Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Breaking Bad News is Never Easy



Image

*Brittney’s P.O.V.

I sat on my bed relaxing totally awake, I hadn’t spoken to Aimee in a couple of days. She’s been busy, well at least that’s what I think. I went downstairs and realized no one was home and I walked into the kitchen where there was note from Felicia stuck to the fridge.

Dear Brittney,
Morning Darling, your father and I went out to see the wedding planner. Just to finish up some of the final details for the wedding. We’ll be back in a few hours. Why don’t you invite Daniel over? ;) See you later!
Love, Felicia

I had to laugh at her, she was too funny. Felicia was one of a kind, she wanted to make me as happy as possible, and loved the thought of me dating Danny. In her words Danny ‘is a dreamboat.’ And that we would look so adorable together. I sighed throwing the note into the garbage and figured why not invited Danny over? I had permission and how boring would it be to be in this house all alone, so I took the phone and called him. Sure enough he was wide awake. What a weirdo.

“Hello?” He asked.

“Morning Danny!” I said peppily.

“And good morning to you too Brittney!” He said, mimicking my chipper attitude.

“Thank you! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out? Felicia and my dad went out to go meet with the wedding planner, so I figured we could do something.”

“Sure, is 5 minutes good?”

“Yep, see you then.”

I put up my hair quickly in a side ponytail, and stuck on a pair of black caprees, and a pink Aeropostale T-shirt. Exactly 5 minutes from my phone call the doorbell rang, and it was Danny. He was wearing a pair of beige cargo short and an adorable skater T-shirt. I invited him in and we sat down in the kitchen as I ate breakfast and Danny snacked on one of the many snack bars stocked in the cabinets.

Once I finished my breakfast the two of us headed to the living room and sat down on the couch. I turned on the t.v. to our local news station, we were talking as well until a shocking story began playing, a giant picture of my step-sister and her ex-boyfriend, Joseph Adam Jonas in her arms bleeding. She was covered in blood, and he was lying in the street. OH MY GOD!

“Teen heart throb Joe Jonas was hit by a car outside of pop-star Aimee McAdams home just a few moments ago. The driver of the hit and run is currently unknown, and Joe’s reasoning for being at Ms. McAdams is also unknown at this present time as well. Ambulances have taken him to the closest nearby hospital and his condition is currently unknown. Mr. Jonas’ representative has yet to make a comment. We’ll have more updates on this story as information becomes available.” The news anchor woman said.

I turned to Danny eyes wide open as many thoughts were running through my head. Why was Joe there? Was he alright? That was a lot of blood. How was I going to get there? Yes I was going, are you kidding me! Joe was my hyper buddy, one of my best friends, I had to be there! Danny looked at me questioning what was going on, and then it hit me. Danny! Danny can drive!

“Danny, I really need to go there.”

“Brittney, are you kidding me? You know how many fans are probably trying to see him?” He said, looking at me incredulously. Oh come on! As if I was that dumb as to not have already realized that! Jeez! What does he take me for?

“Oh yeah, I’m sure tons. But see their step-sister isn’t Aimee McAdams, and they aren’t one of Joe Jonas’s best friends. I can’t believe no one called me! Look I’ll explain everything on the car ride there? Please!” I pleaded knowing I had to be there.

“If you say so, wait, so you know Aimee McAdams?! My friends love her! And totally think she is like the hottest thing ever.” He said in shock.

“Thank you, nice to know your friend’s have a crush on my step-sister, totally not gross. Now let’s go!” I said grabbing my pocketbook and pulling him out the door, locking it behind me.

We ran to his car and he began driving towards the hospital in which I gave him directions to. He called his parents letting them know we were going to visit my family, and someone I knew was in the hospital because of an accident. They immediately said to go and if it gets late to stay the night and not drive in the dark. I called my dad and left him a message on the phone letting him know that I was going to see Joe.

It didn’t take too long to drive to the hospital considering I told Danny to take every shortcut we could to get there quickly. As soon as the car was parked I ran out of the car grabbing Danny’s hand and dragging him since I was running into the hospital. I was sprinting as fast as I could, but people kept getting in my way. I needed to see my best friend as soon as possible.

“Move, Move!” I shouted at them.

Then Aimee came into my view, she was standing there dried blood all over her. Her eyes looked confused and lost. Just seeing her made my heart start to break. Kevin was holding her shoulders calmingly. Nick’s eyes opened wide when he saw me, and his mouth dropped open. Mr. and Mrs. Jonas looked at me unexpectedly, and Kevin looked just as shocked as everyone else, and then the doctor came in looking all serious. Please no.

*Kevin’s P.O.V.

“Well, your son is suffering from severe head trauma, he broke quite a few bones, we gave him emergency surgery and stitches to close up the gashes. Unfortunately he has slipped into a coma due to his head injury, afterwards. He lost a lot of blood Mrs. Jonas.” The doctor said, leaving us with the news we were all dreading to hear.

“Wha-wha-what?” Mom said tears pouring down.

