Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Crush And Catch

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 020

Crush And Catch

The deep kiss that we shared dissolved too soon into light kisses and ended with both of us pulling away. My right hand had made its way to the left side of Drake’s face to stroke his dark skin. His hand intertwined in my hair like it had yesterday, brushing the skin on my shoulder as he did. It sent a shiver through my body.

“Thank you,” he whispered, his voice lower than usual.

“For what?” I questioned.

“For giving me a chance. You’re such an amazing girl and I am lucky that you would ever consider having me as your boyfriend. That guy has no idea what he’s missing.”

“And you have no idea what you’ve just gotten yourself into,” I purred, changing the topic, “are you sure you can handle me?”

“I wouldn’t mind trying.”

We both had smiles on our faces until the bell starting school rang, making Drake sigh. He placed a light kiss on my lips before stepping away. “Unfortunately, we have classes to attend. Until we meet again.”

He went to walk away, but turned back around. “And Envy? My absolute, most favorite color is green.”

I was grinning ear to ear as I walked to my English class, feeling victorious in what I had done. That had taken some guts to come out of me. I was proud of myself.

And deep down, crushed.

~~~~~

“You never did tell me why you were all dressed up,” Mikey voiced as we worked on the worksheet Ms. Den had given us. Apparently she wasn’t feeling in the mood to stand at the board the entire period to teach us, and gave us this instead.

“I wasn’t aware that you asked,” I answered, writing down the answer to number three.

“Well, I’m asking now.”

“Not that it’s any of your concern,” I started, “I decided to dress up special for someone.”

I glanced over when I didn’t hear anything from the boy and I saw him in deep thought, rubbing his chin. One of my eyebrows rose at his action. “What are you doing?”

“I’m pondering.”

I put a hand over my mouth to muffle my giggles. “Pondering about what?”

“About whom you could be dressing up for.”

“For-“

“No!” he said as loud as he could without calling attention to himself, “I can guess for myself.”

I gave him an eye roll and went back to my work. He would tell me when he figured it out.

By the time I heard another sound from him, I was already on number sixteen. What he said was, “I give up.”

“I dressed up for Drake, the one you met yesterday.”

“That really tall guy?” I nodded. “Why?”

“Because he asked me out and I wanted to dress up when I gave him my answer.”

“Just looking at you it’s obvious it was a yes. Envy Moore is now officially off the market. Many customers are going to be upset.”

“Like who?”

Mikey turned away from me quickly, suddenly facing one of the other lab benches. “I-I don’t know. Probably all the younger guys that are into you.”

“Okay…”

That was sort of weird.

~~~~~

We were already together, why the hell was I so nervous to go to Economics? It’s not like anything would change between us, right? We should still be like we were before.

That was the thing that I was most afraid of, change. Over these short few weeks of being in school, Drake had become my best friend. He was sweet and understanding and would be there if you needed him. Would he still be like that while we were in a relationship?

I took in a deep breath before I walked into the partially full classroom, my eyes landing on my new boyfriend. When he heard the door open, he looked up and smiled at me. I gave him a uneasy smile then sat down in my seat next to the boy.

He noticed a change in my mood and looked at me. “What’s wrong?” he asked, scooting to the edge of his chair so that he could comfortably hold my hand and look into my eyes. As soon as we had that contact, I wasn’t having second thoughts anymore.

“I’m just a little rusty at this whole ‘dating’ thing and I was kind of nervous.”

He let out a soft chuckle and tightened his hold on me. “When is the last time you’ve had a boyfriend Envy?”

I bit my lip softly as I thought about it. “In 7th grade.”

“Unbelievable. Don’t worry hun, I’ll make sure to turn you into a pro.”

I flushed out of embarrassment, causing Drake to laugh loudly and attention to be called to us. “You’re adorable when you blush.”

“Shut it you,” I mumbled, sitting up straight once Mr. Singer announced that it was time that class started.

Throughout the entire period, Drake and I would glance at one another and smile and I found it really refreshing doing something like this and feeling like this.

