‹ Prequel: Deadly Kiss
Sequel: You're Overdue
Status: Complete. Sequel is up.

Holding My Heart

34. Catch Me Like A Cold

******************
Pete’s POV

While Brendon continued to hang all over Ann’s body I had made a phone call on my cell to the guys. I had given them the address and it didn’t take them long to get here. Patrick came in and I could see him ready to burst into tears. Ann was family to all of us and he was the closest with her. This had to be ripping him to pieces.

Joe looked at me, “You got Beckett right?”

Brendon snorted and his attitude was far from a Nobel Peace Prize, “The only reason he got Beckett was because of what I did to him. Pete was starving so he was a tad stronger then usual and Beckett was practically as pathetic as a human. I, on the other hand got impaled by a fire poker.”

I snapped right back at him, “There is no need to be an ass Urie.”

Brendon turned his head to me and gave me a cold glare, “You know something Wentz you’re pretty pathetic when you’re–”

Patrick looked like he could wring both our necks, “Enough. What about Ann?”

I furred my eyebrows as Brendon’s attitude changed when he looked down at her. He was smiling. That freak had issues and it was getting to me. He stroked her face and kissed her forehead, “She’s dying.”

Andy moved closer to look, “Can you turn her?”

Brendon shrugged as he moved to pull her closer to him, “She has enough of Pete’s and my own blood in her that may happen. I can’t tell yet. I’ll know after she dies if she turned. We may have been too late.”

Patrick kneeled across from Brendon, “How long will it take, because if it’s a decent amount of time we can take her to the hospital.”

Brendon scooted back slightly pulling Ann away from Patrick, “Not long.”

I furred my eyebrows. He wasn’t letting anyone touch her. A little egotistical or so I thought. We all had the right to be right there and comfort her. I was sure she could still hear us. She may have become unresponsive but still hear. Maybe that was what my mind was telling me so I could handle the situation.

I didn’t want her to die or get turned. I didn’t wish this life for anyone. Not even my enemies. The war I faced everyday on feeding off a human was enough to drive anyone insane. I couldn’t let this happen to her. She didn’t deserve this. She deserved to be a normal teen.

Patrick tried to reach for her and Brendon slapped the hand away including a hiss from his mouth, “Don’t touch her.”

Patrick held his hands up defensively, “Brendon, its ok. I love her as much as you do.”

He shook his head, “No it’s not! You did this to her. You endangered her. All of you.”

I let out a low growl, “You started this. Not us.”

Brendon glared at me, “No. It was you. You all chose to hunt us. You could have left her out of it but no you dragged her into it.”

I responded, “You stalked her!”

If Brendon wasn’t holding Ann I was sure he would attack me, “I was watching over her!”

I pointed at her almost lifeless body, “What a great job you did–’

Andy was our peace maker, “Enough guys. If Ann can hear us, she doesn’t need us fighting.”

I sighed and started to pace. It was a nervous habit. I used to pace when my insomnia used to kick in. It would wear me out enough that I pretty much was forced into passing out and sleeping. Ever since I was turned I didn’t do it as often but it called for it now.

I shook my head and stopped pacing, “I can’t do this. I can’t sit here and let her die. We need to take her to the hospital.”

Brendon looked down at her and I noticed his fingers against her wrist, “I wouldn’t worry about it. She’s already gone.”

Brendon let her rest on the floor and stood up. I could hear his joints creak as he stretched. He said it wouldn’t be long to see if she turned. Patrick moved closer to Ann and Brendon let out a snarl.

I appeared in front of him as he turned to face Patrick. I kept my ground as he tried to move past me. He was serious on no one touching Ann. So I gave him a taste of his own medicine. I shoved him as hard as I could and sent him flying back.

So, mostly I did that because I needed to. I felt it was appropriate none the less but I needed it. Let me tell you, it felt great. Granted, I never liked Brendon this just seemed to fuel that fire.

And well, Brendon didn’t like me either. Now he was ready to kill me and I was expecting it. Just not the strength behind it. When he had gotten up he sent me into a wall this time and I felt like every bone in my body shattered. I hadn’t even recovered before he sent me crashing through a wall into another room. He was so quiet yet so fast.

Brendon walked through the entry way and I saw the fire poker still in the wall. I was up and near it before Brendon could react. I pulled it out fairly easily and Brendon’s eyes narrowed. I was using the poker for defense if I needed it but I have a feel he thinks I mean it as an attack.

