Status: Active <3

My Heart, It's Calling...You?!

Words We Don't Want To Say

Image



*Nick’s P.O.V.

Joe’s been in a coma for two days now. Today is September 10th and I’m not quite sure how much longer our family will last without him, someone’s sure to crack. And I have a feeling it just might be me. I sat down next my brother, who’s color seemed to be a bit better than yesterday. Hopefully it’s a good sign, but it’s not right to give myself false hope, only to be let down.

I placed my head in my hands unsure of what to do, we all know I’m the most realistic out of the band and reality wasn’t looking too good. His status wasn’t changing much, the driver still hasn’t been found, and the paparazzi are bound to find the hospital at one point or another. Who knows if he was ever going to wake up, and what would we do without him? Everyone would fall apart; it’s just too much for me to handle, especially all alone. I sighed, nothing can ever be easy. Can it?

Apparently not because my day just keeps getting better and better. I mean, I go to see my brother alone and deal with everything when Brittney and her little “boy toy” come strutting in. They both sat down on the two chairs on the opposite side of Joe’s hospital bed. There was enough tension in the air for you to cut through it with a knife, well between me and Brittney at least. Her little ‘friend’ was completely oblivious to what was going on in any shape or form.

The silence was just plain and weird until Anna finally called Brittney outside about a new set of sketches. Anna had been popping them out like crazy lately. Brittney stood up, saying she’d be back in a minute to the guy, completely ignoring me and walked out. I can’t believe she would date someone new so quickly, but I guess that’s how she works. And it’s killing me inside. Once she left all I could do was stare at Joe, who’s eyes were still glued shut. Damn.

“So, um…I’m Danny, Brittney’s new next-door neighbor, I don’t believe we’ve been introduced. Nick, right?” He said sticking out a hand for me to shake.

“Uh yeah.” I said ignoring his hand, and tried to end the small conversation.

Luckily I succeeded; he obviously realized I didn’t want to talk. And even if I did, it certainly wouldn’t be with him. Although it did make things a tad bit awkward, his back stiffened and the silence was deafening. I was ready to get up and walk out of the room to save myself when I heard a very missed voice say his signature phrase. And then I realized he was fine, and it seemed as if the sun had finally risen from the dark days that were now over.

*Joe’s P.O.V.

The voices I had heard over the past day or so were just getting irritating. I wanted to respond and tell them I was okay, and that I was confused. What happened? Where was I? Why was Aimee crying? And most importantly, why can’t I see or move?! I struggled to move or open my eyes with no success. If I could’ve, I would’ve groaned. I sighed mentally and listened for anyone, hoping someone would come and help me out when I heard footsteps. Very measured and steady, it had to be Nick.

He sat down on a chair next to me in complete silence unlike everyone else who had come in to see me. Within a minute or so, I heard two more sets of footsteps come in, I could feel the tension, and I couldn’t even see. It had to be Brittney, only she could do that to Nick. A few seconds, or was it minutes later Anna called Brittney sketches of some sort. She left which left Nick and someone else in the room. A second of awkward silence and the unknown person spoke.

“So, um…I’m Danny, Brittney’s new next-door neighbor, I don’t believe we’ve been introduced. Nick, right?” ‘Danny’ said.

“Uh yeah.” Nick said un-talkatively.

Okay, this does so not fly with me. Bumble Bee is for Nick, and Nick only. They are like Ying and Yang, meant to be together no matter what the differences are. My poor little bro is probably in agony right now, he needs me. I struggled one last time to open my eyes, and finally, it happened. I saw Nick and ‘Danny’ staring down each other. It was dead silent, and uncomfortable at that, so I believe it’s time for Superman to save the day once again with his catchphrase.

“Awkward.” my voice croaked.

“Joe! Oh my god! You’re okay!” Nick practically shouted, taking me in a hug.

