Status: Active. Feedback is appreciated!

Confessions of a Hollywood Celebrity

Meeting with Macaulay Culkin

Previously...

After washing myself all over, and then giving my hair a bath, I then stepped out of the tub and onto the towel covering the floor (as it was there to protect the floor from getting wet), grabbed another towel and began to dry myself off.

After putting my still-clean clothes back on, I then headed out of the room and caught a ride in my white stretch limo back to my mansion, where, once I reached my bedroom and changed into a purple nightshirt, I got into bed and fell asleep, exhausted.

For me, it had been a great day.


*****************

When my alarm clock read 7:00 AM, I opened my eyes. After untangling myself from my cocoon of blankets, I then got out of bed, reached over to my nightstand and picked up a hairbrush. After managing to transform my black hair from "bed head" to "smooth and straight", I then changed into my usual outfit, headed downstairs and got myself a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and a glass of chocolate milk -- my favorite breakfast ever since I came to Hollywood at the age of eleven and made friends with all those Hollywood stars. After all, a bowl of my favorite cereal and a glass of nice, cold chocolate milk is a great way to start my day.

When I finished, I went to the bathroom and took a shower. Then, at 8:30, I got out, dried my hair and body with a towel, and changed into the clothes I was wearing before. Then I brushed my teeth. Finally, I picked up my backpack and headed out the door, where a black stretch limo was waiting for me -- and, so were some paparazzi. They started snapping photos of me as I headed over to the limo, making me blink while trying to focus on where I was going.

"Ah, top of the morning to you, Miss Chan," said my chauffeur, John McClane. He had brown hair and nice black eyes set in a good-looking and kind face.

"And the rest of the day to you," I replied, smiling as I got inside and closed the door behind me.

John is Irish. He came to America from Ireland as a teenager, and he's a pretty cool guy, too. He once said of me,
"I think it's a great pleasure to drive Miss Jade Chan wherever she wants to go, whether it's to the mall, the home of a friend of hers, or to her house, and for free, too."

"Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way"


As I sat in the limo heading to the movie studio, the paparazzi headed after me. Inside I felt scared. Now I know exactly how my friends feel, especially Naomi Campbell, who, I've heard, is referred to by others as a "phone-flinging beast" with anger issues. However, I've talked with her, and she's the complete opposite of that. She's actually pretty nice.

I then pulled my schedule out of my backpack and looked at it. My meeting with actor Macaulay Culkin was at 11:00 AM and ended at 12:00 PM, and lunch with Naomi was at 2:00 PM. So at 12:00 PM, I got to spend time with Macaulay. Cool!

***********

"Hey there, Jade," said Macaulay as I walked up to him and gave him a hug. "You're here early."

I then looked up at the clock. It was true; I had gotten to the studio at 10:00 AM.

"You're right. I am," I replied, and then grinned.

"How come?" he asked.

"Paparazzi," I elaborated, as though that explained everything. "I don't know why. They follow me everywhere I go."

I shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration as the cries of "Jade! Jade, over here!" faded away into nothingness. "Now I know how you feel sometimes, Mac."

Macaulay nodded. He knew exactly how I felt. He himself had lots of experience being harassed by the paparazzi. Often he had to be very sneaky in order to whip right by them and into a public building. Sometimes he would often hide his face with a hat to ruin the shots the paparazzi were taking with their cameras.

And then there were the rumors and snide whispers Mac would often hear. The most rampant rumor that was going around would be about his own death. Some said,
"He is dead. I know he is."

Others said,
"Macaulay Culkin faked his own death, and I know it."

After Macaulay told me all those things, I shook my head, looking puzzled, and said,
"Macaulay, you're still alive. I can just tell." I then shrugged. Macaulay nodded, and then took my hand in his.

"So tell me," he said as we went over to a couch and sat down, "how have you been?"

I thought for a moment, as I usually do. Macaulay says it's one of those things about me that intrigues him. "Well, I've been doing good -- still keeping out of trouble, as usual. And Mary-Kate and Ashley -- you know who they are, right?"

"I do," said Macaulay. "Please, go on, Jade."

"Well, they offered to go shopping with me, and we went to the San Francisco Mall. It was awesome -- very awesome indeed."

"I see," said Mac. "Sounds like you have some awesome friends, besides myself of course."

I nodded. "Plus, I like spending time with you as well."

It was true. Mac and I have been friends ever since I came to Hollywood two years ago. I was eleven years old, and looking for a job. It was Macaulay who found me and helped me to find a job selling jewelry to the stars and supermodels. At first it was hard to remember important stuff, such as who liked diamonds and who liked emeralds, as well as having to keep financial records. But I got through it eventually with Macaulay's help. As a result, I've been put on the Fictional 15 list on Forbes.com (something I consider to be a great honor).

Macaulay nodded. "You're a great friend to me, too, Jade. How's your jewelry-selling business doing?"

"Great!" I replied, giving him two thumbs up. "I've recently looked at the financial records, and so far, I've been doing quite awesome. As for the money I earned, I do my best to make sure that I divide it into fourths. A third of my earnings I put into two money jars, a purse of mine, and a Vaultz cash box with a combination lock. Some I give to charity, too. Then, what I have left over I put into my Zillionz ATM Savings Bank."

It was true. I did look over the financial records, and I have been doing quite awesome lately. In my view, spending large amounts of money can be such a waste if you don't know what you're doing or if you have impulse buys (which is something I do my best to stay away from).
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I hope you're liking this story so far. :) I send my thanks to Troll and Maniac_Panda for their nice comments on this story. :)