He was being cliché yet honest, “So this is how it’s going to end? You trying to kill me?”

I could feel my body desperately trying to heal itself as quickly as it could, “If you want it to be.”

I don’t think I could take another forceful hit from him. He was too strong and now I could barely stand. He knew it too. I could tell by that smirk he had on his face. I wasn’t going to lie, this was personal. Beyond any measurements.

He took a few steps in my direction, “This will be a piece of cake then. You can’t even stand with out nearly falling.”

“That doesn’t matter.”

Brendon nodded and lost the smile, “Oh yes it does. You’re so pathetic it’s not even funny.”

I lunged for Brendon this time and I knew then I wasn’t going to do any damage. I was sent to the floor as if I had run into a brick wall. The force against my chest made me land and I hit my head this time around. I rolled over to my side and I started to cough. Another bad sign, I was coughing up blood. A rather large amount.

He had to have hit a few organs.

He stood over me and leaned down to pick up the poker I had discarded from the force of him. He knelt over me and flipped me onto my back. This is when I got scared. The first time I got scared in a long time.

I could barely talk, “Don’t.”

Brendon laughed, “This is how it’s always going to be Pete. A beautiful person I love with my whole heart dead and I’m stuck fighting with an enemy. After all these years I still lose her and gain more enemies. I learned it’s easier to kill them off.”

When he raised the poker I knew I was going to die. This would be the second time but I knew it was coming. I figured I might was well take it honorable. I can’t fight him but I’ll face it. If I was going to die here I knew I was going to die a hero.

I watch as it started to descend and heard a voice, “Brendon no!”

**************
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, Cliffhanger. I know, cruel. I can’t help it. XD I’m sooo sorry guys.
Thanks for reading. So this isn’t the end but next chapter should be.

Please comment and subscribe. Please? <3

Also, new Brendon Urie vampire story out. Just for you guys. Will you send it some love? It’s called Let’s Kill Tonight I hope you guys like it. I’ve been making it just for you guys. And it’s in third person which I suck at writing as I recently found out. XD So I guess practice makes perfect. Lol

Thanks to all who have commented through out the whole story. Some once, some all the time. With out these guys I wouldn’t be writing.:
outthewindow
secrets-that-die
PinkSkinnyJeans72
Taste
rivals are insane (She is so uber cool for all the support and is one hell of a writer)
RAWR-ima-eat-you
Saying-I'm-So-Sorry
MusicMadness (One hell of a co-writer and she is so bad ass)
APrettyOddLove
Jeezkay
plug-in-baby
RandaRue22
Sammiesweetart
Margaret Monday
Jordann23
PsychoBarbie
Slytherin Jinx
SmexyPeanutButter
Gabbyx3 and grace_lou_freebush ( You can thank these two for the sex scene. XD They pushed me into doing it and they didn’t even have to try)
KhaosQueen
underdog93
Dr. Mrs. Vandertramp and brigitte for catching some of my major errors.
jessi_sunshine (She left me to many comments that made me laugh and really get into my characters.)
Simoneavt
MidnightSilence
KatieInStereo
dncflrdntlvme87
ingridkusterbeck
diamondsandvengeance
Daniele Marie
ShawnieRiot (Always has great timing)
UltraViolett (She and I are going to end up being locked up for obsessions)
InvaderxZelda64 (A great writer who is very supportive and I’m happy to have met her. She and I have so much in common.)
akanevampire19(Another great fan who read for two straight days.)
Patdxo27(Another fan who took the time to read it all in a short amount of time)
outrage94
EverSinceWeMet
And last but not least Summerlin. This girl has been so amazing to me. She even offered to co-write a story when my other author ditched me. She has been so supportive and letting me bounce ideas off of her. She is a mind blowing writer who should be on the New York Best Seller’s list. She is just astounding in every which way possible. She even is a big part in helping me have the B.U.A. I thank her more then you guys could ever know. She helped this story be as great as it is.
Though to all of you, I thank you for the loyal support and hope you stick around to see what else I bring out of the hat.

And one last thank you to all who have made me the most beautiful banners. I have no talent and you guys came through for me. I love you guys. <3 This has been a long journey. Let's not let it end. :D

And who skipped chapter 33? XD It says 31 readers but for chapter 33 it says 49 readers.