Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Made Up And Connected

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 019

Made Up And Connected

“He did what?!” Roxy squealed over the other side of the phone, causing me to wince and hold the phone away from my ear until she was done.

“Done now?”

“Maybe. Wow, I’ve seen Drake around school, pretty handsome, but I never thought he could be so aggressive. It’s kind of hot.”

I rolled my eyes and continued on. “I told him I would tell him my answer on Monday.”

“What is it, yes or no?”

I bit my lip and twirled the black wire around my fingers. “I… I’m going to tell him yes.”

Luckily, I had the phone at arm’s length quick enough to escape Roxy’s banshee scream and couldn’t help but chuckle at how excited she was. I turned when I heard Dad clearing his throat behind me and almost burst out laughing at his questioning glance.

“What was that?” he asked.

“Roxy.”

He nodded his head as if that completely made sense and returned to whatever he was doing in the kitchen. I went back to my phone call with my friend, who was blubbering things I couldn’t understand.

“-such a cutie! And I can tell right now he will act like such a gentleman!”

“He is pretty sweet,” I replied, feeling the blush coming to my cheeks.

“What are you going to do about… you know.”

“Who?”

“Frank!”

“There’s nothing there Rox,” I sighed, running a hand through my thick hair, “He’s made it clear that we’re only in the friend’s zone. There’s no point in wasting my time on someone who has no interest what so ever in me. It will be better if I just move on and have a happy relationship with Drake.”

“I’m really happy for you V, I am,” Roxy started, “but I’m telling you, Frank just kissing someone isn’t like him. Sure, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did it with one of the guys, but you’re Envy. It’s totally different.”

I shrugged, not like she could see. “It doesn’t matter. I’m giving up on him.”

~~~~~

“I don’t know if I can do this Roxy. I’m so nervous!”

“Why? All you have to do is say ‘yes’ and he’ll sweep you away and you’ll live happily ever after!” the smaller girl said with a large smile on her face as we walked to school together.

“What if he doesn’t like this?” I asked, motioning to the way I was dressed at this moment and the way I had made myself up. It just wasn’t me.

“Anyone would be crazy not to like this. You’re damn sexy!”

I was about to say something to her comment but was stopped when I felt an arm sling over my shoulder. I glanced to the side and saw Mikey talking to Roxy.

“Hey Rox! Who’s your friend over here?”

“Shut the hell up Mikey, you know who it is!” I hissed, pushing him away. He blinked for a few seconds with his mouth opened an inch or so.

“Wow Envy, you look really good.”

The blush that settled into my cheeks was covered by the red I had applied to my cheeks earlier this morning.

“You know, green really suits you,” the boy said when we began walking again.

“Yeah yeah, whatever.”

“Aw, you’re embarrassing her!” Roxy smirked, winking at me.

“Hey guys, what’s- Oh Envy! You told me you were dressing up last night, but wow,” Taylor breathed, being the first of the group to notice us coming.

“Can we stop making such a big deal of this?” I sighed.

“How can we,” Quinn voiced with a smile, “You look gorgeous.”

Yesterday after I had invited Roxy and Taylor over to my house, they had decided to pick out my outfit for the school day, demanding I wear it. The two decided I could do my own makeup.

So now, I was clad in a long, emerald green shirt that hung off of my shoulders. A black tank top was under there to cover my bra straps. Under the shirt I had black shorts where the fabric was just long enough to be dress code for school. To finish off my outfit, I had black zip up boots that clung to my shin tightly.

For my part, I had made up my eyes with a nice green that contrasted perfectly against the black it went along with. I had a simple lip gloss on, making my lips shine. And I had also taken the time to curl my hair.

“I-I’m leaving,” I huffed, turning on my heel and heading straight into the school. I had something to do anyway.

“Where is she going?” I heard Bert ask.

“None ya! Hey, anyone know where Frankie is?”

Taking a deep breath, I opened the main doors to the school and walked in with a confidence that I hadn’t had previously. The heels of my boots clicked against the tiles, causing people to look over at me. Some turned away, seeing as it wasn’t anyone they knew. Other stared at me, thinking I was new. And a few waved to me, knowing who I was.

“Try not to trip,” I whispered to myself as I came closer and closer to Drake’s locker. When he came in sight, I got so nervous I thought about turning around and running back home. But I kept strong and went forward.

I thanked the lord that he was alone before I tapped him on the shoulder. One body part it was easier to reach with my newly elevated height. He turned around, about to ask what I needed until he saw who it was.

“Envy, what-“

But I didn’t let him finish. I leaned up and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck to keep ourselves together. Damn, I had gotten really aggressive myself over the past couple days.

At first, he was surprised and could only stand there. Not too long after I kissed him, however, he wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up a couple inches, deepening our kiss. After some time, the kiss was broken and Drake set me back down. We were both staring at each other, breathing a little heavier than normal.

“Yes,” I answered simply, but my eyes said so much more.

Drake’s face was lit up with a smile for only a second before we connected lips again.
♠ ♠ ♠
There we are, some fluff. Just not the fluff you guys want XD

_Comment_