I wrapped my arms around Aimee quickly knowing she was going down, and fast. She collapsed into my arms crying, tears began falling down my cheeks too, and I held her closer she grabbed my shirt and cried into me. I saw Brittney being hugged by the guy who was with her, and Nick just sitting on the floor head in his hands with his knees pulled up all the way to his chest. He was probably crying too. Luckily, Frankie wasn’t there, he went to the kid’s area before to play with other kids his age.

I couldn’t believe my brother, the one who was always full of life, could now be lying on his deathbed for all we know. He was lying motionless on a hospital bed, unlike his normal self who couldn’t sit still even for a second. It’s surreal, my little brother is in a coma and he might not ever be the same. I stood up taking Aimee with me to sit on one of the waiting benches, Nick came over and sat on my other-side, and I put my arm around him giving him a side arm hug. Brittney came over and sat on the floor with her friend who sat next to her and she leaned her head onto his shoulder. My parents walked away, probably to go talk to the doctor to get the full idea of what’s going on.

Within an hour or so the girls were asleep, Aimee was laying across the waiting bench with her head on the hand rest, and Brittney laying on top of her. Nick was dosing off laying against the other hand rest when Anna came jogging in looking totally frazzled and upset. Her make-up dripping down her face, I stood up quickly and she ran over to hug me.

She looked up at me trying to make sense of what I was feeling, and so was I. I didn’t even know how I was feeling. I mean how am I supposed to feel? My brother is lying on some bed in a coma, and I’m not even allowed to see him yet! I sighed and buried my face into the space between her head and shoulders. And I finally felt the tears begin to fall again. She began rubbing my back gently whispering in my ear that it was going to be okay.

“Kevin honey, I came as soon as I could. Your eyes have rings around them, get some sleep.” Anna said soothingly.

“No, I can’t. I think I’m going to go get some coffee or something. Would you like to come?” I asked Brittney’s friend.

“Sure.”

“Anna, would you like anything?” I asked saying her name for the guy’s benefit.

“No, I’m good thanks. I’ll watch the girls’ and Nick while you’re gone.” She said sitting besides Nick and pulling him over so that his head was on her lap. It looked much more comfortable than the way he was before, I looked at all the people sitting here who’s lives would be practically destroyed if Joe didn’t make it through this. He had to make it through this, it was no longer a choice but a necessity. The guy followed me to the place where we went to get drinks and snacks.

“We didn’t get properly introduced before, I’m Danny, Brittney’s new next door neighbor. Well, new to her at least, I’ve lived in my house since I was born.” Danny said reaching out his hand to shake my hand. I took the hand firmly and shook it, the guy seemed nice enough, although I think we all know he’s going to affect Nick in a negative way.

“I’m Kevin, Nick is the curly haired one and-” I began telling him who everyone was before he stopped me.

“I know who you all are, I do have a little cousins, who might I add love you guys. And I know who Aimee is due to the fact that my friend’s are totally in love with her. Although, Anna I believe her name is, I don’t know her.”

“Yep that’s the lovely red-head. So how’d you and Brittney meet?” I asked trying to be friendly.

“Her soon to be step-mom and dad live next door to me, and I’m in their wedding party along with Brittney.”

“So are you guys like, um, dating?” I said, trying to assess the situation. It couldn’t be that bad already. I’d have to do a bit of damage control.

“No, but I do like her. You won’t say anything to her right?” He asked quietly.

“Of course not. I would never tell her.” But I never said anything about telling Nick.

I got myself a coke, Nick a diet coke for when he got up, Anna a coke as well even though she didn’t ask for anything. I also bought Aimee a coke, I was about to buy Brittney something when Danny insisted on getting their drinks. When we came back everyone was sitting up and wide awake, it looked like Anna was talking to Nick meanwhile Aimee and Brittney were talking to each other. I handed everyone their drinks one-by-one and I sat down next to Anna and handed her a coke. She looked at me smiling and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“I told you that I didn’t want anything.”

“I’m aware of that, but being me I got you something anyways. That’s my job and don’t you forget it.” I said, which made her roll her eyes and smile. Anna stood up and walked over to Aimee, handing Aimee her car keys.

“Go home, get changed, take a shower. You reek, and nothing is changing here, you’ll feel better once you do. I’ll call you if anything does happen. And why don’t you bring back some clothes for everyone while you’re at it. Here are the keys to my house as well, if I’m correct there should be clothes to fit everyone.”

“Alright, I’ll be back.” Aimee said sighing, taking the keys and walked out.

Anna slouched into the spot beside me, Nick was on her side, me on the other, Danny was on my side with Brittney on his other. Both Anna and I knew for now it would be safest for everyone if Nick and Brittney weren’t next to each other. Everyone was so fragile emotionally at this point, we were all going to crack at some point, and I pray that Joe’s going to come out of it soon. All I could do was sit and pray, over and over and over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I know you all want to hit me at this present moment for how I left you, which is totally understandable. But the wait is over, and you found out the destiny of your beloved Jonas. And as usual I didn’t give you that info you want that quickly, teehee. Aside from this, subscribe and comment please.

~dancerbabe365