‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

33. Tight Rope

****************
Pete’s POV

When he told to me keep up I thought he was joking. Until I noticed that fact that I couldn’t keep up as much as I used to. He was so much faster then what he used to be. I didn’t know if it was from the blood he just had or if it was from whatever cured him from the poisoning.

Something was telling me he wasn’t completely healed yet. He wasn’t himself. I don’t know if it was the seriousness of the situation but this wasn’t normal old Brendon. I had a feeling that if we did save Ann I was going to have to keep her away from him just for a little.

He turned a corner and I was still a good five feet behind him. I pushed off a car as I turned hoping to add a little burst of energy. I felt kind of relieved I was on his side. Well, until he stopped and I realized why. We were right in the path of the Dandies heading our way.

I heard a deep growl from Brendon and I looked over there. William wasn’t there. I looked over at Brendon and he looked at me. He was furious with them. Something happened at that house and he knew it. I didn’t know the full story but what I had heard was he was going to a safe house Gerard owned. Looked like that didn’t happen and he got sent to his old home.

“What happened Urie?”

He didn’t even look at me, “I took care of things.”

“What did you do to William?”

I saw Brendon grin as he walked forward to meet the Dandies. I slowly followed him and I could see they all had their focus on him. He just seemed to strut his stuff and be proud. Whatever he had done he had done to William.

Brendon seemed so cocky as he started to laugh, “And how is good old William?”

Sisky smirked as he represented the group, “Better and he passes on a message.”

“Which is?”

“Watch your back Urie. Gerard knows you’re coming. A little bird told him.”

Brendon looked bored, “Well you can go tell that fuck to be ready. The hunters are ready to finish him. He better stay indoors for a while.”

A few of the Dandies looked over at my way and I held my ground. Some of them backed off but Sisky and Michael stayed behind. Brendon sighed and looked back at me. I looked over at him and just gave him a blank look. I was here if he needed me but I doubt he would.

Brendon’s voice was low, “I suggest that you two gentlemen leave.”

I heard them growl and I pulled out the stake that was hiding in my back pocket. They were so intent on him that they weren’t even looking at me. Sisky lunged for Brendon and Brendon grabbed him by the throat and threw him down to the ground.

Michael took his chance and swung a fist. Brendon moved out of the way but sent a nice right hook into Michael’s jaw. I could hear bones crack. Sisky got up and tried again. Brendon threw him away again and in my direction this time. I didn’t waste anytime shoving the wooden stake into his heart and let him explode into ash.

I looked over as Brendon held Michael off of the ground. His hand was gripping onto Michael’s neck and Michael was squirming. What happened next had surprised me. Michael exploded into ash in front of us and Brendon shook off his hand.

“Did you just crush his throat?”

Brendon looked at me, “Yes. Is that a problem?”

“No but I’d like to know what you did to William. You lied to me.”

Brendon started another fit of laughter, “Come on now Wentz. I lie to you all the time. Don’t be stupid.”

He started walking down the street as the Dandies behind us were trying to pick a fight with us. I walked up to him and then stopped in front of him. He looked at me like he was going to take my head off but I didn’t move.

I tried to stay calm, “You were the one trying to earn my trust.”

He walked past me, “But I never could, seem the fact of my past. Earning your trust is long gone. Though I would question your sanity if I was you; you are working with me.”

I turned to follow him, “What is the plan anyways?”

“You go in and get Ann as I kill Gerard. I think its simple enough for you to understand.”

Sure it was. As long as the Dandies stayed off our back as we worked on getting into were Ann was. Not to mention it wasn’t going to be easy. There was something else brewing. I could sense it.

*********
Ann’s POV

Frank was babysitting me. Yup. Instead of Gerard following me around I got a pissy Frank. He was still going off about his nose. Granted I didn’t do much damage but I could hope. Maybe it would heal wrong.

“I don’t need a babysitter.”

Frank rolled his eyes, “I’m not here because of you.”

I gave him a confused look, “What?”

“Brendon attacked William this morning. Drained him almost dry. He’s healed and heading this way.”

I felt my heart flutter, “Healed? Completely?”

Frank smirked and sat on the edge of the bed, “You could say something like that.”

I gave him a puzzled look, “What is that supposed to mean?”

Frank shrugged, “You’ll have to wait and see.”

I didn’t have to wait long. About five minutes later the window behind me erupted and was sending glass everywhere. Frank had grabbed me and we pretty much ducked and covered.

When the commotion stopped Frank pulled away, “You.”

I looked over to see Pete standing in the room with a stake in his head, “Pete?”

He smirked and Frank snarled. They started to fight and I moved out of the way as fast as I could. It didn’t take long to see Frank being tossed across the room and into the dresser. Frank got up and sent Pete into the wall.