I smiled faintly and lightly returned the hug. I don’t have much energy, I used it all straining to open my eyes and make the light return. But my question is still unanswered, what happened? When Nick pulled away I noticed the guy who was in here before had left, and I looked at Nick questionably wondering what exactly was going on. Since no one had explained it to me, why do I always have to be the last to know these things?

“Nick, what happened? I heard a lot of things but I couldn’t see anything. What happened? And what about Aimee, she was in here crying. Why?” I croaked, trying to understand what had happened.

“Joe, you were hit by a car and went into a coma.” He said quietly, but I noticed he looked a little more lively now.

“What do you mean I was hit by a car?” I said. You would think I would remember something like that. Apparently not.

“You were crossing the street by Aimee’s house, someone was speeding by and hit you.” Nick said, and looked down at the floor, as if extremely upset by the thought.

“Did Aimee see it?” I asked, immediately worrying about her. She had to have had a mental break-down, that is not exactly what you want to see. Especially, since she came home to avoid all of the craziness of life. Wow. How ironic?

“Yeah, she was the one who helped stop the bleeding. She went in the ambulance with you, and called us. Kevin had to practically beg her to go home and take a shower.”

“How is she?”

“Torn up real bad, she wouldn’t come see you the first day, she was too scared to. She hasn’t gotten much sleep lately either, but she finally got to sleep. You want me to wake her up to see you?”

“No! Let her sleep, she’s worried about me enough.” I said to him.

Next thing I knew, there was a stampede of footsteps coming to my room and I heard a few crashes. My mom came flying through the door with Dad and Frankie behind her. My mom attacked me with hugs and kisses and ‘Thank god you’re alright’s. Dad also gave me a hug and said the same, Frank the Tank hopped up on the bed laying himself next to me with his head on my shoulder.

Finally, after what felt like hours they finally let me breath, Kevin and Anna had also came in hand-in-hand shocked to see I was awake and tackled me with hugs. Anna grabbed me and kissed my forehead quickly. A few minutes later I noticed Anna had disappeared leaving me with my family, Brittney, and Danny who I had been introduced to. Then everything suddenly went silent, and they left the room. It was if there was something wrong.

Then, I saw Aimee standing hesitantly by the door to my hospital room. I saw something shiny in her hands, the necklace. This was definitely not the way that I had envisioned her getting it.

“Aimee-”

“Joe!” she screamed running to me and wrapping me in a tight hug. I could feel her hot tears on my neck, I rubbed her back comfortingly. Oh how I missed this, it felt like I was on cloud 9. I couldn’t let her go. Now was the time to win her back, because I’m dying without her love. She took a step back smiling with happy tears in her eyes. I looked at her, remembering how I felt the first time I saw her. The feeling of love rushed through my veins again, it felt amazing, and I was totally renewed. I squeezed her hand gently and smiled.

“I missed you.” I said quietly.

“I did too Joe, but I’m not going to talk about that right now.” She said knowing what I was referring to.

“I understand.” I said not wanting to push my luck, “What did I miss while I was asleep?”

“Apparently Anna can design-”

“Clothes, I remember you saying something about that.”

“You could hear everything?” She asked, I could see her shocked and almost traumatized face.

“Yeah, not all of it quite made sense, but I heard everything. I was freaking out when I heard all the commotion right after I got hit. But that was because I didn’t exactly know what had happened. Although, I felt a lot better when you came to see me.” I said, and smiled at her.

“Joe.” She warned and I stopped.

“Sorry, so Anna’s drawings, are they really good?”

“Definitely, I could see you three actually wearing them. She could earn a living that way. I was thinking of asking her to make Brittney’s Sweet Sixteen dress. Not that I’ve discussed it with either of them yet.”

“That sounds good, speaking of which. How is Bumble Bee?”I asked curiously, I hadn’t really spoken with her since she left.

“She’s….okay. She had basically gotten over Nick, well until this.”

“It’s not his fault though, Selena kissed him, not the other way around.”

“They kissed?! Brittney and I thought they had only held hands and were hanging around. Oh my god!” She whisper shouted standing up.

