Sequel: 30 Years Past
Status: Finished and Sequel has Begun.

1000 Years in the Making

The Hunt

“What are you yelling about?” Eric said turning in bed and looking at me as I frantically threw on my clothes.
“Claude, that was his voice in the woods, I should have known when he called me sugga. And Sam said there was a female vampire in the bar, he described her and it sounded a lot like Katie” I started to head downstairs.
“Where exactly are you going, there’s not a lot we can do with that information” He said following behind me.
“I’m going to tell Godric maybe he can help us confirm it was him, he did chase after him in the woods” I walked out of the house.
“Valary, calm down for a minute, how can you go from being afraid of Godric and crying about everything, to running back to him to save the day” Eric said his voice very harsh. I whipped around and glared at him.
“What’s your problem now, I’m trying to find out who is framing me, and your busy trying to hold me back” I stalked toward him and glared into his eyes.
“Seriously, I just came all the way to our old house just to see if you were ok and suddenly I’m the bad guy again, and why does it surprise me, I’m always the bad guy. Every time we get together and things are almost back to normal you run away to Godric” He was walking around in circles trying to wrap his head around everything. He had a point and I felt really bad that every time we had sex I ended up running to Godric or leaving him.
“Eric I’m-” I was cut off.
“Save it Val, let’s just get back to the bar so you can tell Godric the good news about Claude” He started walking towards the path through the woods. I jogged to catch up with him and we walked in silence all the way to the bar.

“Val, where on earth have you been, I’ve been worried sick. First you sleep for two days and then you run off without any of us knowing where, what has gotten into you” Godric said embracing me as soon as he saw me. I pushed away from the embrace and looked up at him.
“Godric we need to talk, lets go to Eric’s office” I turned to look at Eric for permission and he nodded. Godric and I walked back to Eric’s office and sat down on the leather couch.
“What’s up?” Godric asked watching my every move.
“You need to know the truth about everything, about my time here and about everything that has been going on between us” I started and paused waiting for him to figure out if he was going to listen or just rip my head off before I could tell him anymore.
“Go on” He spoke in a soft business like tone.
“You, you have this power over me and it scares me to death, and you don’t care that you hurt me, you just care that you get answers. The day you came home and I woke up with you choking me I never thought in my life I could ever be that scared, but you managed it. You go form being so sweet and caring one minute to being cruel and demanding the next. You fucking tortured me in the middle of Merlotte’s, what boyfriend does that” I looked away composing myself, “Now I’m fully aware that it is not just you that has been doing wrong in this relationship, I am at fault as well. Never in my life did I ever think coming back to Bon Temps would be a good thing, but seeing Bill and meeting Sookie I really enjoyed it, even with Eric pestering me. From that pestering came a renewed connection, I’m sorry to tell you but I did have a sort of affair with Eric, but do remember this we were together for a long time and we know each other better than anyone else. We have our quarrels but that’s just how we always were.” I looked up at Godric and he was just sitting there perfectly content, “I accept the punishment you give me, it’s the least I can do after you spared my life and after putting you through all of this” I bowed my head to him and waited.
“Val, what are you doing, and where did Godric run off to?” Eric asked walking into his office.
“What the-” I cut myself off in amazement, “Where the hell did he go?” I asked myself.
“You told him about Claude and he ran off, that seems a little odd” He pointed out.
“I didn’t tell him about Claude, I told him about us and everything he did to me, I thought he would at least say something, not just leave without a trace” I stood up and rubbed my forehead contemplating everything.
“You what!” Eric raised his voice.
“I did what you wanted me to do aren’t you happy, I told him about everything and he left” I explained.
“Well yea I’m happy, but we are going to be in a world of hurt. He’s not going to help us at all, what about the investigation, we could have used him and his team, and honestly I think you need a break from relationships” Eric paced back and forth. I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, he turned and looked at me.
“But just think, we can finally be together, and I bet we can figure out this investigation all by ourselves, who knows Claude and Katie better than us” I smirked.
“We will continue the investigation together, but I really do think you need some time to just be you” He took my hand off his shoulder and looked at me sincerely.
“Fine, but I’m not going to be happy about it” I huffed and walked out of the office.

“What am I going to do with her” I said to myself as I shook my head after she left my office. She was always one extreme or the other and it was always so hard to reason with her, I still couldn’t believe that she agreed to not get together, but I think she secretly knew it was for the best. I walked out of my office and joined Pam and Valary in the main part of the bar.
“So what’s the plan all knowing vampire” Valary asked sarcastically.
“Well I’d say we go on a little hunt” I smirked.
“A hunt, a good old fashioned hunt, or a hunt for Claude” Pam asked leaning on the bar.
“Good old fashioned hunt, let’s throw Claude off his game” I winked and we all three sped out the door and into the woods.

Bill and I were sitting in his living room at about 1 in the morning when there was a loud banging on the front door. Bill groaned and walked to the door.
“Valary what are you doing here, and why are you covered in blood?” I heard Bill ask as he stepped to one side to let her in. Valary stumbled in and looked over at me and waved like she was drunk and then dropped to the ground.
“What the hell!” I yelped running to her side as Bill turned her over onto her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update, I know I haven't updated in a while it's been really crazy and school starts in a week and a half so updates will be a little less frequent.
Still trying to get a feel for where this story is going, but i took some suggestions from some people and got this chapter.
Hope you enjoy, comments appreciated. =D