Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Total Filler

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 014

Total Filler

When my brown eyes opened up, my vision was very blurry, but it didn’t take long to adjust. Looking around me, I saw that there was a pale curtain surrounding the bed, or futon I guess, that I was laying in. A black jacket was lying over my chest, and with a quick inhale, I smelt the scent of Drake on it.

Suddenly, a slight headache hit my head and I groaned, placing my left hand on my forehead and laying back down. Soon after, two sets of footsteps came towards where I was located. The curtain opened up slightly to reveal the older nurse and Drake towering behind her.

“It looks like you’re up Miss Moore,” the woman said, stepping in the makeshift room and handing me a glass of water and an Aspirin. I gave her a smile while taking the items, gulping down the pill with the help of the water.

“How are you feeling Envy?” Drake’s deep voice asked, and I looked up to see him.

“Not as tired as I was before, but now I feel kind of sick.”

“My conclusion is that I believe you have caught the flu.”

“I was fine yesterday,” I argued, to which I saw her wave a hand in dismissal.

“When you become sick, it takes a while for you to notice. The only time you do is when your body starts to fight it off.”

“Makes sense I guess,” I muttered, taking another sip of my water. The nurse fussed over me for a minute, before leaving the two of us alone once she saw that I was doing fine. A breeze moved through once she left and I shivered, pulling Drake’s coat closer to me.

“Cold?” he asked, just standing there.

“Just a little. Thank you for giving me your jacket.”

He gave me a warm smile back. “Not a problem. I’m sorry I couldn’t give you more.”

When the breeze came back, I just decided to put the jacket on instead of hiding behind it. Once I did, I was instantly warm. I heard my friend’s deep laugh and I looked at him, giving him a questioning look.

“You look so small in it,” he stated, pointing at me.

I looked down at the sleeves to see that my hands couldn’t reach the opening unless I rolled them up. I glared down at them before looking at Drake. “I just look so small because you’re so damn tall.”

After that, it came quiet between us. He stood there awkwardly while I just looked down at my coat covered hands. When I got fed up of the silence, I looked up at Drake and said, “Thank you.”

He came back from his day dream and looked down at my form. “For what?”

“For taking me here. Knowing stubborn old me, I would have wanted to go back to class, but would have just ended up fainting there.”

“There’s no need for thanking me, it’s what friends are for.”

“But you care about me more than a friend does.”

He seemed to have been caught off guard at that statement because his eyes widened before he looked down at his feet. Man, was that a long way down. Damn, stay focused Envy.

“Yeah, I do,” he finally said.

“Look, if you want me to go-“

“No,” I replied quickly, grabbing his dark hand in mine, “I want you to stay.”

Drake gave me a small smile, but I could see the deep happiness in his eyes. “Then I will stay.”

I looked around at the make shift room with curtain walls and noticed that there was no where he could sit. Except for the bed I was laying in.

A blush formed on my cheek as I scooted forward. “You can sit behind me and I can just lean against you. Uh, that’s if you want.”

I was looking down at my hands once again, and I didn’t hear him say anything, so I could only guess that he had reclined the offer. I was surprised when I felt his arms wrap around me and bring me towards his chest.

Just like when he had been carrying me, I noticed how comfortable his body was, and it was hard not to want to snuggle into him, which was exactly what I did.

“You’re warm,” I murmured.

“So are you.”

“Really?” I asked, “Because I feel like an ice cube.”

I could feel his small laugh vibrate through my body and I couldn’t help but smile. I let my eyes close as I relaxed against Drake’s body. I was so close to sleep when he started, “About what I said-“

“We’ll see where we go, okay?”

There was a pause before he said, “Alright. Promise things won’t be awkward between us?”

“I promise,” I swore as I fell asleep to the rhythm of my friend’s steady breathing.

~~~~~

“Hey guys,” I greeted my friends as I walked into my seventh period class in my regular clothes instead of my gym ones.

“Where the F-“ Bert began before Quinn covered his mouth with his hand.

“Where have you been?” he finished for his friend.

“I was in the nurse’s office. I wasn’t feeling too good during third so-“

“Ha! I told you she wouldn’t make it through third, cough up the money guys!” Dan exclaimed, making Mikey, Frank, and Bert dig in the pockets of their jeans. Guess they didn’t feel like dressing out either.

Before Dan could take the money, I snatched it from all three of them and inserted it into my pocket.

“What the hell?!” Dan yelled, glaring at me, “That’s my money. I won the bet.”

“Yeah, but you bet on me, so I say it’s my money now.”

“Aren’t you guys going to do anything about that?”

Frank just shrugged his shoulders. “We lost our money, it doesn’t really matter who we lost it too.”

“Yeah, and I bet Envy will put it to good use, unlike you who would just use it to build up your porn collection,” Taylor teased.

“Shut up!”

Feeling a nudge to my hip, I looked down to see Roxy looking at me. “So, do you know what’s wrong with you?”

“I have, like, the flu or something.”

“Ew,” she said, scrunching up her nose, “If you get me sick, I’ll kill you.”

I laughed and gave her a smile. “I’ll try not to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to: A Girl Called Kill, ashleeinwonderland, A_Girl_Called_Kill14, and superkitcat for commenting. Double kudos to superkitcat. She commented when I asked :D Thinking about rewarding her with an insight to the future of this story.

So, just like the name suggests, this was pretty much a filler XD Or the part after the nurse's office was anyway.

_Comment_