Status: Finished

But It's Better If You Swear to Shake It Up.

You're a regular decorated emergency.

Cali's P.O.V

I was still laying in the same spot on the floor when I heard the door open. I didn't even make an effort to get up to see who it was. Even if it was Bren, I knew he would just leave right after he got whatever he wanted from his stuff. I didn't flinch or look up when I felt someone wrap their arms around me and pick me up and sit down in the chair holding me. I just didn't care what happened next.

“Cali, honey, talk to me,” I heard Ryan say as he pulled me away from his chest to look down in my face.

I didn't answer and I didn't look at him even as I felt his eyes scan over my tear stained cheeks.

“Please, just say something. Cali, you're scaring me,” He said.

“Wh-where's Bren? Is he okay?” Right now he was my concern. I just needed to know he was okay.

“He's at my house. He's fine, but the question I'm asking is are you okay? What's going on with you?”

“I'm okay.”

Ryan responded by looking down at with raised eyebrows. “So what is this sudden need of a break from the one guy he has shown you the most love in years?”

“I don't know,” I answered bluntly.

“Don't lie. I know you better than you think I do. Now come, tell me.”

“Ryan, I just.. I'm scared. I don't want to hurt him.”

“How are you going to hurt him?”

“Not me. Travis knows about us and he'll do anything in his power to make sure it will end no matter what,” I said.

“Sweetie, Travis is in jail. And he's not getting out for a long time. Plus you and Brendon both have restraining orders against him, remember? So if he even tries to come near you, he'll just be sent back to jail.”

“I know, but I still can't help but think about what would happen if he possibly did get to one of us. I can't lose Bren, he's everything to me.”

“I know, I would be lost without him, too. He's my best friend. But he's not going anywhere, and you can't keep worrying about it. What's supposed to happened will happen, no matter what you do. Plus your hurting him worse than anyone could by giving up on him without explanation.”

“I fucked everything up, I know. Do you think there's any possibility he'll come home tonight?” I asked with a bit of desperation in my voice.

“I wouldn't count on it. Just let him alone for a night. We have an off tour gig tomorrow night, come to that and talk to him. But just wait until then.”

“Mhm. Thank you, Ry,” I said wrapping my arms around him and nuzzling my face into his neck.

There was just something about Ryan that made me feel so comfortable around him. I could sit and talk to him for hours about things I would never even mention to any of Brendon's other friends. But I could never think of him in anymore than a friendly way. I mean don't get me wrong, he's very attractive, but nothings there for me. It was nothing like with Brendon. With Bren I got butterflies and felt more in love with him the more time I spent with him. But with Ryan, he was just like the big brother I never had.

“You're welcome. But I have to get home. I just came over to get Brendon some dry clothes and make sure you were all right,” He said placing me on the couch and going upstairs.

“Ry, am I total disaster?” I asked as he walked down the steps and towards the door.

“No, you're just a regular decorated emergency,” He said making me giggle. He just smiled and kissed my forehead before he walked out the door.

*********

Ryan's P.O.V.

I walked in my door and upstairs to see if Brendon was out of the shower yet. I walked to the door and heard the shower running and then shut off. I opened the door to find Brendon bare ass bent over in front of me.

“Damn Bren!” I yelled making him straighten up almost instantly as he wrapped a towel around his waist.

“Shit, Ry! You scared me,” He said turning around.

“Sorry, babe. You're just so sexy I couldn't help myself.”

“Down boy,” He said laughing and backing away from me as I walked closer to him.

“I'd tap that any day, sooo, do you think today sounds good enough?”

“Save it for the cameras, buddy,” He told me.

“Oh, like you don't want to,” I said rolling my eyes before I tackled him back in the shower.

“Rape!” He screamed as he tried to wrestle me off of him.

“No, we'll save that for later,” I said.

“Get off!”

“What do you think I'm doing?”

“Ryan!” He yelled helplessly.

“What?”

“I'm naked, and very uncomfortable. Now will you get your ass off of me!”

“Fine,” I said getting up and threw his clothes at him. I let him get dressed and the motioned him to come over to me so I could change the bandage on his arm. I did that and we went downstairs. As soon as we got to the bottom step the doorbell rang. I walked over and opened it to see Spencer standing with a girl who looked about seventeen. She looked really familiar, but I couldn't place it.

“Hey Spence,” I said stepping aside so he and the mystery girl could come inside.

“Hey Ryan. Is Brendon here?” He asked.

“Yeah, let me go get him,” I said and called for him.

He walked in the room and his eyes fell on the girl.

“Kara?”