Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

Early arrival

My eyes shot open the next morning. I felt like my throat was pushing up that cake I ate yesterday. I tried to swallow, but it was just too hard. I jumped up, getting Nick’s attention. He didn’t make a sound, all he did was jump out of the bed and run to my side, guiding me into the bathroom just in case I had to puke. Nothing came up, thankfully. I took a deep breath, wiping my eyes. It wasn’t until then that I realized I was crying.

“Mitchie?” Nick whispered finally, his voice taking instant effect, calming me. I let out an uncontrollable sob, curling myself into a ball. He grabbed me, pulling me into his chest, letting me cry on him like I had before. He brought his hand up to my cheek, wiping away the tears as fast as he came. Staring into his eyes, I saw that same worry, only it was deeper. “Shh. It’s okay. Baby, stop crying,” he begged, staring me down with his deep eyes. I nodded, pushing back the tears, not even knowing what brought them on. He sighed, kissing away the final tears, letting me hug him close. “We’re leaving now,” he whispered, getting a sigh out of me. I didn’t protest, only nodded as I realized I had ruined this whole trip. As if he knew by just staring into my eyes, he smiled, “You didn’t ruin anything. I want you better and I think you’ll be okay in New York.”

The realization hit me again-as if my brain was delayed-that he would be going back to California. He could see that, too, but he waited for me to say something.

“I don’t want you to go, though,” I whispered as he helped me stand.

“Look… it’s almost Thanksgiving, and you know your coming to my house, right? I know my mom definitely wants to see you and your family there, besides-she’ll have Abby and Mike’s families there, too. I’ll see you then, and I’ll be with you, every second. I promise,” he smiled, helping me over to the bed. I nodded, feeling myself smile.

I sat on the bed, protesting when he wouldn’t let me get up. He put all of our stuff in the bags and was done within moments, saying all I needed to do was go take a shower. I wasn’t going to ask him for help there, no matter how much I wanted to. I did as he said, feeling better as the warm water trickled off my skin, relaxing me. Maybe I was homesick? Maybe I had food poisoning? Maybe I was just sick… whatever it was, I’d get over it and I’d be fine. I was just happy to have Nick in my life. I smiled, looking down at that promise ring; it always seemed to make me smile and remind me of the fact that I had Nick to keep- and that’s exactly what I was going to do.

I shut off the water, wrapping the large towel around me, heading out into the room where Nick was waiting. He smiled, his cheeks turning red as he hurried into the bathroom. He was just too cute for his own good. I rummaged through the bag, getting my clothes out, needing to get ready to the flight back to New York. I was dreading this, knowing that I wouldn’t see him for a month, or less.

---

“Ah! I hope you feel better! Don’t hesitate to call me anytime. I travel a lot-oh! Who knows? Maybe we can come visit you in the states!” Fauna chirped, catching me in a hug. Nick and Jason said their goodbyes, exchanging numbers as Fiona and I did.

“That would be great,” I smiled, sticking my phone back in my pocket, grabbing Nick’s hand in return.

“Now… you two live in different locations?”

“Umm, yeah. Mitchie’s in New York. I’m in California. Sometimes we might be in New Jersey… so you’ll have to call us,” Nick said quietly, running his thumb over my hand. Fiona’s eyes brightened, giving us an enthusiastic nod.

“It was great meeting you Nick, Mitchie. Hope we can talk soon,” she smiled again, waving us off as we hurried on the plane.

“Are you sure you can take this? I don’t want you to get sick…” he trailed off, allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder.

“I’m fine. Really, Nick. I probably just had an upset stomach,” I sighed, looking up at the side of his face. I bit my lip, wondering if I should mention what was on my mind. “Nick?” I whispered, getting his attention. I took a deep breath, remembering what he said when we were at Abby’s house. “Do you think that it’s weird, Fiona and Jason… being married?” I asked curiously. He looked at me curiously for a moment, his eyes testing mine.

“No, I don’t think that,” he said quietly, kissing my forehead. I smiled, buckling my seat-belt, preparing for take off and our early arrival home… where I wouldn’t be able to see Nick for a month.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. I'm getting suckish at these! GARGH. I know what's going to happen, I just have to get it all out. Read my profile for information on this story, if you want. ha.
Comments, please?
I don't know what to say right now, just prepare for Thanksgiving. Warning: things might get too adorable. ha.