little kiss before the end.
That last little time I held your hand.
I sure hope she’s perfect.
You said you’d never
You said you’d never
Leave me behind.

Oh baby, take me.
Just take me.
I wanna remember,
Remember the day we first met
Remember the first kiss we had
Remember your first smile
Remember that night once again.
I thought you were my world.
I thought I could give you my heart
I thought you were it.
I thought you’d never break my heart.
And I just hate saying goodbye.
Cause I just want to remember.

I miss that smile.
Reserved just for me.
I miss your sweet face
That made my heart flutter.
I miss your skin.
When you held me close.
But can you blame me?
Baby, can you blame me?
I have to protect my heart.
From that last little crack
Before I fall apart.
But I still love you,
Just as much as before.

Oh baby, take me.
Just take me.
I wanna remember,
Remember the day we first met
Remember the first kiss we had
Remember your first smile
Remember that night once again.
I thought you were my world.
I thought I could give you my heart
I thought you were it.
I thought you’d never break my heart.
And I just hate saying goodbye.
Cause I just want to remember.

I’m sorry, baby.
But there’s nothing I can do.
Cause baby, I still love you.
But my heart’s running out,
Of all those free chances.
Of all those goodbyes.
So remember next time,
To count all those blessings.
Cause in the end.
I still love you
.”

I walked closer to her as the song ended. I tried to be quiet as I inched myself towards her. The notes on her guitar dwindled, until no sound came out at all. I walked up behind her and she looked up as if she had felt my presence and stood up, bringing the guitar with her. She looked down, avoiding my gaze.

“You don’t have to get up just because I’m here. I like to hear you sing. I haven’t heard it in a while.” I said. “Who was that song for? It was good. An original, right?”

“It’s for no one.” She said quickly.

“Okay. Well I actually, have something to sing for you. It’s a bit rusty, I just finished it.” I said looking towards her, trying to read her expression, to see what she thought of it.

She ran her fingers through her hair as she looked at the ground avoiding my gaze still. She nodded her head quickly, making her hair bounce. Brittney handed me the guitar and I began strumming quietly. I took a deep breath and started to sing to her. Finally, making eye contact with her.

Broken hearts and last goodbyes
Restless nights but lullabies
Helps make this pain go away
I realize I let you down
Told you that I'd be around
Building up the strength just to say

I'm sorry
For breaking all the promises
That I wasn't around to keep.
It’s all me
This time is the last time
That I will ever beg you to stay.
But you’re already on your way.

Filled with sorrow, filled with pain
Knowing that I am to blame
For leaving your heart out in the rain

And I know your gonna walk away
And leave me with the price to pay
But before you go I wanted to say

Yeah!

That I'm sorry
For breaking all the promises
That I wasn't around to keep
It’s all me
This time is the last time
That I will ever beg you to stay.
But you're already on your way.

Can't make it alive on my own
But if you have to go, then please girl
Just leave me alone.
Cause I don't want to see you and me
Going our separate ways.
I'm begging you to stay
If it isn't too late

I'm sorry
For breaking all the promises
That I wasn't around to keep.
It’s all me
This time is the last time
That I will ever beg you to stay.
But you’re already on your way.
But you’re already on your way...


The sunrise was in view and it looked beautiful. She was looking down once again and I really just wanted to know exactly what she was thinking. Or at least what she was feeling. The uncertainty inside me was boiling up. I didn’t know what to think. I didn’t even know what to do. Her eyes glanced up at me nervously, and our eyes met. I couldn’t break our gaze, and I knew that I had to say something to her, right at that moment.

“I really am sorry.” I said.

“Don’t be. And the song, you were, uh….”She said trailing off, looking around slowly.

“Yes?” I asked.

“It was for you.” She whispered.

“Can I kiss you?” I asked, seeing the beautiful sunrise in the background, framing her face.

“Yes.” She breathed, and we both leaned in.

Her soft hands gripped the sides of my face gently, and she kissed me. My arms wrapped themselves around her waist delicately, treating her as if she was a porcelain doll. I pulled her closer to me. I felt her fingers beginning to tangle themselves in my hair. I could feel the sparks that I had been missing since the last time I kissed her. I would never be stupid enough to ruin this again. She was mine, and I wasn’t going to let her go again.

When we broke apart she had her arms wrapped around my neck and she smiled. It was the smile I had been missing so much. The one that I loved to no end. I picked her up and span her in a circle, I was just so glad to have her in my arms again. She laughed infectiously as we span and I put her back down. I leaned in and kissed her again the second her feet touched the ground. We sat down on a rock by the river, looking at the beautiful sunrise as her head leaned against my chest.

“It feels so great to be with you again.” She whispered.

“I know the feeling.” I said, and pressed my lips to the top of her head.

After watching the sunrise for a little longer we both stood up and decided to go back to the camp site. I picked up the guitar off of the floor for her and carried it in one hand while I held one of Brittney’s hands with the other. We walked hand-in-hand, swinging them as we walked. I stole a few quick kisses, and a few laughs. I was loving the tingling feeling each kiss left on my lips.

We walked through the trees and I saw Kevin spinning Anna in a circle. He put her down once they saw us. Eyeing our hands which were entangled together, swaying back and forth. I looked down at our hands and felt my stomach clench, waiting for her to let go and find out that this was a dream. But instead she only squeezed my hand tighter.

“Oh my goodness!” Anna squeaked, running over to us. “I knew it! I knew you two would get back together! See I knew it! Didn’t I tell you all? Ha!”

“Alright Anna, calm down.” Brittney said in a calming tone, releasing a small laugh.

“Okay, now that you two love birds are back let’s start packing up. Then we can get some brunch on the road.” Aimee said and we all nodded, agreeing with her.

Everyone paced everything relatively slowly. I lifted Brittney’s suitcase and put it in the van despite her telling me she could do it herself. I shut the trunk door and looked at my girlfriend. She smiled at me and I gave her a quick kiss. Our hands clasped together as we faced each other. I looked into her eyes and saw that sparkle in them.

“You know boyfriend, I kind of like you.” She said, giving me her signature sly smile.

“You know girlfriend, I kind of like you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long to update, but I have been trying really hard to. Well I hope you enjoyed this and the song Brittney wrote is haphazardly written by me, please just pretend that you like it. And obviously the other song in here is Sorry by the Jonas Brothers, and the rights to it, belong to them. Comment love please!

~dancerbabe365