Feeling happy.

~~~~~

“You guys are going to make such a cute couple,” Taylor whispered to me. We had to keep our voices in a hushed tone due to the fact that Mr. Smith was reading off a list of songs that could probably be in our showing.

“I’m bringing him over to our group during lunch, so you guys better not scare him off.”

“You said he got along good with Mikey, right? We should all become good buddies with him. Sure, he’ll have moments when he’ll wonder why he likes hanging out with some of those weirdoes, but I think we all ask ourselves that every now and then.”

I beamed at Taylor before tuning my chorus teacher’s voice back in.

“-and Hallelujah.” Damn, we’d gotten to the end of the list. So much for listening.

“That song is so boring,” one of the girls, Michelle, said. Her arms were folded across her chest and she had a bored expression on her face.

“Michelle, this is a song about faith that fits any musical group perfectly. It’s something that everyone sings.”

“Exactly,” she interrupted, “everyone sings it. All the people will have heard the song a million times and fall asleep to it instantly. We really need to get a new collection of music.”

“Then what do you suggest we sing then?” She was silent then. “What do any of you suggest?”

I looked around at all of my classmates. No one seemed to have a clue. That’s when I saw my friend’s light brown eyes light up.

“What about the song Envy was singing a week or so ago? You know, the one she got in trouble for?”

“Thanks for bringing it back up Tay,” I hissed at her. She just shrugged.

“The Queen song?” one of the few boys in the class asked. I shrunk into my seat, tempted to put my hands over my face. Why had everyone been paying attention to me that one day?

“Yeah, that one! It would be really interesting and would work well with all of our voices!”

“We could even have soloist for all of the different parts.”

“This is the best idea you’ve ever had Envy!” Taylor whispered, trying not to laugh.

I gave her a glare and she went back to the conversation the whole class was having about song choice. I just sat there until the class ended, silent. I had already made my contribution.

~~~~~

It was now lunch time and I was spending the first couple minutes of it standing in front of Drake’s locker, like instructed. I was looking around for the tall boy, but couldn’t seem to spot him anywhere. And trust me, that wasn’t a hard task.

I finally just stopped looking and waited. As I became bored of that, I started looking around and my sight turned to my shoe. Damn, it had a scuff!

Just as I was about to bend down to try and rub the mark away, I felt a pair of arms snake around me before lifting me up into the air. I had to stop myself from screaming bloody murder, but I did let out a small ‘eek’.

“Calm down dear,” I heard Drake say into my ear, causing a breath of relief to escape my lips.

“Good lord Drake! You almost gave me a heart attack,” I lectured after he had put me down.

“Sorry,” he said sincerely and I couldn’t help but smile. I leaned up, I’d be doing a lot of that from now on, and kissed his cheek softly.

“Come on, I want to introduce you to the rest of my friends.”

The boy nodded his head, wrapping his hand around mine then followed me as I led him to my large group of friends. We talked along the way, and when we made it to everyone, the two of us were laughing at a story we had shared. I looked over at Roxy and saw her smiling.

“Hey V, who’s this?” Jepha asked.

“I’m Drake,” he introduced, only taking a few seconds or so to shake everyone’s hand.

“Hey Drake,” Roxy said, waving at him. The two shared a short conversation until she said, loud enough for everyone to hear, “It’s cool that we’ll be seeing you a lot from now on.”

“Why?” Frankie asked, pulling himself away from a quiet conversation him and Mikey had been in.

“Because Envy and I are in a relationship now.”

I heard congratulatory comments and saw that Drake was being praised for ‘catching’ me. I rolled my eyes at them and turned when I felt a breeze passing me.

“Frank? Where are you going?”

“I have somewhere to be.” It was kind of hard to hear him since he didn’t turn around to reply.

“What’s up with him?” Dan asked, scratching his head.

“Who knows.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Father's Day guys! I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely (Lovely over here anyway) day!

_Comment_