That’s when I heard a crash from downstairs. My mind traveled to Brendon and I got out of that room as quick as I could. I had to get down there and convince Gerard to leave Brendon alone even if it did cost my human life.

I took the stairs two at a time as I descended. I think I skipped the last three. I heard another large crash and entered the living room. It looked like Taz had gone thorough and destroyed the place.

I could see Gerard send a punch into Brendon’s jaw and Brendon hitting the floor. I squeaked as I watch in horror. Brendon had gotten up and growled. I could see the rage just radiating off of him. He slammed Gerard into the wall and Gerard threw him off.

Brendon rested against the floor as Gerard spat words down to him, “Stay there Urie. It’s where you belong you pathetic dog. What did you think you were going to accomplish? We’ve been through this several times Urie and don’t think draining a strong vampire dry is going to help you.”

Brendon slowly stood up, “No. This ends tonight.”

“I’m giving you a chance to walk away Urie. Take it or die.”

Brendon started to chuckle, “Oh yes, someone is going to die tonight and it isn’t going to be me.”

Gerard smirked and motioned Brendon closer, “Give me what you’ve got.”

The next few minutes were almost too much for my eyes. They were moving fast but I could catch a few of the details. Brendon was getting a few good blows into Gerard’s right side but Gerard locked in a few on moves of his own.

When they broke apart Gerard was leaning against the wall holding his right side. The ribs were shattered I was sure. Brendon on the other hand was bleeding from his mouth and had a cut across his pale cheek from where the skin had broken from the punch he took.

It didn’t take long for the cut to heal in front of my eyes. Brendon was ready for more but Gerard looked like he needed another thirty seconds. Brendon didn’t give him time. He just started in another violent attack against Gerard. This time sending Gerard into wall and then crashing the coffee table in the room.

Gerard got up and picked up a piece of the shattered wood. It was nice and spiky and I was sure it was going to get a little tougher for Brendon. Brendon looked around and picked up the fireplace poker.

I got distracted as I heard a shuffle behind me. I whipped around and there stood William. He looked like he’d been run over with a lawn mower. His throat was all scarred and blotchy with several skin tones. He looked like a wind could knock him over.

His voice was so soft and it looked painful to speak, “Ann.”

“William–”

He held up his hand to cut me off, “Don’t. I don’t want to hear it. I’m here to do something I should have done years ago.”

Within seconds I was against the wall and William held a tight grip against my throat. I squirmed to fight him off. I noticed he clearly wasn’t as strong as he used to be but it was still enough to over power me.

He leaned closer and drove his fangs into my throat next to his hand. I screamed as fire erupted from my neck. I tried every tactic I could do in this position to try to get William to stop feeding off of me. I could feel my blood run down my collarbone and shoulder blade.

What felt like hours oh him ripping my neck open William finally pulled away and looked at me. I could see Pete behind him. William tried to say something but soon erupted into ash. I fell to the floor and Pete kneeled to me. He killed William. He actually killed William Beckett in front of me.

“Ann? Ann? Look at me.”

I felt Pete pull me to his chest and I looked up at him. I felt so dizzy and my eyelids felt so heavy. Pete bit into his wrist and held it over my neck. It didn’t really have any affect or so it felt like. I could still feel pain.

“Pete–”

Pete cut me off, “Shh. It’s alright. We’ll get you fixed up and you won’t notice a thing.”

“Bren–”

Pete looked up from me and over to the living room. He placed me on the floor and told me he was going to be right back. I wanted to nod but I couldn’t. I followed him with my eyes as best as I could. I needed him to get Brendon. I needed Brendon.

**********
Pete’s POV

I left Ann on the floor as I entered the living room. I knew she’d be fine for a few seconds because I had taken care of Frank and William. I felt a little jolt of relief mixed with pride knowing I killed William. I had spent all my years of being turned wanting revenge and I finally got it. Now I just had to make sure Ann lived.

The sight in front of me surprised me. Brendon was against the wall with a fire poker through his chest. Gerard had his arm raised ready to stake him. I stepped forward and stopped when I saw Brendon grabbed on to Gerard. He pulled Gerard towards him letting Gerard get impaled onto the poker. Gerard dropped the stake and exploded into ash.

Brendon looked over at me and down at his chest. He pushed off the wall and slowly walked forward letting the poker leave his body while it remained deep into the wall. He doubled over and fell to the floor. I rushed to him and helped him up to a sitting position.

“Are you alright Brendon?”

He nodded, “Yes.”

The hole in his shirt soon showed me he was healed perfectly. The extra vampire blood must have helped. He slowly got up and I did as well. He brushed past me and I knew he could smell Ann from in here.

