Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Three Tales Of Chemical Romance

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 037

Three Tales Of Chemical Romance

This particular Thursday seemed to be going by slightly faster than it usually did. I was now on my way to third period; the first two classes seemed to speed by in only twenty minutes. As I walked into Economics, I was expecting another partially lonely day, seeing as Ms. Den was still not back and Drake seemed set on staying there as long as she was. I was surprised when I saw the dark skinned boy sitting at his desk, removing the essential things out of his back pack.

“You’re back to school finally?” I asked him quietly as I sat down.

He glanced over at me with a large grin on his face. “Yes, I missed you.”

I smiled at him, still feeling a little guilty about my false confession to the boy yesterday night. There was no more time to talk as Mr. Singer started to lecture the class on the next core assignment. The class was busy taking notes as he continued to talk, leaving no room for them to take a break to rest their hands.

Thankfully, just like the previous courses, the bell rang, ending the class. Everyone packed their things quickly and headed out the door, Drake and I included.

Speaking of the boy, once we were out the door, he pulled me towards him, pressing me against the wall. I looked up at my boyfriend and gave him a look, expecting him to explain his actions. His smile made my stomach flip and my heart beat just a little bit faster. He kissed each corner of my mouth, mumbling out “I missed you so much,” in between each kiss. He finally stopped and hovered right above my lips, waiting for me to do something.

His warm breath hitting my lips was driving me crazy, so I leaned forward to give him the kiss he had been waiting for. It was short, only a couple seconds or two, and we separated right as the warning bell rang.

We said our goodbyes, but before I went to walk away, he turned back to me and said “I love you.”

The guilty feeling came back to the pit of stomach as I returned the gesture to him before walking off to my chorus class. Why didn’t I feel like I was in love with him? We’d been together for a long time now, (Well, long enough), and saying I love you should feel right. But it didn’t, not one bit, and I didn’t understand it. The boy drove me wild though, I was excited about every kiss. Was it possible that our relationship was just turning into one of lust and physical attraction?

I shook my head, running into the small classroom full of talking students just before the bell decided to chime. I smirked in my victory. It was cut short when Mr. Smith gave me a glare, one that clearly said “Sit down and don’t interrupt my class.” Who, me?

I found my seat next to Taylor, who gave me a greeting hug while keeping her eyes on the talking man at the front of the room. He quickly announced that today was a free day for most of us, but the ones that had signed up for the contest would have to come up with a list of audition songs and hand it into him at the end of the period.

My blond haired friend and I did this the entire period, talking about different things as we did so, and by the end of class my sheet was filled and taken care of. Damn, why was everything going so fricken smoothly?

I waved to Taylor, promising to see her at lunch, then made my way over to my Free Block. I really wish I could just head over to the library, because that’s where I went anyway, but I unfortunately had to go for the teacher to take attendance. Stupid inconvenience if you ask me.

“Guess who!” I heard someone’s excited voice ask as they covered my eyes once I was inside the classroom. I knew exactly who it was, but was confused as to why he was in here with me. But I had something more important to ask before I questioned that.

“How the hell can a midget like you cover my eyes?”

“I'm not a midget!” he asked, pulling his hands away and glaring at me once I turned around. My lip twitched at his pouting face.

“I know that. You’re a Pansy!”

He glared one more time before he smiled at me. “What are you doing here Frank? Aren’t you supposed to be in Guitar?”

“I’m supposed to be, but I got called over the school intercom to come to the office.”

“And you’re here… why?”

“Psh, duh!” he yelled, flicking my forehead, “It’s your free block, so once you can leave, you can come with me and then we can skip off happily to the library or something like that.”

I rubbed my forehead with a frown, but didn’t say anything, just shrugged my shoulders. “Fine, it’s your ass in trouble if we get caught though.”

So, we waited until the teacher took attendance, he didn’t even notice Frankie was in the class, before heading off to the office where the small boy was needed. It didn’t take him long to finish his business in there, and we were off to the library, making jokes and pushing each other along the way.

“You’re a liar!” I whispered quietly when we finally got into the silent library.

“When have I ever lied to you?” he asked me while I gave him an incredulous look. Really thinking about it, I couldn’t find a time.

“Fine, then show me your palm reading powers,” I demanded from him once we sat down at one of the many table. He gave me a smirk and moved his chair closer to mine for better access to my hand. He took it gently into his, turning it over so that my palm was up.

His index finger traced the long line at the top of my palm, sending shivers down my spine at the feeling of his touch.