“Aimee, no, no, no, sit.” I hissed, “She kissed him, he didn’t want to be with her like that. He really wants Brittney back.”

“I get that but you can’t expect me not to tell her, can you? And if I don’t tell her, what if someone else does, it’ll probably sound worse that way.”

“I don’t know what I expected you to do. I guess it would be better if you told her.” I said, trying not to think about how badly this was probably going to end. If only I could keep my stupid mouth shut!

She sat down taking a deep breath, looking defeated. Nothing was ever plain and simple like it used to be. But that would be just too easy. I looked at her confused expression, gosh how I had missed her. I took her hand and kissed it lightly hoping it would help. Too bad it had the opposite effect, she pulled her hand away and tensed up, a lot. I laid my hands down on my stomach trying so hard not to push my limits, then I heard a set of heavy footsteps coming into the room, it was my doctor.

“I’m sorry but visiting hours are over, miss.”

“Oh, okay.” Aimee said and stood up.

She walked out of the room quietly without even saying goodbye. I fell quiet looking at my hands, what went wrong exactly? Does she even want to get back together again? I sighed, simplicity was never an option, if only I was a mind reader life would be so much easier. Maybe I shouldn’t have tried so quickly to see how she felt. I mean look what she just finished going through. The doctor walked over to me, and did some basic checks. It would be a while before they did they in depth one’s to make sure that I was perfectly fine.

Then I heard light footsteps running into my room. It was Aimee, she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. She looked into my eyes and it felt as if she could see right through me and hear what I was thinking.

“I missed you too Joe, a lot. I’m just not sure if I’m ready yet.” She said quietly.

She grabbed my hand and put something inside of it and forcing my hand to close. Her hands were clasped around mine and she gave me a kiss on the check and ran out of the room quickly. Just as she exited the room I whispered to myself.

Ciao Bella.

*Brittney’s P.O.V.

I hugged everyone goodbye, well except Joe, Aimee was in there. Danny and I were waiting for her to finish up so we could drop her off and head back to my dad’s. It had been a really long stressful two days between Nick, and Joe. Danny put his hands on my shoulders comfortingly, so I looked up at him and smiled. Aimee walked up to us ready to go with a confused look on her face, I could just tell that she didn’t quite finish saying what she needed to say. Her and Joe really needed to work things out between them. They couldn’t just end like this.

“I’m ready.” she sighed.

“No you’re not. Go back and really say goodbye.” I said, looking her in the eyes sternly.

She smiled like a good girl and ran as fast as she could back to Joe’s room. I smiled and tilted my head looking at her, that is what a girl in love looks like for sure. Now if only the two of them would talk out their problems and get back together. I could picture them living happily ever after, having kids, and then I was snapped out of my day dream by someone’s hand waving in front of my face, it was Danny.

“Hi, uh sorry.” I giggled.

“I’m going to start the car, I’ll meet you two out front.” he said kindly.

“Okay sure, and Danny thanks for bringing me here.”

“Anything for you.” he said smiling, and walked away.

I saw Aimee heading back towards me looking pleased with herself. I guess she said what she had to say. I gave Anna and Kevin quick hugs and promised them a call, I walked past Nick and gave Frankie, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas hugs. Aimee finished her goodbye’s as well, and we walked outside heading towards Danny’s car. I felt Aimee’s arm turn me around to face her. She looked serious, which made me nervous, as always.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Okay this is kind of hard for me to say to you. But I’d rather it come from me then someone else. Nick did more than hold hands with Selena.” She said tentatively.

“What are you trying to say?” I asked, arching an eyebrow. I could almost feel my lunch coming back up, just from hearing their names together.

“Well, they….”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, how’s everything going? Liking the sequel? Well let me know, rate message please and thank you! So, I’m really not feeling the love in comments. I would really like it if you commented, because I don’t feel like updating if no one’s reading this…alright, I hope you read and enjoyed this part!

~dancerbabe365