Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

Coming home.

Spencer's P.O.V.

“Why the hell do I have to leave in a wheel chair? I can walk just fucking fine,” Kara argued with me as I pushed her down the hall.

“It's hospital rules. Everyone has to leave in a wheel chair. Now stop whining and be happy, we're talking our daughter home today. This is a happy day!” I told her, smiling down at her and Sunnie.

“Yeah, but I don't like wheel chairs. Or crutches. They make me feel crippled and helpless,” she explained.

“Have you ever been in a wheel chair or used crutches before now?” I asked and she nodded.

“When I was ten, Brendon, Haidyn, and I were playing outside. I think I jumped off of something and broke my ankle. It hurt like a bitch,” she told me and I laughed.

“Maybe we should refrain from our language, huh?” I asked and she shrugged.

“We will when she'd older. I'm pretty sure she won't be talking right now. So I don't think she'll be able to repeat everything we say.”

“I think we should just be careful what we say around her. Even though she is little, at one point she's going to catch on, and then we'll be in trouble,” I said and she laughed.

“She's just tiny right now. I'll be careful. Especially since she'll be around us all the time,” she said, stroking Sunnie's head. The little girl was sleeping peacefully in her mother's arms and I couldn't help but smile. We had finally gotten to the car and I opened the door. Kara stood up with the baby still in her arms and placed her carefully in the car seat I had put in the backseat just this morning. I walked the wheel chair back up to the hospital and came back to the car to find Kara sitting in the backseat next to Sunnie.

“Are you sitting back there?” I asked her and she nodded.

“It's her first time in the car and out of the hospital. I wanna be back here with her to watch her in case she needs something,” she said and I nodded.

“Okay. Well, then I guess that means I'm gonna be up here driving,” I said, buckling my seat belt and turning on the car. I pulled out of the parking lot and onto the road, glancing in the mirror to see Kara watching Sunnie. “Is she still sleeping?”

“Yeah. She's definitely out. Hopefully we can wake her up when we get home. Everyone's going to want to see her,” she said and I nodded.

“Yeah, seeing as they're waiting for us to get home,” I said. I drove for a few more minutes before I reached our house, already noticing three cars sitting in the driveway. I pulled in and shut off the car, getting out and opening the back door. Kara was messing with the car seat, trying to get it up off the base. I pulled straight up on it, allowing it to come free. I picked it up and took it out of the car, Kara getting out the other side. We met at the front of the car before walking to the door, opening it to find a bunch of people sitting in the living room. Ryan and Brendon both glanced at us as we walked in, smiling as soon as I set down the carrier on the floor. Ryan bent over and unbuckled it, lifting the small, baby girl out of it. Her blue eyes widened as she was being lifted, searching all around the room as Ryan cradled her in his arms.

“Good morning, baby girl,” Kara said, kissing her forehead before walking to sit on the couch. Ryan sat down on the love seat where Jon was sitting with Jacob. I bent down next to him, seing Jake stare at the little girl curiously.

“What is that, Jake?” Jon asked his son and the nine month year old boy glanced up at his father before looking back down at Sunnie.

“It's a baby,” Ryan told him and he reached a hand out to touch her.

“Be nice,” Jon warned as Jacob touched her hand.

“Let her hold him if he will,” I told Ryan.

“How? He's kind of small to do that,” he said and I picked her up gently. Jon pulled Jacob back to a sitting position on his lap. I carefully placed her in his outstretched arms, making sure to keep a good hold on her as Jacob gazed down at the newborn. He touched her forehead, being amazingly gentle for a boy his age. He leaned forward toward her and I pulled her back a little bit.

“He wants to give her a hug,” Jon explained and I nodded.

“I'm just trying to make sure she doesn't fall,” I told him and he nodded.

“I know.”

I put her up to level with Jacob and her leaned forward, placing his arms loosely around her as he laid his head next to hers.. I saw a camera flash and glanced to see Kara and Angie watching as they smiled behind me. Jake pulled a way and placed his face to hers, giving a kiss to her forehead. Awes emitted around the room at this little show of affection and I smiled. I stood up with her, placing a kiss against her cheek as Jacob smiled up at me. Jon smoothed down his hair and hugged him.

“You're such a good boy. So gentle,” Jon told him and he smiled, showing off a pair of perfectly white front teeth.

“Very good,” I agreed, handing Sunnie off to Brendon, who quickly started talking and cooing at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is really short, but I have a major head ache and am really tired. I thought this was cute anyway, and I just wanted to have something up for you before school starts here on tomorrow.

I'm still not satisfied with the amount of comments. Have these last couple of chapters been that horrible that no one wanted to comment them?