He looked out from the living room and he sprinted towards her. I appeared next to him as he kneeled down. He pulled Ann into his arms and she was shaking lightly. Her pupils were dilated and unfocused.

His fingers ran over her face, “Sweetie? It’s Brendon.”

She didn’t respond at all and Brendon bit into his wrist. He placed it over her mouth and held it against the shaking body. I fell to my knees next to him as I returned my bleeding wrist over the wounds William had left.

Brendon shook his head and forced me away as he pulled Ann closer, “No. Ann. Ann!”

She wasn’t moving at all and Brendon placed his head against her chest. He pulled away quickly and let his other hand squeeze onto his wrist as he desperately tried to force more blood out of him and into Ann.

“Come Ann. Don’t you dare leave me.” He shook his head and leaned down to her chest to hear, “No! Damn it Ann! I’ve worked to hard. Don’t leave me!”

I could hear the sadness in his voice. This didn’t look good. I watched the wound on my hand heal as he continued to try to help Ann. I think we were too late. She wasn’t moving at all.

“Brendon enough–”

Brendon turned to me and growled at me with the rage I had seen early tonight, “Stay out of this Wentz!”

I wanted to place my hand on his shoulder, “Brendon its ok. She’s gone–”

Brendon swung his hand back at me and I got a blow to the arm that stung, “Don’t say that! There is a pulse!”

He didn’t look at me again. I shook my head. As much as I didn’t want to lose Ann I had a feeling she wasn’t going to make it. She lost too much blood and we acted to late. I loved her like a sister. She was family to me. She had to make it. She kept me sane in the darkest of moments. I needed her around.

I needed Ann to live for me. Not to mention for Brendon. After all he had done she’d still be by his side helping him up and healing. She made me stronger and he needed that. After all these years he’d found a rock to lean on.

Brendon spat at me, “All you had to do was grab her and leave.”

I knew he was upset but those words stung across me like I was in a pit of fire. Any happiness of killing William died and I felt sorrow. He was right. If I had just grabbed her and go we’d be fine. But I also took out two vampires that would have killed hundreds more.

He looked at me and his eyes looked full of hatred, “You did this to her.”

I shook my head and snapped back, “You’re as guilty as I am. If you had never come after her she’d been fine. Away from any danger.”

Brendon had seemed to be lost in his head. I was almost afraid to know what was going on in his head. I think the only reason he hadn’t killed me yet was because Ann loved me so much.

He spoke very quietly as he leaned down to kiss her forehead, “If she dies I’m going after you and the hunters.”

******************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Noticed I posted two chapters today. So if you just read this one then you missed a whole chapter. (Good going. XD) So make sure you’ve read both. I do love you guys so much. You always give me great feedback.

So, please comment and subscribe.

Alrighty, on to the long author’s note:

Alright guys, I bet you weren’t expecting the end coming up were you? XD Sorry. I couldn’t help it. So I think about one to two more chapters and were done. I have three endings I’m working with right now for this story so I’ve got to pick. So? We’ll (Yes, I talk about myself that way) figure that mess out soon. XD

But don’t panic, since you peeps love my Brenny Bear story so much I will be doing a brand new Brendon Urie vampire story just for you guys. See, I care too much about you guys. <3 So if you willing to read it, let me know and I’ll get it started ASAP.

Also, I’ll be having a short story/one shot about Brendon Urie (Human XD) being an ‘impulsive killer.’ I got an idea from and old interview between Urie and Smith(It may have been Walker). They were asked ‘what kind of killer they’d be if they were one’. Brendon answered he’d have to be impulsive. Said he always does impulsive actions. Said he’d take and axe to someone if he had the adrenaline rush. Scary I know, but it gave me one hell of an idea. It will be a lot different from Rumored Nights (Rewriting and finishing btw.).

Also, you can tell I’ve been having slower updates but they are longer. Why? Well, because I have no internet at home right now so that is killing me but I am finding ways to post. So do celebrate that.

Also, I have a formspring now. Feel free to ask anything you want. Story related or not. Even if it’s why I have the title as it is. If you want. Or you can even ask in the comment section. I’ve had a few questions in the past and don’t mind answering. So if something’s bugging you, ask away.

Also, I got asked if I’m taking oneshot request still. Yes I am. Message me if you’re interested. I’m not the best but I try.

Oh, and I turn eighteen on Thursday. FINALLY! GAH!

Love you guys, always
<3 Alpha

P.s. If you want a killer story to read. Check out my online bff Summerlin’s The Redemption of Pete Wentz. That story is freaking AWESOME! I’m on the edge of my seat and in love with the story. (We compare our Brendon’s here and there. XD Like the bare footness.)

P.P.S. Did I tell you I love you guys? Just wondering. XD <3