“This one is your life line, and as you can see, it’s quite long. That means you’re going to be here for a very long time, growing all old and stuff.”

“Nice fortune telling talk there Frankie,” I said with a scoff. He ignored me and continued on.

“The one in the middle is your marriage line. This means that you will have a good and long marriage with whoever you chose. And this last one…” he trailed off, looking at the line that went from an inch or so above my thumb to curve to my wrist. He traced it multiple times, not continuing his sentence.

“What?” I prodded.

His curious look turned into a smirk, which confused me. “And this is your libido line! Which means you’re damn good in bed!”

I hit the boy with my free hand as he laughed. “I knew you couldn’t really read palms!”

“Can too, I’m just not that good at it.”

“So you just made all that up?” I asked him, a small and content smile on my face. I didn’t really mind the fact that he was still holding onto my hand and tracing the lines on my palm.

“No way, I know all that stuff is going to happen to you Envy.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, you’re going to grow old married to a lucky guy who you really love.”

The two of us stared at one another, not saying anything, but reading each others eyes. This lasted only a moment before I heard someone clearing their throat behind me. I turned around, surprised at the interruption, and saw Drake’s tall form standing there, a couple books in his hand. Frank and I quickly drew away from each other while I gave my boyfriend a smile.

“Hi Drake,” I whispered, hoping not to anger any of the librarians.

“What were you two just doing?” he asked, his eyes giving me an unrecognizable look.

“Frank here,” I said, turning towards him, “was reading my palm. He said he’s good at it, but I think he’s lying.”

“Am not,” he said, although he didn’t seem as excited as he had been before when he argued it.

“Well… I have to get back to class. I guess I’ll see you two at lunch,” Drake said lowly, “Love you Envy.”

“Um, Love you too,” I replied uncomfortably as he walked away. When I looked back at Frank, he was giving me a strange look.

“What?”

He put his hands up in the air, as if what he was about to say could be slightly offensive. “I may not be an expert on relationships, but that right there seem forced.”

“You’re right,” I said, standing up, “You’re not an expert. Come on, we can get an early start for lunch.”

Without a word after that, I left, hearing the footsteps of the boy following me. We made it a couple steps outside before he pulled me back by my hand. I turned to look at him.

“Is everything alright?” he asked, his voice laced with concern. The emotion he showed towards me made a smile come to my face, and I took his other hand in mine.

“I’m fine, and so is everything else,” I said, giving his hands a slight squeeze. He stared at me for a couple moments and nodded his head.

“Lunch it is then!”

We walked slowly together, this time silent, but there was nothing awkward between us. It was a peaceful silence that we both enjoyed. With our slow pace, we weren’t at the table until the actual bell rang. Unlike I had expected, Frankie didn’t sit next to me on the bench, but across from me, where we were still in sight of each other.

Well, of course he was sitting over there. Now that Drake was back, I didn’t really need anyone to fill his spot. But I had to admit that I did miss him right next to me.

“Envy!” I heard Roxy yell before wrapping her arms around me, almost knocking the both of us to the floor. I laughed when she finally pulled away.

“I missed you too Rox.” She smiled at me as she sat down on the bench next to mine. Her attention went to Frank, who gave her a smile.

“What’s up Veggie, you’re never here this early?”

“He skipped class with me since I was in free block.”

“He’s a bad influence,” Jepha said, sitting next to the boy, who pushed him, “You shouldn’t hang around him.”

“Oh, I know, but he’s just so addictive.”

“Got that right babe!”

Right after that was said, I felt Drake sit down next to him. I turned to give him a smile and kissed his cheek, as usual. His hand intertwined with mine, tighter than usual, but not that big of a difference.

“Hey V, you wanna come dress shopping with Taylor and me this weekend? The dance is only 2 and a half weeks away!”

“If I say no, you’re still going to drag me into anyway.”

