Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

You're pulling the trigger all wrong.

Cali's P.O.V.

I walked in the door to see Ryan and Brendon on the couch watching a movie. I walked over to the couch and sat next to Bren, who looked at me and smiled before snuggling me up in his arms just like I was waiting for him to do.

"Hey babe, what was the big emergency?" He asked before placing a kiss lightly on my lips.

"We were being followed the other day." I said calmly as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Huh?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow. I searched through my purse to find the magazine that I had grabbed of Travis' table. I flipped to the page and pointed it out to them.

"Ugh motherfuckers. Why can't we do anything without them knowing. So Travis saw this?" He asked.

"Yes," I said.

"And..?" He asked wanting to know more.

"He was pretty pissed, but it's over. You have me all to yourself now," I said returning the kiss from a few minutes before.

"Oh really? So does that mean you have extra room now?" He asked.

"I guess so. Oh whatever will I do with it? All alone in this big house, who will protect me?" I asked.

"Me!" He yelled, making Ryan look at him oddly.

"True. So next week good for you? Because it's wonderful for me."

"Of course," He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine in a gentle, yet very passionate kiss.

Ryan coughed. "Um, you know, I'm still here," He said shifting uncomfotably beside Brendon.

"Hi Ryro!" I said smiling at me as though I had just noticed him there.

"Hi Cali," He said before turning his attention back to the screen.

We all sat and watched the movie. I had no idea what it was and I was getting bored. So I decided to mess with Brendon a little bit. I tried to kiss his lips, but couldn't get him to turn his head so I ended up placing little kisses along his cheek and jawline. I moved over to his ear and licked the shell before nibbling on the ear lobe. I started getting a little bit of a rise from him, which I took to my advantage. I dragged my tounge down from his ear to his neck and started biting and sucking his collarbone as I rubbed him through his jeans. He squirmed at my touch and I knew he would yell at me soon.

"Cali, stop it!" He whimpered as I found a really sensitive spot on his neck.

"Mmm, no I don't think so. I'm bored," I said as I started to move my hand faster.

He groaned making me giggle and Ryan looked weirded out as he scooted a little farther away from Brendon's side.

"We'll be right back," He said grabbing my hand and dragging me up the stairs. "Okay, now finish what you started," He said plopping down on the bed and bringing me down on top of him.

"What did I do?" I asked smiling at him innocently. He just stared at me blankly. "Did you know you have a tent in your pants?"

"Oh really? You want to help me out there?" He asked.

"Sure, why not?" I said reaching to unbuckle his belt. Once I got that done I worked at his jeans and pulled them down along with his boxers.

"Someone's happy!" I said looking down at his erection.

He groaned. "Just do it!" He said annoyed.

I just shrugged at him and took him fully in my mouth at once. He moaned and bucked his hips, making me gag. I pushed his hips down so he couldn't do it again and started up a pattern as bobbed my head and swirled my tounge around him. A few minutes later he released into my mouth and I swallowed all I could. I crawled up his chest and kissed him. We kissed for a moment before he pulled away and stood up to put his pants back on.

"Hey, what about me?" I asked.

"You have to wait until later. Plus you're the reason we were up here in the first place. I'm not going to reward you for being bad," He told me.

"Well, what are you going to do to me for being a bad, bad girl?" I asked trying to sound sexy.

"You'll have to wait and see," He said giving me a quick kiss before we walked down the stairs.

"It's over?" Brendon asked as Ryan took the movie out.

"Yeah, you guys missed the ending, doing whatever the hell you were doing," He said smiling knowingly.

"Oh you're just jealous cause you haven't gotten laid in months," Bren said.

"I'm tired," I informed them.

"Then go to bed," Bren answered. I swear sometimes I wonder about him.

I whacked him in the back of the head and repeated myself. "I'm tired!"

"I'm coming!"

"Okay, so you're okay down here Ryan?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I got the guest room all set up. I'll be fine. You guys just go ahead," He told me.

Brendon and I went up the stairs and to our own bed and snuggled up in it.

"So do you want your punishment now?" Brendon asked me.

"No, I'm tired. Let's just make out or something," I said.

We must have fallen asleep sometime after that, because I didn't hear the door open. So when I opened my eyes to a very drunk and pissed Travis, I was more than a little freaked.

"How the hell did you get in here?" I screamed.

"You forgot to get something, sweet-heart," He said dangling his set of keys in front of his dimly lit face.

"Stay away from me!" I said and Brendon woke up next to me.

"Cali what's the- what are you doing here?!" He yelled as he saw Travis.

"Just had something I had to give you," Travis slurred as he pulled out a gun from his pocket and pointed it at Brendon.

"No! Bren!" I screamed as he pushed me off the bed and out of the way as Travis pulled the trigger and a gun shot cried out. Everything after that was as if in slow motion; police and paramedics rushed into the room, taking Travis away in handcuffs and Brendon out on a stretcher. Ryan came in and walked me out of the door as we drove to the hospital and waited for news about Bren. Jon and Spencer came and talked to Ryan, but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Cali, listen to me. Brendon's alive and he's going to be fine. He's just coming out of surgery right now to get the bullet out of his arm. But the shot wasn't fatal, and he'll be sore for a few days, but he's going to be fine," Ryan told me.

"Ca-can I see him?" I asked and Ryan nodded and grabbed my hand and pulled me back to his room.

I sat down next to his bed and gripped his hand. The way it laid lifeless in my own only made me grip it tighter. I decided then that I needed time to settle everything in my mind thoroughly. I needed to protect Brendon from Travis. I didn't want him getting hurt again. I would make sure of this, even if meant not being with him for a period of time. I loved him way too much, I couldn't lose him. And I came way too damn close this time. Never again.