Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 14

**Author's Note: From now on, when someone comments, I will tribute them here.

So:
Days_News. Thank you. Thanks to you, everyone gets another chapter. Everyone should be grateful.**

_____________________

I picked up my schoolbag and kissed Dad on the cheek.

“I’m going to Lindsay’s house after school, so Linda’s going to bring home my bag.”

He nodded.

“As long as it’s not loaded with bricks. Any books you don’t need for holiday homework, you leave there, okay?”

“Okay.”

I slung my bag over my shoulder and ran out the door after Linda. As we passed Mikey’s house, Danielle and James came out.

“Hey guys.”

I kissed James, to much giggling from Dani.

“PDA.”

“Damn straight.”

As we turned the corner, Dani stopped and blinked.

“Is this the route we usually go?”

I nodded slowly.

“Oh, okay. It’s just- isn’t there supposed to be a mailbox on that corner?”

She pointed over the road.

“There is a mailbox there, Dani.”

“Really? I can’t see it. Oh, that? I thought that was a tree.”

I bent down to see it from her level.

“How the hell does that look like a tree?”

She shrugged.

“I don’t know, it just looked like it was part of the tree behind it.”

James laughed.

“Maybe you need glasses, Dani.”

“Maybe.”

As we reached school, James grinned at me.

“See you in the auditorium.”

I groaned. Last performance of Romeo and Juliet. To the whole school.

As I dumped my bag in my locker, Lindsay came up behind me.

“Come on, we need to go get changed. Come with me, Juliet.”

I grinned.

“Whatever you say, Nurse.”

The performance went fine. I remembered my lines, nobody stuffed up, and I think I managed to get into it. The tears at the end were real, at least from me. As we changed back into our normal clothes, Lindsay bounced up and hugged me.

“That was brilliant! You’re such a great actress, I wish I had your talent.”

I shrugged and pulled my shoulder-length hair back into a ponytail. Mrs Arbelle came in to congratulate us, and I tuned out.