“Aw, you know me too well!”

~~~~~

As four o’clock rolled around, I decided that it was time I headed into work. Making sure that my dad was comfortably watching TV after coming home from work, I gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him I would be back from work soon. We said our goodbyes and I was soon driving down the mostly empty streets until I reached the music store. Seeing as it was a Thursday, it was once again slow. Seeing what a Friday looked like, though, made me appreciate slow days like this.

I walked into the store and was greeted by my friends, all of whom I gave a smile too. Joey, who was right next to me, gave me a smile as I made my way to the counter. Suddenly, the office door slamming open was heard, halting my walk. Ray was running out of the room, guitar in one of his hands. I went to side step him so that we wouldn’t bump into each other, but he grabbed my arm and started pulling me with him.

“Whoa, hey, where are we going?!” I asked him, pushing my heels into the ground so he would have a harder time trying to pull me.

“To band practice, and you’re going with me!”

“I am?”

“Yes.”

“But, um, I have a job to do. Money-stuff-music!”

“No! We need you to be there! Now come on.”

I sent everyone a look that said “Help me!” but there wasn’t much they could do once I was out of the store. Ray pushed me into his car, in his seat before I even had myself buckled.

“Why are you so excited?”

“Well,” Ray started off, quickly backing out of the parking lot, “First off, Gerard apparently found a drummer, and second, Mikey said he came up with a good name for the band!”

“So you let him in after all?”

“Yeah, and I’m helping him with his bass lessons. He did a pretty good job teaching himself though.”

In no time, we were in front of an unfamiliar house, but one that looked kind of like mine. “This would be my home!”

Once again, I was dragged behind him and I barely had time to look at my surroundings when I was dragged down some stairs. When we were at our destination, I noticed it was a basement, filled with instruments as well as males.

Gerard, Mikey, Frank, and another man I didn’t know sat around, I’m guessing waiting for their lead guitarist. When they heard him come in, they looked over at us, smiling.

“Hey Ray, Envy!”

“Hi,” I said, waving.

“Why are you here?” Mikey asked, a little bit confused.

I just shrugged. “I don’t know. Ray was the one that said that ‘I needed to be here!’ so ask him.”

“I just felt like bringing her!” Ray announced before anyone could ask. I rolled my eyes and went to find a seat, but was pulled into someone’s lap. I looked down to see Frankie smiling at me.

“Well hey there, Mr. Palm Reader.”

“Hey there Miss. Libido.” I blushed at what he said, causing the midget to laugh. I elbowed him softly, making him groan slightly.

“Okay everyone! Pay attention!” Gerard yelled, getting everyone’s attention. Everyone being Mikey, Frank, and I. Ger, Ray, and the other guy were all standing at the front.

“This,” the black haired man said, pointing to the man beside him, “is Matt Pelissier, our new drummer.”

The man was tall, although slightly chubby, with shaggy brown hair and a little goatee going on. His smirk was kind of creepy, and I didn’t like him very much. But you can’t get your first impression by just looks. Matt was about to say something before Mikey jumped up, catching everyone’s attention.

“And I have the name for the band!”

“If it’s like the one you suggested before, I’m going to kick you in the face,” Frank said, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“What was his last suggestion?”

“Christmas In July.”

I tried to hide my laugh, but I ended up just guffawing at his suggestion. Everyone stared at me with amused smiles, all except for Mikey who seemed a little hurt, and waited until I settled down. My face was red by the time I was done.

“Are you stupid?” I asked the kid in glasses, who pouted.

“I swear it’s better this time!” he shouted, digging into his messenger bag. We all watched him with curiosity. All of us were beyond confused when he pulled out a book.

“My Chemical Romance!” he exclaimed.

All of us were quiet, and Mikey’s excitement wavered, thinking that everyone hated it.

“I-I love it!” Gerard said, giving a proud smile towards his brother before pulling him into a hug.

“How did you come up with it?” Ray asked him.

“Well,” he said, pulling away from the hug, “I was putting away books at my job when I came across this one and read the title.”

I squinted to see what the book said and read Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance.

“You’re a genius Mikey,” I said with a smile. He grinned over at me.

“That I know.”

Frank snorted behind me. “A genius? His last suggestion was Christmas In July.”

And I was once again thrown into a fit of laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mk. First, sorry it took quite a while to update. Not only did I have some writer's block, but I was busy with my birthday stuff, then AP assignments D: But I hope this chapter makes up for it.

I was reading over some of my chapters (because I'm lame like that) and I just randomly thought "I'm really starting to hate Drake." D: Oh well, he'll be gone soon ;D

MOST IMPORTANTLY: I get this writer's block bit a lot, and I usually look towards my friend Suzy a lot to help me. She reads the story religiously and I trust her opinion on what is to come next. But I ask for her help a lot, and I think she gets annoyed with it XD So! I wanted to know if any of you would like to help me when I have writer's block? You'll get an insight to what is going on, and some sneak peeks. I only need one, a maximum of two, so Message me if you want to be those people.

_Comment_