Status: Sorry I havn't updated it in a while......I forgot. But I'm back :-)

Hurricane Adam

Running

That night, after everyone was asleep, I packed only what I needed, climbed out the window, and left. I decided to take a bus to key Largo because I knew that if I was on another island it would be harder to find me the next morning when my mom freaked out and called the cops.
Once I got on the bus I started thinking about all these different things. I had to find a way to make money so I could survive, I had about 5,000 dollars from a few years savings, but I was going to need a lot more to stay at a hotel or an apartment building. It didn't have to be fancy or anything, just a place to stay. And I would have to fake my age to get a job. Which wouldn't actually be that hard because I was a tall person so I could pass for nineteen or twenty easily. That's one less thing I have to worry about. And I would have to change my appearance so the cops wouldn't recognize me. In the midst of thinking about all of this the bus driver stopped and called for people who were getting off at Key Largo, so I grabbed everything and got off.
I started walking to nearest salon to change my appearance. I knew I had to do it as soon as possible. While I was walking I started thinking about how I was going to have my hair done. I thought about the way I looked right now. I had blondish, brunette, hair, it was long, curly, and my bangs were grown out. I decided I would get my hair cut into a bob with bangs and die it black with golden blond highlights. Oh, and have it permanently straightened. It wasn't long after I finished thinking about all this when I got to the salon. I walked in, told the lady what I wanted, and she seemed kind of surprised. She asked me if I was sure and I told her yes. I suppose I don't actually look like a black hair type person, but I was doing it so that no one would recognize me. When I was done, she spun my chair around and said, "Dada!" I told her it was perfect. I got up, paid her and started to walk out when I heard her mumble something along the lines of "OK...." Then I left.
As I was walking down the street I had no idea where i was going and started thinking about where I was going to stay for the night, I decided to stay at a hotel I had seen when I was walking to the salon. It had a sale, half off when you stay a week or more. I decided in my case, that was pretty good. I started walking and as I was walking to the hotel, I thought about what I was going to change my name to. In the end I came up with Mandy McAllister. And so that was my new name.
Once I was at the hotel I walked and got a room key. Then I went straight to my room. At that point it was about three in the morning, so I was super tired. when I got into my room I locked the door behind me, put my stuff in one of the chairs, and went to sleep in a matter of minutes.
When I woke up, I decided to watch TV. I pushed the power button on the remote. The news was on. And on the news was me. They said that a seventeen year old girl named Malorie James had gone missing and that the police were going to search all of Key West, and notify police in surrounding cities. Then they showed my picture. That was all I needed to hear. I turned the TV off, grabbed my stuff, and ran for the exit. I stopped at the front desk and had to pay full price because I hadn't stayed for 'a week or more'. Then I ran out the door as fast as I could.
Since they were searching all surrounding cities, I decided I would have to go all the way to Miami, in the main part of Florida. I knew they probably wouldn't be able to find me in a big city like that. I found the nearest bus and asked him how much it would cost to go all the way to Miami. He said it would probably be around a hundred dollars. I told him that's where I was going. I handed him the money and sat down. I tried to go to sleep because I knew that it was going to be about a three hour trip. And after a few minutes I dozed off.
When I woke up I was in Orlando. I looked out the window and I saw hundreds of people, not in the whole city, but just in the streets and on the sidewalks. About an hour and a half later, I was in Miami. I got my stuff and got off the bus. The streets here were even more crowded then Orlando. I decided to stop at a restaurant to get something to eat and to ask for directions. I walked in and asked for a glass of water and a mini bag of chips. "What do you think is the cheapest hotel in Miami?" I asked. "Probably The Marian Hotel. It's about fifteen bucks for one night if you get an extra small room." he said. "Perfect." I said. I drank my water, grabbed my mini bag of chips for later, paid, and left. As I was walking down the street, I saw a cop, I tried to keep my hood up so he wouldn't recognize me. I might have changed my hair, and that helped, but my face was still the same. I was almost past him, when he came up to me and asked if I had seen this girl. He was showing me a picture of myself. And if he was asking everyone this, then that meant soon other people might recognize me. I kept my hood down as best I could and said, "Ah..,nope, sorry." Then he looked at me kind of weird. "Miss, could I see your license please?" he asked. "I don't have a car." I said. "Where are your parents?" he asked. "I'm Twenty." I said. "You don't look Twenty." he argued. "Do you have a problem with short people?" I asked. "No, I have a problem with under aged people roaming the streets of Miami without their parents." he said. "Your going to have to come down to the station with me, or I'm going to have to force you to. So, would you like to do this the easy way, or the hard way?" He asked. And I finally gave in. I guess I was done running.