‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

32. End of the Fuse

********
Ann’s POV

Gerard appeared in front of me, “Ann enough of this. You’re not leaving.”

I swung my hand that was holding what was left of the knife in it and he moved out of the way, “Stay away from me!”

He held his hands up defensively, “This is really unnecessary and not helpful.”

“I want out of here. I don’t care what happens to Brendon but let me out!”

Gerard smirked, “That’s a little heartless isn’t it?”

I shook my head, “He’ll be fine on his own. He’s strong.”

Gerard nodded and went off about how Brendon always did well under pressure. I guess Gerard was rather envious of him. How Brendon could always do what he needed no matter what. Now I think he was leaning more of Brendon giving up one me.

Gerard rolled his eyes, “He never could do that.”

“You couldn’t either.”

I didn’t wait for a reply I turned around and ran back into the kitchen. By the time I got in there Gerard was sitting on the counter looking bored. He sighed and looked over at me. He jumped off the counter and tried to make his way over to me.

I took off to find another way out of here. It didn’t take long for me to go through the whole house and Gerard was there the whole time. He wasn’t giving me an inch to breath. The man was going to drive me insane.

I ended up running into Frank too. He seemed amused by Gerard following me everywhere. I punched him to give him my reaction. He stopped laughing pretty quick and left me alone. He was an ass anyways.

Though I had entered a new room and I felt like I had walked into another reality. Quite literally. I was in some kind of bar. I soon realized it was in more a dream mode. Gerard had to be showing me some kind of memory.

I moved through the crowd. He wanted me to see something in here but I obviously had to find it. I probably could have walked through the people around me but I tried my best to avoid them. I didn’t want to test the theory of me walking through them, granted they were figment of my imagination.

That’s when I saw Gerard. He was near a girl and a drink in his hand. His hair was a little longer then I was used to and he seemed clean. He had a suit on but it seemed too early for the style of the Dandies. I was assuming around the nineteen twenties. The girl that was wearing a dress to give me that vibe too.

I looked away from them and could hear a few notes from a piano. I looked through the crowd and could see a stage across the bar I was in. I made my way through and my heart nearly stopped when I saw who was on the stage. It was Brendon.

He was dragging his fingers over the piano and his upper body slowly swaying to the music. He was leaning over to a microphone and singing words to a song I never knew. He looked so content and almost happy.

“Here I am, composing a burlesque out of where they rest their necks. Sunken in their splintered cradles and ramshackle heads. They asked for it. As a girl, you have set your heart on haunting me forever from the start. It’s never silent.”

I shuddered as I felt something brush my shoulder, “See, he could never get over you.”

Gerard’s hand rested against my shoulder as he spoke into my ear. I shrugged him off and looked over at him smiling at me. Gerard looked over to Brendon and then over to his younger self with the girl.

“He did try. I’ll give him that. But, I couldn’t help myself. The boring part was she didn’t even look anything like you.”

I looked over at Brendon and he was watching someone walking up past the stage he was on. It was Gerard with the woman. Brendon’s smile fell as he continued to sing. He got tense and his fingers slipped from the keys as he stumbled to continue to perform.

The younger Gerard looked up at him and winked. Not to mention the woman just seemed to cling to him like he was the best thing in the world. I swear I could see Brendon’s heart break. I knew that look. I’d seen it the night I stabbed him.

I looked over to the one next to me, “Why couldn’t you let it go Gerard?”

The scene changed and it was Brendon running out of the club, “Mary!”

He looked both ways and I could see a couple walking down the street. He called again and started after the couple. Once he found out it wasn’t Gerard and the so called ‘Mary’ he ran off in the other way calling.

I heard the scream from a woman and Brendon stopped in front of an ally, “No. God no.”

He ran down the ally and sure enough there was Gerard. He dropped the body and looked up at Brendon. His mouth stained from the blood. She was limp and I knew then she was dead. I tried to walk forward but couldn’t.

Brendon fell to his knees, “Why? God damn it tell me why! After all this time!”

Gerard threw his head back and laughed, “You still refuse to understand this? I suffered and this is my revenge. I owe you Urie. A lifetime’s worth. Once you realize you will never be happy I will stop. So enjoy the ride you won’t be able to stop me anyways.”

Gerard walked over to Brendon and rubbed the top of Brendon’s head, messing up the hair, “You are a dog. A good little pathetic dog.”

Brendon growled and stood up. He shoved Gerard against the wall and held him by the throat. Brendon hissed with his fangs barred and Gerard just smiled. Gerard pried Brendon’s hand off with ease and Brendon winced. I could hear bones break. Gerard was crushing Brendon’s hand.

