‹ Prequel: A Twisted Love
Sequel: Heedless Hearts
Status: Active, might be slow active. I don't know yet.

When It All Fell Apart

New inhabitance

"Cole..." I breathed. I could tell by the honesty in his expression that his confession was truthful. With an enormous grin on my face, I pulled his slender frame into my chest. I leant my head on his shoulder and breathed in his pleasant smelling cologne. It was an odd mixture of nearly orgasmic scents that suited him perfectly.

"I love you too." I whispered into his warm skin. I pulled my face away just enough to place a chaste kiss on Colton's awaiting lips. A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, and he tightened his arms around me. My heart beat race picked up due to nerves and anxiety. I was still cautious- afraid even. What if this was all some kind of sick joke? Or maybe even a dream? I felt as if I would make one mistake, and all of this would be gone. Things would go back to the way they were just a few minutes ago, and I would once again be free to wallow in a sea of hopeless misery. At the moment, everything felt all too surreal.

Colton eventually pried me off of his body (with great effort), and told me that we should continue packing if we wanted to have any of our possessions with us when we moved. I agreed reluctantly and resumed my position of shoving random shit into whatever suitcase and box I found within my reach. As I packed, I mulled over my current situation regarding mine and Colton's relationship. I wasn't sure exactly what we were at the moment. Not that it mattered all the much. Just as long as I was able to have him as my own, I would be satisfied. I almost couldn't believe the luck I was having today.

I mean, who knew that just by offering to pack for Colton, I would mend our broken relationship?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Four Weeks Later

I watched scenery fly past my eyes as every image before me melded into one huge, colorful blur. The cold window pane glass that was currently pressed against my forehead was giving me a headache. I turned around to see Colton leaning against the plush seat of the car, his head falling limply to one side. His eyes seemed to be glued shut and his breathing was slow and even. He just had to fall asleep on this horrifyingly boring ride to where our new place of inhabitance would reside.

It had taken four full weeks of packing, selling the house, and then searching for a new one before we were finally ready to leave our old home. Between these weeks, nothing particularly worthy of documenting has occurred. It was just a repeating sequence of events nearly every day: Wake up, go to school, come home, spend time with Colton, go to sleep, repeat.

As for Colton and I... we were taking it slow. Not that I minded. Neither of us wanted our relationship to play out the way that it did before. I wanted to enjoy every moment I spent with him, not rush it or take advantage of him in any way. What happened last time, with Rachel, was entirely in the past. I would never dream of doing that to him again. I blamed mindless stupidity and confusion on the fact that I had even considered hurting him that time.

In the midst of my thoughts, I had completely lost track of the time or my surroundings. As it turns out, the car had skidded to a halt a while ago. My mom turned around in the driver's seat and sent me a sharp glare. Without a word, she got out of the car and slammed the door shut. To my surprise, Colton didn't even stir. He must be in a really deep sleep.

Feeling guilty, I gently prodded his shoulder, silently urging him to wake up. A soft groan escaped the back of Colton's throat, and he finally sat up. I offered him a sheepish smile and he just sighed.

"Why'd you have to wake me up?" He whined, pouting childishly.

"We're here." I told him simply. He groaned again, this time louder.

"I was having a really good dream though!" He complained. I cocked an eyebrow.

"About...?"

"You." He said, grinning cheekily. I giggled in response and placed a soft kiss to the corner of his lips. Colton frowned, looking like he wanted me to do more than just that. That was impossible, my mom was right outside. Just giving him a quick kiss was an extreme risk.

"Tease." Colton muttered as I climbed out of the car. I rolled my eyes playfully at him and began to help my mom bring in the majority of the boxes. The moving truck should be here soon. They were going to bring all of our furniture and everything that we couldn't fit in our small, family-sized Honda.

As I was walking towards our new house, I examined the outside of it. It was tiny compared to our other house, but I was grateful my mom had found a house instead of an apartment. This was slightly better at least. The house had a friendly looking yellow-tiled roof, and it was made up of cream colored bricks. A small wrought iron fence surrounded it's exterior. It even had a cute little stone path leading up to the front porch. Considering our severe lack of money, this place wasn't so bad. Mom had managed to find a relatively good deal on it.

When I was done observing the outside, I decided to finally step inside of it. I pushed the front door open and immediately dropped the heavy box in my hands to the floor, kicking it carelessly to the side. I smiled slightly as I entered what would soon serve as the living room. It was a fair size, as were the rest of the rooms. I heard footsteps behind me after a while, and I turned to see that Colton had wandered inside as well.

He walked up in back of me and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I instantly tensed in his embrace. A million different horrid scenarios rampaged through my mind, and I tried to pull away from him at once.

"Calm down," Colton breathed into my ear. "Mom's outside talking to the moving guys. They just arrived. She shouldn't be in here for a while. She's discussing where they should place all of the furniture and other crap."

I sighed in relief and relaxed a bit, leaning into him.

"It's nice here." Colton said softly. I nodded against his chest and spun around so that I was facing him. I pressed my lips against his briefly, just giving him a small taste. He had a longing look in his eyes when I pulled away.

"You know, we're going to be sharing a room." I reminded him suggestively. That was a definite plus of moving here- there were only two rooms. Colton and I got to share the master bedroom on the top floor, and our mom had a smaller bedroom on the first floor. This was certainly going to be quite fun.

"Oh, trust me, I have plans." Colton said, flashing a sexy smirk my way.

I can't help but wonder what those plans consist of...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehehe, I have plans my dear readers, I do.
But I will not be able to carry out those oh-so-interesting plans if you don't comment and subscribe!

Please&Thank you! ;)♥