“See Urie. This is a circle. You are the one doing this to yourself.”

Brendon ripped himself away from Gerard, “What do you want from me?”

“Ann. She is all I ever wanted.”

Brendon shook his head, “You were never good for her. You caused her death.”

This time Gerard shook his head, “No. I did not cause her death. You were the one that never turned her. You let her die. Once you turned her away from me you killed her by not turning her.”

“She did not deserve to become a monster like you. That is all you have ever been.”

Gerard stepped closer, “She loved me. Until you came along.”

Brendon spat words back to him, “Until I came along? I was not the one that let that man touch her in ways that are forbidden. Though I am sure it was you and not that drunk boy.”

Gerard moved so fast I didn’t even see the hits as they collided against Brendon, “I never touched her in that way ever! I am no criminal. You gave me the scars of one but I am no mad man criminal.”

Brendon’s head turned as he leaned over to cough up the blood from the force of the hits, “They are your true colors. You never loved her Gerard. I saw you. How you watched her. It was an obsession.”

Gerard went off on another round of hits but Brendon joined in this time. I could see them swinging and blood sputtering. I looked away from them and at Gerard. He looked at the scene and back to me.

I spoke softly, “Neither of you were capable of finding middle ground.”

Gerard let the scene die off and I was back in the house, “It doesn’t matter now. I’ll kill you and move on. Just like the rest.”

I moved away from him, “No. I don’t want to di–”

He tried to smile, “Oh Sugar, when I say kill I mean turn you. Don’t worry sweetie, I love everything about you. It’d be a waste to just kill you. You have too much to offer.”

The image of Brendon killing Gerard stood out, “I can’t wait to watch you die.”

Gerard chuckled and looked at his feet before returning his gaze to me, “And I can’t wait to watch the color drain from you as I rip your neck open.”

I glared at him. What more could I do? I mean I couldn’t even leave a mark on him if I wanted to, “I’m not that worth it.”

“I thought that when I first saw you. I wasn’t planning on keeping you. I told William maybe for about a year and then I’d let you go. I’d be done. Step out of William’s and Brendon’s life forever. But things change.”

“Why do you want to keep me?”

He shrugged, “I don’t entirely know. I do know that I missed hurting him. I miss driving him to the edge. I just can’t help myself.”

With that being said he disappeared and I was alone. I shook as a leaf as I tried to keep my composure. I reached for the chair in front of me to sit on it but I pretty much missed the chair and collapsed onto the floor.

There had to be some kind of bargain I could make. There had to be something Gerard wanted from me that I could have to help me out of this. I didn’t know what it would be but I was going to have to find out quick. I was sure I was running out of time.

********************
Brendon’s POV

He was mine. This time I was going to kill Gerard and he wouldn’t see it coming. I smiled to myself at the thought. I had enough of him following me along and ruining anything worth living for. No. I was done with letting him walk over me.

Pete was next to me and was quiet. He wasn’t one to talk but I didn’t care. It’s not like I wanted to talk to the dude. All I needed from him was his strength if that. I felt on fire. I could take on the world if I wanted to.

I looked over to Pete, “I need to feed.”

Pete nodded and stopped, “How long do you need?”

I looked around us and could see someone getting in their car, “Not long.”

I didn’t waste anytime appearing near the person trying to get in their car. I grabbed them and forced their back to rest against the car. It was a man about thirty. He looked at me terrified as I held his throat. I moved my hand slightly and dove in; fangs barred.

I felt the skin tear as I sank in. I didn’t care if the holes were larger then necessary. I was starving. I could hear him try to scream but he didn’t put up much of a fight or it may have been I was to strong for him. I didn’t know but God the blood tasted good. I felt like I hadn’t feed in weeks.

I pulled away and dropped the body. The burning sensation just seemed to be intensified. I was still hungry. I looked over at Pete and he was staring at me in disgust. He was still using his little concoction to keep him from human blood. He really was missing out.

Pete spoke softly, “You are morbid.”

I pulled my hand up to my mouth to lick off the remaining blood from the man, “I am a vampire.”

Pete shook his head and sighed, “Can we please go find Ann?”

I nodded and started to focus on her scent. It was beyond faint now. I knew I could follow it but it was going to be hard. I wanted to move fast. Get all this energy out before I exploded.

I turned from Pete and started to run, “Keep up.”
*******************
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe! Please comment. :D Thanks to all who do